Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain. "

- Frank Herbert
    Very Buddhist, Dune.

I liked the poem from Dune Messiah.

"Here lies a toppled god —His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and tall one."

ReputationRep:
    mine is a bit more pessimistic

The strongest force in the universe isnt love , isnt strength , isnt intellect , it is fear.
    When you love someone , you dont love them , you fear your life without them.
    When you learn something , you dont do it to gain knowledge , you do it because you fear what you would do without this knowledge.
    When you buy something , you dont just buy the product. You are buying the alternative of the fear of how life would be like without that product.

ITs VERY depressing , but i heard that somewhere like a couple years ago and STILL cant find an instance where its wrong

ReputationRep:
    Post hoc ergo propter hoc!!!

ReputationRep:
    There is no spoon

ReputationRep:
    Less is more

ReputationRep:
    “You know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? - Medicine.”
    Tim Minchin

ReputationRep:
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just THIS?”
    Tim Minchin

ReputationRep:
    “Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break hearts.”

I've been following this thread for some time now and just thought I'd drop in and say you've been doing a good job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    "Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan
    oh gosh:rofl:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Very Buddhist, Dune.

I liked the poem from Dune Messiah.

"Here lies a toppled god —His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and tall one."
    it is isn't it

hmm that's interesting What was it referring to in other words, is there like a hidden meaning in it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    I've been following this thread for some time now and just thought I'd drop in and say you've been doing a good job!
    Hey, thanks

Feel free to post stuff too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nono55)
    There is no spoon
    :rofl:
    Less is more
    well said

ReputationRep:
    Post hoc ergo propter hoc!!!
    translation? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eXemp)
    mine is a bit more pessimistic

The strongest force in the universe isnt love , isnt strength , isnt intellect , it is fear.
    When you love someone , you dont love them , you fear your life without them.
    When you learn something , you dont do it to gain knowledge , you do it because you fear what you would do without this knowledge.
    When you buy something , you dont just buy the product. You are buying the alternative of the fear of how life would be like without that product.

ITs VERY depressing , but i heard that somewhere like a couple years ago and STILL cant find an instance where its wrong
    hmm it is a quite depressing but it is also very real. Aw it is a bit sad lol but there is a lot of truth within those sentences.

ReputationRep:
    If two points are destined to touch... the universe will always find a way to make the connection.

ReputationRep:
    Albert Einstein
    The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent or absorbing positive knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    oh gosh:rofl:

it is isn't it

hmm that's interesting What was it referring to in other words, is there like a hidden meaning in it?
    It was from the 'Godbuk Tleilaxu' (that must have been quite a read!) and if I recall correctly, it was a sort of wry, mocking insight into how the Tleilax planned immense operations like the installation of Gods (perhaps more Kwisatz Haderach-like beings?) and then manipulated them and those that served them. We shouldn't forget Scytale's comment that the KH they created by artificial means committed suicide.

ReputationRep:
    "You are a once-in-a-lifetime, never-been-before and never-to-be-again presence on this earth. Never forget the importance of that"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, thanks

Feel free to post stuff too
    If I find something good enough, sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.