Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Best guess is this Bony character but I wouldn't know him if he keyed my car and kicked me in the *******s tbh so I dunno if he is any good
    He's a 6 foot tall striker who Sam Allardyce was interested in apparently to bring to west ham. Don't know if he's the arsenal type, but I've also not seen enough of him to judge this is just my hunch

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    AS are reporting that Barcelona are looking to offload Fabregas (as well as Song, Villa etc.) in the summer. Cesc does seem frustrated at Barca and hasn't progressed as a player at Barca (possibly has regressed because of the lack of freedom to his game). However, I doubt he'll move simply because it hurts Barca too much to sell him. We get half of any money they sell him for and I don't think Fabregas would want to go anywhere else other than Arsenal.
    That could be interesting. Wouldn't it mean that if Barca did want to sell him, an official bid from us for say £25m would mean we only have to pay £12.5m to get him back because of that sell on clause? If we were to assume that Arsenal are the only other club he'd ever consider playing for, perhaps a bid of even less would be enough if Barca really wanted rid. Not that I realistically see them selling him any time in the next year.

ReputationRep:
    AS are reporting that Barcelona are looking to offload Fabregas (as well as Song, Villa etc.) in the summer. Cesc does seem frustrated at Barca and hasn't progressed as a player at Barca (possibly has regressed because of the lack of freedom to his game). However, I doubt he'll move simply because it hurts Barca too much to sell him. We get half of any money they sell him for and I don't think Fabregas would want to go anywhere else other than Arsenal.
    AS are an incredibly pro Madrid paper that always make up stories to unsettle Barca. Fabregas isnt leaving.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Best guess is this Bony character but I wouldn't know him if he keyed my car and kicked me in the *******s tbh so I dunno if he is any good
    Good in FM, scores a lot of goals for me for ivory coast and looks good enough on youtube highlights
    Seriously I've heard he's really good reckon he'd be a hit here but obviously don't watch him enough to comment on his finishing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Top scorer in the eredivise and plays for vitesse. Seems good but plays in the eredivise so could turn out to be a huge flop (although people are saying he's the next drogba)

You are talking about Wilfried bony aren't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think he's definitely worth buying - you know he's gonna be real quality and handful. But I think this summer it needs to be a priority of ours to bring a proven striker. Look at UTD - last year they bought RVP and this year it looks like Lewandowski. We need to wake up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)

I think he's definitely worth buying - you know he's gonna be real quality and handful. But I think this summer it needs to be a priority of ours to bring a proven striker. Look at UTD - last year they bought RVP and this year it looks like Lewandowski. We need to wake up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would like Bony but he has the same qualities as Giroud and Wenger won't bring him, we can expect so see a striker with pace and technical ability. Lewy would rather go to Bayerrn than Man U. Mario snubbed Arsenal and Man U for a move to Bayern, I can see Lewy doing the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Good in FM, scores a lot of goals for me for ivory coast and looks good enough on youtube highlights
    Seriously I've heard he's really good reckon he'd be a hit here but obviously don't watch him enough to comment on his finishing.
    What kind or argument is that? People speak about FM as if the creators spend weeks scouting every single player to get his stats just right.

You're not the only one, friends of mine think FM is real life too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    What kind or argument is that? People speak about FM as if the creators spend weeks scouting every single player to get his stats just right.
    Uh.. you do know thats practically exactly what happens right? Except its not the creators. They have people dedicated to each team who must attend a certain amount of matches, must know a lot about the team.. the reserves.. the teams history.. the league as a whole, must report multiple times a year with any changes etc etc.

Saw someone post this on Facebook, quite liked it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Uh.. you do know thats practically exactly what happens right? Except its not the creators. They have people dedicated to each team who must attend a certain amount of matches, must know a lot about the team.. the reserves.. the teams history.. the league as a whole, must report multiple times a year with any changes etc etc.
    Ridiculous to base perceptions of a player on a computer game even if they have a few people watching games.

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous to base perceptions of a player on a computer game even if they have a few people watching games.
    I highly doubt he is taking FM as gospel, but FM stats/performences are basically as objective as you can physically get. There is nothing in the football world, stat based or not, that can compete with Football Manager in terms of that tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    I highly doubt he is taking FM as gospel, but FM stats/performences are basically as objective as you can physically get. There is nothing in the football world, stat based or not, that can compete with Football Manager in terms of that tbh.
    I reckon most of the time they just say ''**** it, make him a 74''

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it with fm because players are not even rated like that. But their are obviously some players which they give random stats due to not enough knowledge.

But I agree with what your saying people go by Fm stats and think they know how good a player is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's FIFA, which is a pretty inaccurate game because they obviously focus more on the gameplay rather than the characteristics of the players. FM however focuses more on the players themselves, so I guess there is some element of credibility in their game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    AS are an incredibly pro Madrid paper that always make up stories to unsettle Barca. Fabregas isnt leaving.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fabregas leaving is nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    They do have some very good youngsters like Lucas and have some solid players like Gustavo but in terms of competitiveness in the 2014 World cup, I can't really see them challenging Spain or Germany.

A player like Martinez who is phenomenal can't even start for Spain (Del Bosque's opinion may change now with that performance against Barca) but he's basically displaced Gustavo (who is a starter when fit for Brazil imo) at Bayern.

Brazil just don't seem to gel as well as Spain and Germany do. Also, their depth isn't as good as those two teams. Maybe in 2018 World cup things will be different.
    I could, but only because playing at home can make a big difference, and considering the expectations from the Brazilian people and public figures etc. If I had to bet now I'd say they'll probably make the semi, imo

ReputationRep:
    Too many people take FM too seriously. They reckon been able to guide crewe to PL makes them some footballing god.

ReputationRep:

You're not the only one, friends of mine think FM is real life too
    :facepalm2: You really think I was being serious here? Judging a player on youtube highlights and FM. I guess that's better than fifa but I'd never judge a player by that alone. Hearing the guys good, haven't seen him play a full match though and only watched him on highlights and FM so don't know how good he'll become for you. Plus it's the dutch league anyway it's pretty hit and miss. For every suarez and seedorf you also get an emanuelson and a kezman.

Tbh they do well with FM stats but I didn't use that as a reason to judge his ability. It was a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Too many people take FM too seriously. They reckon been able to guide crewe to PL makes some footballing god.
    Yeah. I guess it's better than using fifa. Anyone who uses fifa stats should not even have an opinion on football. How varane is 60 for pace in that game...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah. I guess it's better than using fifa. Anyone who uses fifa stats should not even have an opinion on football. How varane is 60 for pace in that game...
    Don't worry, he'll be the next ridiculous defender on the next game. FIFA always massively overrates or underrates the best youngsters. He'll probably be something like 81 with 90ish Acc/Pace/Strength tbh.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.