Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SupernovaNebula)
    They look more like Kamrans and Faisal to me.
    Maybe, maybe. Still think there might be a Mohammed in there.

Big shout for Ahmed, although that's a bit passé these days.

ReputationRep:
    The brown guy looks Saudi but possibly Indian/Pakistani/Malaysian as well, whereas the white guy is my typical next-door arab friend (In terms of appearence of course!) and I think based on these pictures he's Saudi as well.
    I'm arab myself and I've been To Iraq, Iran (Not arab but still), Syria, Lebanon, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan; so many countries in the middle east.

I can assure that they're certainly not Persian! They look a bit different.

I hope I'm wrong however! (Islamophobia is already big as it is!, and it badly affects guys like me :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-James)
    So you're left wing , but agree with EDL/BNP style views?
    What are you blathering on about? I believe in secular humanism and Western democracy, and vigorously oppose beardy sky man adherents who go around bombing people, chopping off heads and generally killing anyone who looks a bit gay.

Nice to see you're so enamoured with theocratic fascists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    What are you blathering on about? I believe in secular humanism and Western democracy, and vigorously oppose beardy sky man adherents who go around bombing people, chopping off heads and generally killing anyone who looks a bit gay.

Nice to see you're so enamoured with theocratic fascists.
    Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American .
    Sincerely doubt it from the pictures, unless he had an inferiority complex and turned coloured overnight, before doing it. Either way, he is as Islamic as you can get from the pictures and you can see how the media has already pretty much leaked info to the public and it has caused an outcry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22191030

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id...athon-suspects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It's not fair for an entire set of people to be treated negatively as a result of this thing. Americans are far too emotional.
    How can you call losing limbs at a charity based marathon emotional, those people were there to help others. You don't see many marathons in Islamic countries do you? Look at the benefits of those running in that marathon were trying to share with the less fortunate. I hope Obama invokes some sort of retribution....

ReputationRep:
    Meh, Americans and westerners in general seem to think their lives are more valuable than those they blow up and maim on a weekly basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    Meh, Americans and westerners in general seem to think their lives are more valuable than those they blow up and maim on a weekly basis.
    Survival of the fittest....either way....there will be retaliation and there isn't anything wrong with it. I hope they retaliate 10 fold, its incredibly sad to watch some of the news broadcasts over the past few days.

"We're Bostonians - we mourn with the city" - Imam William Webb. I don't know what he has been smoking, but he's just making sure he doesn't get his head kicked in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    Survival of the fittest....either way....there will be retaliation and there isn't anything wrong with it. I hope they retaliate 10 fold, its incredibly sad to watch some of the news broadcasts over the past few days.

"We're Bostonians - we mourn with the city" - Imam William Webb. I don't know what he has been smoking, but he's just making sure he doesn't get his head kicked in.
    Well there lies the difference between me and you. You're evidently a manical sociopath that enjoys the deaths of Muslims and actually salivate at the prospect of them being bombed "ten fold" and then say "its incredibly sad to watch some of the news broadcasts over the past few days"

you must be a retard.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, Americans and westerners in general seem to think their lives are more valuable
    Isn't the point that they're more valuable to us? That is, being of and from our culture and from the same country/s? Or are you not one of us?

than those they blow up and maim on a weekly basis.
    They still haven't seemed to have figured out that a pound of American or European flesh will translate to a ton of their own.

It seems the United States and Europe is teaching them in quite a simple, Pavlovian manner. "If you hurt us, we hurt you more". These third world people seem to be slow learners

ReputationRep:
    Well there lies the difference between me and you. You're evidently a manical sociopath that enjoys the deaths of Muslims
    What you accuse Sloane of, sociopathy, is I suspect something you yourself suffer. You can rationalise any atrocity, any outrage, any crime, as long as it's against Westerners.

You hypocrite

(It is particularly ironic because one of the people killed in the bombing was a Chinese citizen, just minding her own business and partaking in the fruit of western civilisation. But I suppose anyone is fair game for you if they're consorting with the great satan.... right?

We know that deep down, what you're really saying is "America deserved this")

ReputationRep:
    Wrong, and its still terrible logic even it were true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Shooting/shootout at MIT. Unconfirmed as to whether the shooter is connected to the bombing.

Apparently explosives have been used, be that IED or grenade :iiam:
    I think they might have the guy.
    ...Naked.

One horrific event every day this week in America. Still no suggestion of an actual link from the media. I'm not really sure what to think myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just come across this

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/325146478572105728

Seems like whatever is going on right now , they are using the same type of explosive device that was used at the marathon on monday in Boston.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...dead-watertown

Crazy.

The guy in the video doesn't look very muslim if you ask me...

ReputationRep:
    Based on the name (Tripathi), then he's Hindu.

Although I feel this has little to do with religion

ReputationRep:
    Suspect 2 is the guy left on the run. He is called Sunil Tripathi. He has chronic untreated depression, and has been missing since March.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.a...81474981864024

ReputationRep:
    So confusing, so there is 1 guy dead, 1 guy on the loose, and 1 guy who was arrested naked, and no one knows which if any are connected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    So confusing, so there is 1 guy dead, 1 guy on the loose, and 1 guy who was arrested naked, and no one knows which if any are connected.
    There is one suspect on the loose from today's events and they think it is the same guy who is suspected in the Boston bombings, based on his white cap I think.

The first suspect in both the bombings and the shooting has been shot dead by the FBI, at the expense of one officer (maybe two).

I'm not quite sure what the nature of the shooting was today. Whether it was while catching them as a suspect of the Marathon bombings or whether it was coincidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    They've just confirmed they're all linked.

One bombing suspect still on the run.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.