Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dc251)
    Is anyone in the south coast partnership? I'm on the Isle of Wight and just been shortlisted for the assessment centre. Anyone know where the centre is and what happens at the assessment centre? X
    Hi,
    Well done, I'm in Hampshire and have just been shortlisted for the assessment centre. I'm also interested in if anyone knows where the assessment centres are and any info on what to expect will be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pondy)
    Hi,
    Well done, I'm in Hampshire and have just been shortlisted for the assessment centre. I'm also interested in if anyone knows where the assessment centres are and any info on what to expect will be appreciated.
    Congrats I've been told by my local authority that the assessment centre is at the university of Winchester but have no information about the day yet xx

ReputationRep:
    That would be good, I studied at Winchester for 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pondy)
    That would be good, I studied at Winchester for 3 years.

That's really handy for you, could I ask if there's parking at the uni? Or a park and ride? I've never been there before and it's a little bit frustrating that it's not at Southampton or Portsmouth for those of us on the island, it's going to be early and long travelling lol apparently for the course we will go to the uni one day a week xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dc251)
    That's really handy for you, could I ask if there's parking at the uni? Or a park and ride? I've never been there before and it's a little bit frustrating that it's not at Southampton or Portsmouth for those of us on the island, it's going to be early and long travelling lol apparently for the course we will go to the uni one day a week xx
    Winchester has a great park n ride to the uni from junction 10. It also has a car park,it fills up early though, and you can pay this by setting up a mobile phone payment. I'm not aware of where we're going to study from, havn't been given any info yet? x

ReputationRep:
    I was told by my local authority Winchester uni is the uni we will be studying at and he thinks its set to be every Friday. But he said it will be one day a week at Winchester uni throughout the course. That's fab about the parking thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    😧 yesterday when I logged into my account where we apply, it said congratulations and similar to the email about getting accepted to the assessment centre. I logged in today, just now, and it now says 'application under review' 😕😕😕 xx

ReputationRep:
    Cohort 4 ( 2015)
    Hi, I have just been shortlisted for the next stage of the application , which is the interview and assessment .pls can you give me examples of what to expect on the assessment day.
    Thanks.x

ReputationRep:
    I have been invited to the assessment day for Cohort 4 starting in Jan 2015 so am assuming assessment days are in July. Any advice or tips for the assessment day- feel like I am shooting in the dark and haven't a clue what to expect. Course looks challenging, intense and amazing and so so so want to get a place! ANy tips, advice or anything would be grealty appreciated. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dc251)
    😧 yesterday when I logged into my account where we apply, it said congratulations and similar to the email about getting accepted to the assessment centre. I logged in today, just now, and it now says 'application under review' 😕😕😕 xx
    I wouldn't worry about logging in, they will email us the date/details for the assessment day soon & try not to read too much into any other threads as all the regions/areas appear to be doing it differently. (I'm a mature student just finished Uni last year & worked for children's services for 21 yrs, so if I can help with anything just let me know)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strwbrrybttrfly2)
    I have been invited to the assessment day for Cohort 4 starting in Jan 2015 so am assuming assessment days are in July. Any advice or tips for the assessment day- feel like I am shooting in the dark and haven't a clue what to expect. Course looks challenging, intense and amazing and so so so want to get a place! ANy tips, advice or anything would be grealty appreciated. x
    Hi , Well Done for getting through. The assessment centre days depend on what region you have applied for? There has been alot of threads informing us of all the dates. I'm South Coast Partnership and am from Hampshire and our days are at Winchester Uni from 23rd - 26th June inclusive, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Pondy well done to you too. I am West London Alliance. Got an email my date is 7th of July ours were pre-booked we couldn't choose I am thinking because London is so big. I am panicking as awaiting GCSE certificates which are due on the 10th of July-have everything crossed at the moment that they come before or they let me bring them in after. Oh my the emotional roller-coaster!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/777367365716483

I have created a Facebook group for anyone who has applied for this years cohort to share information and ideas, thought it was easier than this group because then we can reply to direct comments and keep track of seperate conversations x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have recently finished cohort 3. We were asked to bring all our certificates to the assessment day. They were strict about proof so it might be a good idea to get some evidence from where you took the exams, a letter or something, just in case. You might not be able to continue with the process otherwise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldiloxx)
    Hi, I have recently finished cohort 3. We were asked to bring all our certificates to the assessment day. They were strict about proof so it might be a good idea to get some evidence from where you took the exams, a letter or something, just in case. You might not be able to continue with the process otherwise
    Ah that's very helpful thank you! Also the website says will be paid £19833 for the course, can I ask how you were paid that, how much you got every month so I can work out if it covers childcare etc please and how many days you attended uni a week/month? Also finally can I ask, on the days you had uni, during the holidays and half terms do you get those uni days off or did you have to do a days work instead? Xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi DC251,This may not help as I was part of cohort 2 and ours was 18 months as opposed to 14 months and we got paid (£22,500 tax-free for the 18 months which in reality was actually 17)We got paid £5,000 every four months and then the remaining £2,500 two weeks after our last instalment.

I was part of the Greater Manchester Partnership although I do know that two other partnerships also paid students like GMP paid us.It may be different now as you do 14 months now, however when I was doing it. We generally had 2/3 days at uni per week, the other days were self-directed study days, where the onus was on us to use as reading relevant material. Whilst on placement we did four days per week on placement with the outstanding day either at uni or doing self-directed studying.

We got 2 weeks over xmas off however were on placement during easter so just got the three stat days off then.Hope this helps, but please do bear in mind that it may be somewhat different since when I did it.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dc251)
    Ah that's very helpful thank you! Also the website says will be paid £19833 for the course, can I ask how you were paid that, how much you got every month so I can work out if it covers childcare etc please and how many days you attended uni a week/month? Also finally can I ask, on the days you had uni, during the holidays and half terms do you get those uni days off or did you have to do a days work instead? Xx
    Hi, we were paid £19, 830 - 5 payments of just under £4,000 spread over the year. Some also qualified for travel expenses, depending on their location in relation to uni/placement. We attended uni from January til the end of March then started first placement, with 1 or 2 uni days some weeks. Second placement was from August til the end of February, again with 1-2 days at uni some weeks. We had roughly 2 weeks break during summer, plus independent study days spread across the course, including over Xmas period. It is pretty much full time, so we didn't have time off over half term. We were given a timetable with all the dates on at the start of the course. You have to complete all of the placement days to pass the course. We now have a Pg dip social work and have the choice to complete a dissertation by January next year to be awarded a Masters qualification, not sure whether they are doing this for the next cohort. Hope this makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldiloxx)
    Hi, we were paid £19, 830 - 5 payments of just under £4,000 spread over the year. Some also qualified for travel expenses, depending on their location in relation to uni/placement. We attended uni from January til the end of March then started first placement, with 1 or 2 uni days some weeks. Second placement was from August til the end of February, again with 1-2 days at uni some weeks. We had roughly 2 weeks break during summer, plus independent study days spread across the course, including over Xmas period. It is pretty much full time, so we didn't have time off over half term. We were given a timetable with all the dates on at the start of the course. You have to complete all of the placement days to pass the course. We now have a Pg dip social work and have the choice to complete a dissertation by January next year to be awarded a Masters qualification, not sure whether they are doing this for the next cohort. Hope this makes sense
    Thank you that clears up a lot of my queries! Thank you so much for that information. Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dc251)
    Thank you that clears up a lot of my queries! Thank you so much for that information. Xx
    That's ok, but I was with Herts/Beds so it may be different elsewhere. Another thing is that they review what worked or didn't work after each cohort so they might make some changes

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sanbam;42896302]Hi I'm currently with the Greater Manchester Regional Partnership. There's fifteen of us all together, 4 with Salford Council, 4 with Manchester Council, 2 with Bury Council, 2 with Stockport Council and 3 with Bolton Council. The Local Authority that I am based with is Bolton. Although there are a lot more councils and authrorities taking part in the programme then when I applied in 2011, so hopfully that bodes well in terms of places available for the 2014 programme. I won't lie it's been truely demanding, but with the last 7 weeks to go I have to say it's been worth it. I'm currenetly on placement with a front line Child Protection Team with five weeks to go and the experience, skills and knowledge that the programme has allowed me to develop has been second to none.

Hi. I have recently been invited to the assessment day for the greater manchester area, I am wondering if you can share any info from your assessment centre? Many thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.