Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coral Reafs)
    york give out straight offers if u agree to a post-offer visit day?

I only ask cos I'm post A-level and achieved A*AAabc which exceeds their maximum of AAA.

what kind of academic profile u got if u dnt mind me askin??

Spoiler:
    Show
    Btw very well done on the offers so far

ah i don't really know how they do it, sorry! i know a fair few people who had the offer before the visit day, and a few who didn't get the offer til after

I don't mind at all haha, 14A*s at GCSE, 5As at AS, predicted 4A*s at A2

aw thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kmonster)
    ah i don't really know how they do it, sorry! i know a fair few people who had the offer before the visit day, and a few who didn't get the offer til after

I don't mind at all haha, 14A*s at GCSE, 5As at AS, predicted 4A*s at A2

aw thank you!
    l000ll now I can see why they gave you a straight offer. :eek:

With an application like that I'm surprised you didn't get an unconditional+Scholarship.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Your Academic profile is impeccable!!:congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    I've got interviews at Bristol, Imperial, and Oxford, and an offer from Warwick. When's your Bristol one? I'm sure you'll get in, they give out a lot of offers.
    Nice! 6th Feb I believe, was the earliest I could get. Yeah, I'm not too worried about it, and I don't have my heart set on Bristol or anything like that anyway. When's yours?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have applied to bristol, reading, bath, b'gham and hull. I have 2 offers (reading and hull) and 2 interviews (bristol and b'gham)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who has been to a chemistry interview at Bristol, could you PM me to say how it was and what questions ect, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethery)
    Nice! 6th Feb I believe, was the earliest I could get. Yeah, I'm not too worried about it, and I don't have my heart set on Bristol or anything like that anyway. When's yours?
    My Bristol one is 5th December, will be good practice for my Oxford one the week after. Not sure what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Chemistry with OCR A here?
    Could you do me a massive favour; I'm away from home so don't have my text book but need to do some work. Could someone please take pictures of pages 182 - 184 (Redox, Cells and half cells) and email them to me?
    I would really appreciate it, thanks in advance!
    EDIT: I will give rep! (Tomorrow, as I've ran out now)

ReputationRep:
    anyone who was at the interviews on the 12th and 19th Nov for UCL, have you received any UCAS updates?

ReputationRep:
    anyone who was at the interviews on the 12th and 19th Nov for UCL, have you received any UCAS updates?
    No, I got a letter saying I had an offer... but still nothing on ucas... I really want to know the grades

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Applying for chem in 2014
    Got an offer from imperial asking for A*A*A and I also have to take the IELTS cos I got a C in eng gcse
    Anyone have the same kind of offer or have anyone done the IELTS for their application to a uni recently :confused::cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dguy95)
    Hi
    Got an offer from imperial asking for A*A*A and I also have to take the IELTS cos I got a C in eng gcse
    Anyone have the same kind of offer or have anyone done the IELTS for their application to a uni recently :confused::cool:
    have imperial changed their offer range from A*AA-AAA to A*A*A now?? :eek:

how have u got an A*A*A offer? what subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    have imperial changed their offer range from A*AA-AAA to A*A*A now?? :eek:

how have u got an A*A*A offer? what subjects are you doing?
    I finished maths last year got A* (one year / fast track)
    Physics (AS) A chemistry (AS) B
    And starting further maths this year

ReputationRep:

I finished maths last year got A* (one year / fast track)
    Physics (AS) A chemistry (AS) B
    And starting further maths this year
    what are you predicted?

I think it's quite harsh to give you a double A* offer when you have all relevant subjects tbh.

does the A* include chemistry by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Christ, that's high.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering is nobody considering the likes of Southampton, Sussex, Warwick etc? From the likes of this thread most of the country wants to go to UCL, Imperial or Oxford :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thisisthened)
    Just wondering is nobody considering the likes of Southampton, Sussex, Warwick etc? From the likes of this thread most of the country wants to go to UCL, Imperial or Oxford :lol:
    l0l nope. most people on here are ridiculously high fliers who have like 3A* predicted, and an endless string of A*s at GCSE

some people have had offers from Warwick here I think.

Popular unis here are Ox, ICL,Bristol, Durham, York, UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thisisthened)
    I applied to Warwick but I already got an offer so not worrying about that anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roarmaster)
    X
    So how did you find your Imperial interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm applying for chemistry at oxford any tips for the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mak1234)
    Hi i'm applying for chemistry at oxford any tips for the interview?
    Beast it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.