Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone with interviews!!!! Any of you guys non-EU students? Us internationals are dying here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Congratulations. When did you apply? I sent off mine on the fourteenth, and haven't got an interview despite my stats being similar to yours.

PS isn't too bad.
    Thank you! I sent mine off on 14th October too!
    Hang in there, the wait is horrible and long but it's so worth it when you get an interview!
    Have you checked your portal recently - I don't think King's send emails?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yolo_kevin)
    I did Spanish too! In fact we did the exact a-levels! I'm not sure why I find this so exciting ¡hola! Congratulations on your interview, hope it goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Muchas gracias! I do too, probably because no one in my year at sixth form did sciences with a language!
    Have you applied to King's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    Thank you! I sent mine off on 14th October too!
    Hang in there, the wait is horrible and long but it's so worth it when you get an interview!
    Have you checked your portal recently - I don't think King's send emails?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I have, there's nothing on the portal

To be fair, your distinction maybe made your total could as 10 A*s? I have 8.5 A* and 800 on the UKCAT, so maybe that puts me below you in their ranking system.

Hopefully I hear something soon.

ReputationRep:
    Muchas gracias! I do too, probably because no one in my year at sixth form did sciences with a language!
    Have you applied to King's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    De Nada there were a couple otherwiss at my school but they dropped it at as. I have indeed, I've got an interview on December 4th Where else have you applied? Are you a reapplicant too then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview !!! :d

ReputationRep:
    When did u receive it? And did u get an email? Stats if u dont mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Did you get an email first or check straight on portal?
    No email - if you go on portal there's a big paragraph at the top of the front page and an "interview" tab on the left panel

ReputationRep:
    There was no email. I just logged into the myapplication page and the interview invitation was there.

UKCAT:
    VR-670
    QR-900
    AR-890
    DA-790

A-levels (gap year applicant): A*AAA (physics, chemistry, biology and maths)
    GCSE: 5A*s 7A's 1B

ReputationRep:
    I just read all of the posts on here, got really excited that I might have an interview, checked 'myapplication' and... nothing!

However, on the 'Description of Admissions Process' section it says:

"For medicine interviews take place between November and March, we interview around 1000 applicants so if you are not invited right away it does not mean that you will be unsuccessful"

so, as disappointing as it is, I haven't lost hope yet!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmmalou)
    I just read all of the posts on here, got really excited that I might have an interview, checked 'myapplication' and... nothing!

However, on the 'Description of Admissions Process' section it says:

"For medicine interviews take place between November and March, we interview around 1000 applicants so if you are not invited right away it does not mean that you will be unsuccessful"

so, as disappointing as it is, I haven't lost hope yet!!
    Dw, not just you i think they're basically starting with highest GCSE's and people who are applying after a gap year. Soon it'll be our turn just don't lose hope

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea what order they're giving out interviews? I only have 9A*s so i thought maybe it was highest GCSEs first but people with less/the same have started getting interviews I know i should be patient but as re-applicant its hard not to worry! any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    Does anyone have any idea what order they're giving out interviews? I only have 9A*s so i thought maybe it was highest GCSEs first but people with less/the same have started getting interviews I know i should be patient but as re-applicant its hard not to worry! any ideas?
    All I can tell is it's people with high UKCAT scores ad lots of A*s at GCSE...
    I know what you mean, I'm a re applicant too and all this talk of interviews without any news myself is agonising

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any grads applying to A100 with interview invites?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picnmix)
    All I can tell is it's people with high UKCAT scores ad lots of A*s at GCSE...
    I know what you mean, I'm a re applicant too and all this talk of interviews without any news myself is agonising

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It really is can i ask what your GCSEs/ UKCAT score are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yolo_kevin)
    De Nada there were a couple otherwiss at my school but they dropped it at as. I have indeed, I've got an interview on December 4th Where else have you applied? Are you a reapplicant too then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah congratulations
    I've applied to Southampton, Hull York, St George's (and King's)
    I've only heard back from King's though!
    Where have you applied?
    Yessss I am a reapplicant *high fives*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAT330)
    Any grads applying to A100 with interview invites?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, heard nothing yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have, there's nothing on the portal

To be fair, your distinction maybe made your total could as 10 A*s? I have 8.5 A* and 800 on the UKCAT, so maybe that puts me below you in their ranking system.

Hopefully I hear something soon.
    They still must have hundreds of interview dates to give out - they interview until March/April - so you'll probably get one in the weeks to come!
    Maybe! I've heard lots of rumours about how they score our applications but King's are yet to tell us exactly how they do it! Who knows! But your stats are impressive so you should get an interview soon, best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kcl2009)
    Yep, heard nothing yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing here yet.

Just logged onto Kings portal and have a message saying that the MMIs will be held on 6-7 Jan next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah congratulations
    I've applied to Southampton, Hull York, St George's (and King's)
    I've only heard back from King's though!
    Where have you applied?
    Yessss I am a reapplicant *high fives*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay for reapplicants! Are you doing anything exciting this year? Ahh cool...lol hull is apparently the uk city of culture. I applied to Newcastle, Durham and Birmingham as well Got to say I'm not looking forward to the essay thing kings are making us do before the interview 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.