Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    How's big Richard Keogh holding up these days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very good. Started the season slowly and a lot of fans were calling for him to be dropped but, as soon as Mclaren came in, him and Jake Buxton at centre back have been outstanding. 6 clean sheets in the last 8 games speaks for itself really.

Seems like a nice guy as well. I always like listening to his interviews as well because you're guaranteed to hear a million cheesy football cliches too :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Very good. Started the season slowly and a lot of fans were calling for him to be dropped but, as soon as Mclaren came in, him and Jake Buxton at centre back have been outstanding. 6 clean sheets in the last 8 games speaks for itself really.

Seems like a nice guy as well. I always like listening to his interviews as well because you're guaranteed to hear a million cheesy football cliches too :lol:
    Good stuff, and I agree, a decent bloke who's done well for himself at Derby. So frustrating to see so many of the players we've let go, even relatively recently, who've become solid Championship and PL players.

ReputationRep:
    Has Zola ever been successful as a manager? Good player and a decent chap but doesn't really seem up to management from his previous experience. I can see why Forest sacked Billy Davies, sort of - I'd imagine that all the teams above them barring QPR have smaller budgets. I like Warnock because of his Plymouth connection but I think he's a bit outdated as a manager: the best unattached manager I can think of is Chris Powell but with the limited options at this stage I'd have kept Davies, a lot of injuries for Forest in this bad run too.

Big derby for us at home to Exeter tomorrow evening. We're expected to win so I'm bricking it even more

ReputationRep:
    I thought Warnock retired from football management after Leeds?

Bournemouth tomorrow, who are actually above us in the table :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAFCStan)
    Has Zola ever been successful as a manager? Good player and a decent chap but doesn't really seem up to management from his previous experience. I can see why Forest sacked Billy Davies, sort of - I'd imagine that all the teams above them barring QPR have smaller budgets. I like Warnock because of his Plymouth connection but I think he's a bit outdated as a manager: the best unattached manager I can think of is Chris Powell but with the limited options at this stage I'd have kept Davies, a lot of injuries for Forest in this bad run too.

Big derby for us at home to Exeter tomorrow evening. We're expected to win so I'm bricking it even more
    His work at Watford in the first season was nothing short of phenomenal in my opinion, with so many different players it was hard to make them gel in with the Championship as quick as he did, so to finish where we did was great, messing up promotion twice. Second season, was a mixture of his inability to play with more than one style and also a poor Director Of Football, the same DoF he had at West Ham. Should he steer clear of Gianluca 'Sign Everyone' Nani's transfers, he will stand a better chance. Nani is the Emile Heskey of Directors of Football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done Leeds, 2-0 down after 20 minutes. :grumble:

Edit: 3-0 after 30 minutes. What the **** is going on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    Well done Leeds, 2-0 down after 20 minutes. :grumble:

Edit: 3-0 after 30 minutes. What the **** is going on?
    Yeovil beating the King Prawns away too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And Super Leeds are ****.

I can't even enjoy Man Utd or Leice$ter getting beat because those overpaid clowns in white ruin it.

And Leicester get a last minute equaliser. What a **** night.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Kasper :love:

Really poor tbh - absolutely dominated (near 70% possession and 29 shots) but we need to be far more clinical. A last minute header from the keeper should not be needed when the match is that imbalanced.

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere out there, an Arab mafia is making millions betting on Watford to concede in injury time each week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Urgh that was pathetic. When Mark Warburton loses, he really loses. Glad I didn't book a last minute train to Rotherham though. I very nearly did early this afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Urgh that was pathetic. When Mark Warburton loses, he really loses. Glad I didn't book a last minute train to Rotherham though. I very nearly did early this afternoon.
    Suppose playing a team that defends like clowns on holiday wasn't the best preparation.

ReputationRep:
    Also, if there are any AFC Wimbledon fans browsing, your fans did your club an enormous credit tonight. At 35 minutes of their game at Northampton, all the Dons fans held up signs saying 'Fix Football' and started singing 'back to the Ricoh, they want to go home'.

Proof that others in the football community give a ****. Top bunch, the lot of them.

ReputationRep:
    Also, if there are any AFC Wimbledon fans browsing, your fans did your club an enormous credit tonight. At 35 minutes of their game at Northampton, all the Dons fans held up signs saying 'Fix Football' and started singing 'back to the Ricoh, they want to go home'.

Proof that others in the football community give a ****. Top bunch, the lot of them.
    Ironic that when clubs come together to help each other like this, the common enemy is the FA/FL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Ironic that when clubs come together to help each other like this, the common enemy is the FA/FL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The FL's motto is 'Real football, real fans', which is frankly, 'real bull****'. They allowed my club to be turned into a pathetic shell of its former self by condoning this groundshare and have the audacity to claim to represent fans' interests.

The FA last week released a statement in which they deferred all responsibility to the FL and refused to get involved. Both parties stood by when they helped get rid of Wimbledon, and they're doing it again now. Tomorrow we face Stevenage in front of another crowd estimated to be less than 1,500.

As the AFC fans rightly asked, who is going to fix English football?

ReputationRep:
    The FL's motto is 'Real football, real fans', which is frankly, 'real bull****'. They allowed my club to be turned into a pathetic shell of its former self by condoning this groundshare and have the audacity to claim to represent fans' interests.

The FA last week released a statement in which they deferred all responsibility to the FL and refused to get involved. Both parties stood by when they helped get rid of Wimbledon, and they're doing it again now. Tomorrow we face Stevenage in front of another crowd estimated to be less than 1,500.

As the AFC fans rightly asked, who is going to fix English football?
    Unfortunately, the FA's top priority currently is attempting to get a good England team going, which ironically would do at least a bit better if every club functioned properly. Attempting to win the WC will never happen for the FA, they bark on about how good the next generation is, an example is Luke Shaw, he will properly be good in 4 years, yes, but your Neymars, Ronaldos and Messis are still going to tear him a new one in 4 years. The World Cup won't be challengable for 20 years at the least, so it's about time they went back and got every club, like Coventry, able to work correctly. England will never be great at football again if clubs lower down the leagues don't have the money/resources to create the youngsters. United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc won't create the entire England squad I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Unfortunately, the FA's top priority currently is attempting to get a good England team going, which ironically would do at least a bit better if every club functioned properly. Attempting to win the WC will never happen for the FA, they bark on about how good the next generation is, an example is Luke Shaw, he will properly be good in 4 years, yes, but your Neymars, Ronaldos and Messis are still going to tear him a new one in 4 years. The World Cup won't be challengable for 20 years at the least, so it's about time they went back and got every club, like Coventry, able to work correctly. England will never be great at football again if clubs lower down the leagues don't have the money/resources to create the youngsters. United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc won't create the entire England squad I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The national team is an utter joke though. The very best players see playing for England as an inconvenience and the glory hunters attached to their clubs tend to agree. This leaves people like me supporting a **** domestic team and a half arsed national side.

But the matter is more fundamental than this. The FA is supposed to cater for the interests of the English game at all levels. It has basically no remit in the top flight which has got a mind of its own, but in the Football League it still carries some weight. They allowed one club to be permanently relocated and now with another club suffering horrendously at the hands of a hedge fund, they again do nothing.

They are a disgrace to a nation which once held a proud place at football's top table.

ReputationRep:
    Fallen below Wednesday now...

1. Leicester 37 25 7 5 70:35 82
    2. Burnley 38 22 13 3 64:31 79
    3. QPR 38 20 9 9 47:32 69
    4. Derby 38 19 9 10 66:45 66
    5. Wigan 37 18 8 11 50:36 62
    6. Reading 38 16 11 11 59:45 59
    7. Nottingham 38 14 15 9 55:47 57
    8. Ipswich 38 15 12 11 50:43 57
    9. Brighton 37 15 11 11 39:31 56
    10. Bournemouth 38 14 10 14 49:53 52
    11. Blackburn 37 13 12 12 47:48 51
    12. Watford 37 12 13 12 56:46 49
    13. Sheffield Wed 38 12 12 14 47:43 48
    14. Leeds 37 13 8 16 51:56 47
    15. Middlesbrough 38 10 16 12 47:43 46
    16. Huddersfield 38 12 9 17 49:53 45
    17. Bolton 38 10 14 14 49:54 44
    18. Blackpool 38 10 11 17 32:53 41
    19. Birmingham 38 10 10 18 47:55 40
    20. Doncaster 38 10 10 18 33:56 40
    21. Charlton 35 8 11 16 26:44 35
    22. Yeovil 38 7 11 20 36:58 32
    23. Barnsley 37 7 11 19 34:64 32
    24. Millwall 38 7 11 20 35:67 32
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PAFCStan)
    Has Zola ever been successful as a manager? Good player and a decent chap but doesn't really seem up to management from his previous experience
    He didn't do badly in his first season at West Ham from what I remember. They even managed to finish above Manchester City who'd started to throw money around that season.

Can't believe how low Portsmouth are in League Two as well. 5 years ago they were the FA Cup holders and playing AC Milan in Europe, now they could be relegated to non league football. Shocking what's gone on at that football club.

ReputationRep:
    I guess from now on i've got lay off Leon 'Best' after he's popped a few in the net, still a poor option after Wickham and Fryatt though.

QFA
    Fancy snatching Rhys McCabe off Portsmouth via loan for us? You fixed Maguire for us.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.