The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caykon
Hope you've heard back by now. I had an interview for brookes oxford campus. Had an interview on the Friday and was offered a place on the Monday. I'm on a nursing to access course, so everyone is applying to study either nursing or midwifery. I know of 5 others so far interviewed at brookes and they all got offers within a couple of days.

fingers crossed and I hope you get your first choice.

Still haven't heard back!! I called on Friday and they said they were going to speak to the admissions team to make sure they have done what they need to to pass the result to UCAS but was also told that it can take up to two weeks (which would be this Tuesday) and so was told I may have to wait another few days for the result.

I am desperate to find out as don't want to go though the expense of another interview if I get an offer from OB!
Original post by Caykon
Hope you've heard back by now. I had an interview for brookes oxford campus. Had an interview on the Friday and was offered a place on the Monday. I'm on a nursing to access course, so everyone is applying to study either nursing or midwifery. I know of 5 others so far interviewed at brookes and they all got offers within a couple of days.

fingers crossed and I hope you get your first choice.

Can you ask your access course friends if anyone had an interview at the OB Swindon campus and how long they had to wait. Especially if they were interviews on 25th Nov same as me. X
Can anyone tell me how long a selection day lasts at UWE? I've been invited for interview at 9am and I know they have various parts to the process. Just wondered if anyone knew how long it would take?
Who else has had a letter from edge hill saying they may have to wait till april to get a decision from them? Big difference from the day working days they said at interview, i didnt think it went too well so suprised their still considering me
Reply 644
Original post by Twirlycurlygirl
Can you ask your access course friends if anyone had an interview at the OB Swindon campus and how long they had to wait. Especially if they were interviews on 25th Nov same as me. X

Everyone on my course is applying to oxford campus as we all live in and around the city, so have no specific info about Swindon. So far everyone I know that's had an interview has got a place there are 9 of us so far.
Reply 645
Original post by lucymjh
I had my interview there this week & it was so lovely & welcoming. As a group we had a case study to discuss (there were 3 or 4 groups so each table varied). We then had 10 minutes to write about what we thought we'd be doing as a student nurse. Then, the person who observes your group discussion will conduct your individual interview. Some interviews lasted longer than others, but it was very relaxed & informal. My interviewer had read through my 10-minute essay (less than 1 side) & picked up on a few areas of it. I was then asked to explain how I'd describe myself, was given a situation to discuss & was asked about my thoughts on a current issue.
Good luck! Just remain calm, it's very lovely there & all of the other candidates were very welcoming & friendly :smile:

Thanks so much for replying! This has helped me so much. Did they give you a current issue to talk about or did they ask you to pick one you had prepared?
Original post by Caykon
Everyone on my course is applying to oxford campus as we all live in and around the city, so have no specific info about Swindon. So far everyone I know that's had an interview has got a place there are 9 of us so far.

Ah ok fair enough. I'm hoping so much to hear by the two weeks guideline they gave us as I don't want to bug them for a response but I need to know their decision so I can make others plans!
Original post by JoeL1994
I sent my application off last Thursday and heard back two days ago, interview on the 16th :smile: They seem to be pretty quick replying, haven't heard back from any of my other choices

I have an interview on the 16th too! nervous already. Which branch are you aplying for?
Its been 12 days since I received my acknowledgement from Southampton for Adult branch! (Not that I'm counting!) No news just yet. Eeek.
Original post by BellaPembers
Its been 12 days since I received my acknowledgement from Southampton for Adult branch! (Not that I'm counting!) No news just yet. Eeek.

They took about 2 weeks to offer me an interview from when they received my application so don't panic! x
Reply 650
Hi all! I am new to this but I wanted to ask has anyone applied for mental health nursing in either of the following? South wales, UWE, Cardiff, BCU, swansea? They're my five choices. I've been given an offer from South Wales but wanted to know about the interviews for the rest of the universities as South Wales was only a 20 minute interview!!
Reply 651
Can anyone tell me how long a selection day lasts at UWE? I've been invited for interview at 9am and I know they have various parts to the process. Just wondered if anyone knew how long it would take?

When is your interview and for which branch? I have mine next monday at 9! I have heard that it lasts about half a day as there's the numeracy & literacy, then the group and the individual interview
Original post by smc123
When is your interview and for which branch? I have mine next monday at 9! I have heard that it lasts about half a day as there's the numeracy & literacy, then the group and the individual interview

Mine is 9am too for Adult nursing, but I've just had an offer from Oxford Brookes which is my first choice, so I've accepted their offer. :smile:

good do luck for your interview though, is it your first one? X
Original post by Caykon

Just heard from them! Got an offer! Yay!
i have applied at LSBU for Sept 2015. Still waiting for a response...
have also applied at Essex Uni, UEA and LSBU
Hey, I have applied for childrens nursing at demontfort, sheffield hallam, coventry, birmingham city and Liverpool John moores.
So far I have got two interviews, one at Liverpool next week and one in January at coventry!
Anyone similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gewoolgar
Hey, I have applied for childrens nursing at demontfort, sheffield hallam, coventry, birmingham city and Liverpool John moores.
So far I have got two interviews, one at Liverpool next week and one in January at coventry!
Anyone similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have one in Coventry in February for childrens nursing
Reply 658
Mine is 9am too for Adult nursing, but I've just had an offer from Oxford Brookes which is my first choice, so I've accepted their offer. :smile:

good do luck for your interview though, is it your first one? X

Awww thank you! That's amazing well done and no it'll be my third I've got one Friday for Swansea as well. It'll still ne as nerve wracking as my first though haha!! X
Ny1 for adult nursing at sheffield hallam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending