Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2015 Physics Applicants Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Physics course(s) are you going to apply for?
    Physics BSc
    26.85%
    Physics MSci
    49.54%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths BSc
    7.41%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths MSci
    15.74%
    Physics with Astrophysics BSc
    7.87%
    Physics with Astrophysics MSci
    12.50%
    Physics and Philosophy BSc
    1.39%
    Physics and Philosophy MSci
    4.17%

ReputationRep:
    Got all 5 offers through!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiecharc)
    Got all 5 offers through!!
    Congratulations! What unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spongelk)
    Congratulations! What unis?
    UCLan, Keele, Hull, Heriot-Watt, Swansea

ReputationRep:
    I recently got an offer from UCL AAB and then they invited me to a compulsory open day.. Thought this was a bit different so I was just wondering what to expect from the UCL interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone bricking it for Oxford on monday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumark)
    I recently got an offer from UCL AAB and then they invited me to a compulsory open day.. Thought this was a bit different so I was just wondering what to expect from the UCL interviews?
    I had mine the other day. It was really relaxed, and the interview is just a 20 minute chat. Lots of people who were on the same open day as me got asked to do calculations and whatnot, but mine was basically a conversation about sci-fi as I talked about it on my P.S. and my interviewer said he was a huge fan too. I guess it will just depend on the day what it will be like, but don't worry too much about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swinburne)
    110%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swinburne)
    More than for the pat!! Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from Birmingham yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen999)
    Anyone heard anything from Birmingham yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes! I got an offer from them on the 12th November and I sent my application off on the 23rd October. I went to the applicant day last tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snb1234)
    Yes! I got an offer from them on the 12th November and I sent my application off on the 23rd October. I went to the applicant day last tuesday.
    I sent mine off around then as well. I had an email saying that I would probably have to wait until after the deadline before they got back to me what did they offer you?? How was the applicant day? Think it's my favourite (if I get an offer!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off around then as well. I had an email saying that I would probably have to wait until after the deadline before they got back to me what did they offer you?? How was the applicant day? Think it's my favourite (if I get an offer!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got that email too but then I got an offer a week later so I wouldn't worry! The applicant day was really good, all the staff and students were really nice and so easy to talk to. I got A*AB in my A Levels (on a gap year) so their offer as just an A.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from York yet, I had an interview 1st of December and have to grades theyre asking for??

ReputationRep:
    I got that email too but then I got an offer a week later so I wouldn't worry! The applicant day was really good, all the staff and students were really nice and so easy to talk to. I got A*AB in my A Levels (on a gap year) so their offer as just an A.
    Okay 👍 Well done! Is it your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay 👍 Well done! Is it your top choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, I have an unconditional to study Theoretical Physics at UCL so that will be my top choice I think!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I have an unconditional to study Theoretical Physics at UCL so that will be my top choice I think!
    Wow! Well done, that's amazing!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did so awful at my Oxford interview, I could barely do anything, at least I have some other offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did so awful at my Oxford interview, I could barely do anything, at least I have some other offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw no! I'm sure you did better than you think how many other interviews have you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Almost everyone thinks Oxbridge interviews go badly. You don't know anything until you get a letter/email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    Aw no! I'm sure you did better than you think how many other interviews have you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by alow)
    Almost everyone thinks Oxbridge interviews go badly. You don't know anything until you get a letter/email.
    Thank you for the reassuring words! I just hope my next one will be a little less stressful :-) I have three in all, two from Corpus (next at 4:30) plus one tomorrow from Balliol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.