Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuitu56)
    That's what I was worried about when I was handing it over too, but the guy was really nice and said it doesn't make any difference

I'm a bit confused tbh as to why they need so many documents!
    when you consider how insecure their online interview booking system is, I'm quite surprised!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, don't know if this has already been answered so sorry if it has, but what does the letter/email confirming your work experience have to say? I have my interview next week and I'm asking people to write something to confirm I've done what I say I've done but I want to give them an idea of what they actually need to write!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aLittleBookWorm)
    Guys, don't know if this has already been answered so sorry if it has, but what does the letter/email confirming your work experience have to say? I have my interview next week and I'm asking people to write something to confirm I've done what I say I've done but I want to give them an idea of what they actually need to write!
    Basically, ur work experiences have already reflected in ur PS. The letters from whoever u worked just need to confirm that u actually worked here. Make sure u r not bs in ur PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Basically, ur work experiences have already reflected in ur PS. The letters from whoever u worked just need to confirm that u actually worked here. Make sure u r not bs in ur PS.
    Okay, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    orchard hotel full...wherelse is convenient for QMC?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me where it states that you need a signed passport photo, it's not on the ticket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmfunk)
    Can someone please tell me where it states that you need a signed passport photo, it's not on the ticket
    It's on the document with the checklist grid for your personal documents that you need to print off and take to the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any tips for the interview? Mine is in a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suchika.garg)
    any tips for the interview? Mine is in a week
    It's honestly not as bad as I was expecting - just stay calm but confident. Listen to what the interviewer is saying because their questions will be meant to help you Good luck!
    Oh and make sure to arrive in plenty of time as some people turned up over half an hour late, which obviously didn't look good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422746238.861257.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  19.8 KB

Found this on their website- does this mean ranking after interview is based entirely on interview?! It does imply that, but just wanted someone else's opinion!

I know it's probably really obvious, but interview did not go well, and I want some hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luce')
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422746238.861257.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  19.8 KB

Found this on their website- does this mean ranking after interview is based entirely on interview?! It does imply that, but just wanted someone else's opinion!

I know it's probably really obvious, but interview did not go well, and I want some hope
    I'm afraid they do actually use interview as the only criteria (and UKCAT in few cases) . However, to cheer you up I thought that my interview went so badly I actually applied to other countries to do medicine and then got early offer

ReputationRep:
    Just waiting on notts now got interviews at Liverpool and leicester but nottingham is my first choice, so fingers crossed! Hope I'm in with a chance (got score of 44 :/) what are the standards like this year for ukcat? I got a score of 2640 but not sure if that's enough, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    I'm afraid they do actually use interview as the only criteria (and UKCAT in few cases) . However, to cheer you up I thought that my interview went so badly I actually applied to other countries to do medicine and then got early offer
    Thanks for your reply!
    It's kind of you to be encouraging, however interview is by far my weakest point

Do you know if they give out offers and rejections at the same time? I.e. most given out mid-April with some early ones, or do they send out rejections earlier? I'm ridiculously impatient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luce')
    Thanks for your reply!
    It's kind of you to be encouraging, however interview is by far my weakest point

Do you know if they give out offers and rejections at the same time? I.e. most given out mid-April with some early ones, or do they send out rejections earlier? I'm ridiculously impatient
    It was interesting actually! Had my interview yesterday and they said they would give some responses in February and some in April... It kind of made me think that they may give some of the decisions out for this first group soon then people in the middle with the rest. It didn't really make sense because their applications procedure said that they would basically wait until the end and rank everyone then choose the top 400.

I am fine waiting though, hopefully it will be good news though!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luce')
    Thanks for your reply!

Well last year they sent early offers end of March. Then on each Monday on April (and I think Tuesday too) they were sending offers. Rejections came last

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    Well last year they sent early offers end of March. Then on each Monday on April (and I think Tuesday too) they were sending offers. Rejections came last
    Oh okay! Thanks for letting us know My birthday is in the second week of April so it would be amazing to have good news! We'll have to wait and see!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been away for a while! Hopefully the interview invitations have been coming thick and fast, and the first few rounds of interviews have gone well! How have people been finding the new format?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm a first year medical student at Notts and thought I'd drop a quick post on here.
    If you've got any questions about med schol/prep'ing for interviews feel free to ask

Haven't posted on here in ages but I've seen some of you's coming in for interview and it reminded me of the days I'd spend here eagerly trying to find hints/tips/clues etc

Good luck with applications!

ReputationRep:
    They said all interviews are given out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzah)
    They said all interviews are given out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do you know??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.