Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    you sure you want to go for it with 0 city players?
    The one concern I have really. I just don't know who to bring in and how. I like the front three of Rooney, Lukaku and Bony. I suppose I could change Bony to Dzeko happily enough. then possibly Mertesacker to Zabaleta. How do you think that would be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Attachment 309262

Latest team. Got an extra 0.5 in the bank.

Players taken out from last team are:

Speroni > De Gea
    Shaw > Mertesacker
    O'Shea > Ward
    RvP > Rooney
    Dzeko > Lukaku
    Not a bad team, but you have to look about the fact that you have no Liverpool or city players, and only a Chelsea defender.

Obviously players at top teams may or be as cheap, but they are the teams that will score more goals and "generally" have players who get more points

I would suggest making the defence a little cheaper to produce funds
    If you're struggling, maybe even change one of your strikers for a cheaper option?

ReputationRep:
    The one concern I have really. I just don't know who to bring in and how. I like the front three of Rooney, Lukaku and Bony. I suppose I could change Bony to Dzeko happily enough. then possibly Mertesacker to Zabaleta. How do you think that would be?
    I think Mertesacker, and the other German arsenals, are going to be back late due to WC. Might miss the opening game of the season.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Completely ripped up my team tonight and started fresh. Very pleased with the end result.

Begovic (Gilks)
    Luis Caulker Evans (Wisdom, Mariappa)
    Sanchez Silva Sigurdsson Mata (Marney)
    Rooney Austin Costa

(Original post by Prandtl)
    I think Mertesacker, and the other German arsenals, are going to be back late due to WC. Might miss the opening game of the season.
    Wenger has confirmed that they will not be playing. Tbh i'd be surprised if anyone from the World Cup semi finalists were fit enough to start on the opening day. RVP has already been ruled out and it's very unlikely Aguero will play.

ReputationRep:
    I personally am.only getting 1 player from.each time.
    And dnt think Mert will be playing firsr few gw i know.ozil isn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Completely ripped up my team tonight and started fresh. Very pleased with the end result.

Begovic (Gilks)
    Luis Caulker Evans (Wisdom, Mariappa)
    Sanchez Silva Sigurdsson Mata (Marney)
    Rooney Austin Costa

Wenger has confirmed that they will not be playing. Tbh i'd be surprised if anyone from the World Cup semi finalists were fit enough to start on the opening day. RVP has already been ruled out and it's very unlikely Aguero will play.
    Who's Austin?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Who's Austin?
    Charlie Austin, plays for QPR. Scored goals for fun no matter what level he's played at and he's had a good pre season.

I effectively have 4 strikers if Sanchez is ever played up top, which I can see happening. Wenger has talked about it already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Charlie Austin, plays for QPR. Scored goals for fun no matter what level he's played at and he's had a good pre season.

I effectively have 4 strikers if Sanchez is ever played up top, which I can see happening. Wenger has talked about it already.
    I'll keep an eye out

ReputationRep:
    Any suggestions?

De Gea - Krul
    F.Luis - Debuchy/B.Davies - Cameron - Mariappa - Collins/Ferdinand
    Mata - Eriksen/Lamela - De Jong/Sterling - Siggy/Shelvey - Albrighton/Tiote
    Rooney - Costa - Dzeko/Adebayor

Defenders will change if not playing regularly.

ReputationRep:
    Updated my team a bit, it now being:

GK: Howard, Myhill

DEF: Filipe Luis, Azpilicueta, Davies, Dawson, Shaw

MID: Rodwell, Sterling, Delph, Shelvey, Puncheon

ST: Sturridge, Costa, Rooney

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)

Any thoughts?
    Doubling up on Chelsea defenders? It's a risk you'll be ripping your hair out if they concede a late consolation goal in some of their wins. Depends on how Mou sets up but with so many creative players I just can't see him playing for the 1-0 wins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    Any suggestions?

De Gea - Krul
    F.Luis - Debuchy/B.Davies - Cameron - Mariappa - Collins/Ferdinand
    Mata - Eriksen/Lamela - De Jong/Sterling - Siggy/Shelvey - Albrighton/Tiote
    Rooney - Costa - Dzeko/Adebayor

Defenders will change if not playing regularly.
    Debuchy, Ferdinand, Eriksen, DeJong, Siggy, Tiote and Dzeko from the bolds.

I'd go for neither Eriksen/Lamela tbh and try to get Silva or Fab in. Think some of your 4.5 defenders are risks too (Collins and Cameron - maybe Mariappa). Would lean towards some more nailed options - O'Shea/Colo.

(Original post by King Hotpie)

Any thoughts?
    I like the strikers (currently on the same ) but think you're midfield suffers too much. I'd either drop one of your strikers to an 8.5 and/or trim your defence. Dawson's not nailed on I don't think and arguably neither are either of the Che defenders. I can't guess what Mou will start the season, although the safest one for GW1 would be Cahill imo. Also Howard's got rough fixtures to start but if you plan to keep him for the season then that's fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    Debuchy, Ferdinand, Eriksen, DeJong, Siggy, Tiote and Dzeko from the bolds.

I'd go for neither Eriksen/Lamela tbh and try to get Silva or Fab in. Think some of your 4.5 defenders are risks too (Collins and Cameron - maybe Mariappa). Would lean towards some more nailed options - O'Shea/Colo.

I like the strikers (currently on the same ) but think you're midfield suffers too much. I'd either drop one of your strikers to an 8.5 and/or trim your defence. Dawson's not nailed on I don't think and arguably neither are either of the Che defenders. I can't guess what Mou will start the season, although the safest one for GW1 would be Cahill imo. Also Howard's got rough fixtures to start but if you plan to keep him for the season then that's fair enough.
    Fair point with the midfield, I like them all though, I reckon most of them have a good chance of pulling off a good season. It is probably a bit of a risk though, so I've cut out Puncheon and replaced him with Fabregas, meaning Filipe Luis is out in place of Ward to reduce the amount of Chelsea players. Azpilicueta should be solid I think, he was a first team regular last season, and I'm reasonably confident with Dawson considering he's Tottenhams captain. See how GW1 goes and use my free transfer on him if he doesn't start. Rooney's been cut in favour of Giroud to raise funds for this, which is irritating because I think United will excell under Van Gaal (as much as I hate to admit that as a LFC fan), but I suppose it can't be helped.

(Original post by Saf94)
    Doubling up on Chelsea defenders? It's a risk you'll be ripping your hair out if they concede a late consolation goal in some of their wins. Depends on how Mou sets up but with so many creative players I just can't see him playing for the 1-0 wins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was a risk, but Chelsea had more clean sheets than any other team last season, so it seemed worthwhile to me. Now that you say that though, they have more firepower with Costa, so might play more attacking. Either way, it doesn't matter now considering I had to cut one of them to make way for Fabregas. Doubled up on Tottenham defenders as well, which seems an even bigger risk, but they had a surprising number of clean sheets themselves last season, as did Southampton, so with their new manager I'm hopeful it will go well.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf94)
    You'd imagine that if he plays more attacking football it would leave his defence a bit more exposed and liable to concede more than last season. Kinda like his Real Madrid side in 12/13 which scored a ton of goals, but didn't keep many clean sheets.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea defenders won my mates' leagues last season and got me to a respectable 7th in this. I had Terry throughout the season and captain on double game weeks, With Cahill and Cech at long periods.

I've only gone for Terry this season though,

ReputationRep:
    Finally semi-settled on a team. Any ideas where I can improve?

Begovic/ Myhill

Evans Debuchy Luis (Wisdom, Bruce)

Silva Sanchez Siggurdson Eriksen (Albrighton)

Sturridge Rooney Austin
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Couple of quick questions :

1. Why is everyone picking Siggurdson and Erikson, whats changed from last season to make them must have players ?
    2. Any thoughts on Odemwingie , he's priced as a midfielded at 6.5 although I always thought he was a striker ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)

1. Why is everyone picking Siggurdson and Erikson, whats changed from last season to make them must have players ?
    2. Any thoughts on Odemwingie , he's priced as a midfielded at 6.5 although I always thought he was a striker ?
    Sig has moved back to swansea where he was a success in his last spell ther and will be playing as a cam again. Eriksen was in a rich vein of form towards the back end of last season after Sherwood began to finally start him.

Odemwingie could be a shrewd move for the reason you have stated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Since Pocchetino is managing Tottenham the only players I'd choose from them are defenders due to his great defence last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)

When Siggy was at Swansea last time he was incredible, consistently getting decent points every week. At Spurs he has always shown that he is a good, reliable player and personally I don't think he was ever given a fair chance. He is a decent cheap option and he should be playing behind a lone strikers.
    From the second Sherwood came in Eriksen was a must have player because he was also a very consistent points scorer. He rarely got a massive haul but more often than not, he would get 5+ points. He isn't too expensive, Spurs have decent fixtures and if he is in a number 10 role then he should be rolling in points. ATM it looks like Lamela will be in the number 10 role and I bet after 1 week there will be a massive switch in ownership if so.
    Odemwingie has been a striker at previous clubs but he has always played out wide or behind the striker at Stoke, he is a good option if there are injuries up top but there are better options at the same price (like Siggy.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.