Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sellerofdreams)
    Guyyyysss can someone help me with question 43 2013? Has it been answered before? Are you all asleep? It's 7 am here

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is the answer that anonwinner posted when Q.43 was asked previously in this thread. It is correct.

The train leaves Teovil at 10:20 and should take 51 minutes to arrive at Erd, so it should arrive at 11:11. From the chart, you can see Teovil to Uble is 12km. The trains average a speed of 60km/h when they're not running late. Time = distance/speed so do 12/60 which is 0.2 then do 0.2x60 to convert it into minutes which is 12 minutes. Also, the train will have stopped at Gidion for 3 minutes, 12+3=15 minutes so far.

The train remains in Uble for 22 minutes. So we have 15+22=37 minutes so far. It is 24km from Uble to Erd. Because they are running late they will travel at 80km/h. 24/80=0.3, 0.3x60= 18minutes. So we now have 37+18=55 minutes.

The train will have stopped 3 times from Uble to Erd, at Ergen, Lowley, and Aregon. As they are running late, the train will only stop for 2 minutes rather than 3. So it will have stopped for 6 minutes. 55+6=61 minutes.

Now we can take the start time, 10:20, and add 61 minutes to it. This takes it to 11:21. They were supposed to arrive at 11:11, so they were 10 minutes late.

The answer is C, 10 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Great, can't sleep ::///

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so nervous! I'm going in 2 hours!

ReputationRep:
    Should I bring my TSA candidate number and UCAS number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurofune)
    Should I bring my TSA candidate number and UCAS number?
    I suppose we have to.

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck peeps

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Australia and just finished mine in the morning. I know many of you are still taking the exam but if you've finished and seen this post, how did you go? Do you think it is a relatively harder or easier year? (i think it had the same difficulty with last year's)
    And good luck with all your applications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luciiicaiii)
    I'm in Australia and just finished mine in the morning. I know many of you are still taking the exam but if you've finished and seen this post, how did you go? Do you think it is a relatively harder or easier year? (i think it had the same difficulty with last year's)
    And good luck with all your applications!
    I thought it was quite difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else also have the feeling that this test was overall more difficult than the average of the previous years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adriaan)
    Does anyone else also have the feeling that this test was overall more difficult than the average of the previous years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah definitely. Question 50 was piss-easy though, lol. What essay did you guys choose?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hey everyone, please don't discuss specific details of the exam until after 6pm tomorrow. People take them at different times. Thanks :yy:Announcement is here.

ReputationRep:
    Thought that was pretty average in terms of difficulty. Was a bit tight for time cos I wasted time early on due to a few nerves. Inevitably got some wrong but I'm happy enough. Just have to wait and see now

ReputationRep:
    I had to blindly guess like 10 LOOOO

ReputationRep:
    Thought that was reasonably difficult. Similar to last year.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't awful, I'd agree with similar to last year. Not sure how to feel really, the problem with these is you could just be unlucky and a few go the wrong way. Meh- how long do you reckon for the interview invitations?

ReputationRep:
    Thought that was one of the harder papers compared to the past. Pressed for time aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Thought this was harder than previous papers, but in reality it's probably just because of the added stress of exam conditions and knowing that this is the one that matters.

ReputationRep:
    Me attempting to do today's paper.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite difficult as well. Somewhat more difficult than 2013!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.