Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martie08)
    40?! I have 22. I'm doing 11 GCSEs at the end of next year.
    Ahaha lucky...I have all the exams for all 11 GCSE's and then A2 Maths and AS Creative Writing I don't even know why theres so many :///

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    I think for the real exams I may start around Feb....anyone know how many exams they will have? I think I have 40 something
    In February? Isn't that really early?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathalieGW)
    In February? Isn't that really early?
    Yep but I'll have quite a lot of exams to prepare for :yep: What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine_08)
    Yeah I'm just worried about not having enough time to revise as much as I want to for each subject. Especially physics and maths. I really want a B in maths and for physics we've had so many bad teachers that we haven't learnt anything from, so my whole class basically needs to catch up and do their own revision for P1 and 2.
    I'm in a similar position with maths, not really down to having a bad teacher, but more because I'm nowhere near as quick to pick up stuff as the others in my class, so I had been getting behind quickly. :s

I'm starting a course which is meant to be an equivalent to AS maths this year at the college I'm going to, but is a lot like the higher maths so hopefully that should help, but apart from that I'd say just start as early as possible and try and do half an hour a night, and work your way through the different pages in a revision guide/proper thick question book, finding questions on the internet to do too.

Some people say past papers work better, but the above method's been working better for me. I suppose past papers work better if you're reinforcing knowledge you have already rather than trying to learn stuff you don't.

I think for the real exams I may start around Feb....anyone know how many exams they will have? I think I have 40 something
    Damn, that's a lot! I'm not sure how many which is slightly concerning; after a quick count I reckon I'm taking 10 GCSEs, plus a BTEC and functional skills ICT, but I'm not sure how many exams per subject. :/ Also, are english lang. and lit. counted as separate and core and additional science? It is quite worrying how little I know about the courses I'm taking haha!

I'll probably start revising/learning maths and spanish (my two worst) in October, but that's more studying than revising, not much different than what I started doing around May this year since I realised I need to get my **** together. For other subjects, probably January, but again, I don't really do hardcore revision (I have a short attention span haha), so it'll just be little and often. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekip)
    I'm in a similar position with maths, not really down to having a bad teacher, but more because I'm nowhere near as quick to pick up stuff as the others in my class, so I had been getting behind quickly. :s

I'm starting a course which is meant to be an equivalent to AS maths this year at the college I'm going to, but is a lot like the higher maths so hopefully that should help, but apart from that I'd say just start as early as possible and try and do half an hour a night, and work your way through the different pages in a revision guide/proper thick question book, finding questions on the internet to do too.

Some people say past papers work better, but the above method's been working better for me. I suppose past papers work better if you're reinforcing knowledge you have already rather than trying to learn stuff you don't.

Damn, that's a lot! I'm not sure how many which is slightly concerning; after a quick count I reckon I'm taking 10 GCSEs, plus a BTEC and functional skills ICT, but I'm not sure how many exams per subject. :/ Also, are english lang. and lit. counted as separate and core and additional science? It is quite worrying how little I know about the courses I'm taking haha!
    ahaha i wouldn't worry....some of the exams have cross over topics, especially the sciences tbh Im now a bit sceptical because this was number my school quoted me so maybe they were just trying to scare us all :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    So I've checked my exam boards after seeing that everyone else has like 20 exams and it turns out my school got it wrong - i should be having 27 exams all together :borat:

ReputationRep:
    So I've checked my exam boards after seeing that everyone else has like 20 exams and it turns out my school got it wrong - i should be having 27 exams all together :borat:
    Ha, that's more reasonable!!

ReputationRep:
    Ha, that's more reasonable!!
    I got proper worried for a minute there!! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, if you haven't seen exam timetables:

AQA: http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_tabl...GCSE-JUN15.PDF
    Edexcel:http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Docum...e%20v3_DTP.pdf

Edexcel's is provisional. (But probably won't change)

ReputationRep:
    In terms of revision I tend to do half an hour slots with 15 minute breaks, because it keeps your attention.

ReputationRep:
    What subjects are you guys taking?

ReputationRep:
    In terms of revision I tend to do half an hour slots with 15 minute breaks, because it keeps your attention.
    Do you get enough done in half an hour? Also how many slots do you do in a row?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basham97)
    What subjects are you guys taking?
    English lit
    English lang
    Maths
    Core, additional & further additional science
    R.E
    Citizenship
    Geography
    French
    Arabic

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep but I'll have quite a lot of exams to prepare for :yep: What about you?
    I have 28 exams :grin:

You're going to take AS Creative Writing in year 11?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathalieGW)
    I have 28 exams :grin:

You're going to take AS Creative Writing in year 11?
    Nice, around the same as me then!! Yep, my english teacher wanted to do AS Literature but the local college advised against it

ReputationRep:

eurgh...the dates for french and further additional (triple) science though!!

ReputationRep:

Do you happen to know where I could find the CIE IGCSE timetable? or OCR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Do you happen to know where I could find the CIE IGCSE timetable? or OCR?
    OCR: here

CIE are weird and they don't publish anything... It'll turn up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danconway)
    OCR: here

CIE are weird and they don't publish anything... It'll turn up.
    Thanks! Haha okay

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.