Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaxo)
    Did anyone think that the exam today was really simple? So happy with how it went!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stop being so big headed. Some people are struggling for an education!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlackHookage)
    The question asked about "a ranch at the time of the novella" so you would have to include context. Your initial point is fine as a basis but you have to link it to context to achieve the highest marks possible.

For these types of questions, my teacher has always told us we should aim to have 3 paragraphs with 3 different points in order to reach band 6, so I'm not sure if 1 point will be enough to reach the highest marks.

If you developed your point well, linking it to context, audience response, how Steinbeck presented it and why he did, I think you'd be able to make it into Band 5 but the lack of points would prohibit a Band 6 mark.
    Thank you, my teacher said to write a lot about a little, which I guess i took too literally I hope you do well as it sounds like you deserve it I'm just relying on this poetry exam to pull my grade up...

ReputationRep:
    Thank god english is a subjectvin which has a fixed marked scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone help me please? My English teacher didn't tell us anything about the AOs ... So I didn't think you had to write about language, structure and form. I wrote a bit about Mr Birling's long speeches (provincial and social-ladder-climbing - long monologues showing he is egotistical and this makes audience dislike him - helping priestly show that capitalism is wrong) and about the short sentences in the to Kill a Mockingbird passage (to show scout's age and disapproval at her father). Do you think this will be enough to get enough points? I got full marks in the controlled assessments and, now I know about AO2, will write about this in Thursday's poetry exam. I was hoping for an A* before now and this has really worried me. Help!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did this exam today and I wrote 7 pages of crap . Great.:closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by room.25)
    Stop being so big headed. Some people are struggling for an education!
    Says you your such a Hypocrite, yeah like you would be the prime minister no one would vote for you because your a cocky little f*** no one would like any of your views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by room.25)
    Tell me that when I'm Prime Minister!!
    You're awful at trolling, by the way

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone! Hope it all went well!!

ReputationRep:
    Omg i was quite pleased with the paper considering the fact that i only really revised the character of Arthur Birling and he came up!
    OMAN was a bit challenging. I did not expect Curleys wife at all! I didn't even revise her..

ReputationRep:
    for part b of oman would it of been okay to write about the shooting of candy's dog? the fact that his dog was taken from him and he was left "staring at the ceiling" suggesting that candy had no control over his companions fate due to his old age/being assumed as weak?? therefore being seen as a lower class citizen as he has lost the ability to have an influence on brutality as a whole? i also wrote that the shooting of his dog foreboded his possible fate due to him having no control over some of the other ranch workers? idk if that even made sense blah, praying for low grade boundaries!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the exact question about Mr Birling??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffiee)
    Hahaha you got some great jokes, all your replies are from you looking it up on the computer because for one you are a sad mother f***** because you want to make an exam harder even though no one in the right mind would do that. They don't make exams easier for me as I probably would have analysed a text better than you can you
    Impertinent idiot see there I used alliteration. You don't need to go to a private school to succeed you idiot yeah u may have the best education but not a good quality of life as your stuck their working all day wow so great. You won't get far in life because no one would hire you because your arrogant and overconfident.
    Stop using derogatory terms! If you think my come backs are from the internet then that just shows your mental capacity...0! By the way I can analyse but it doesn't take a goldfish to infer that you are dumbfounded and poorly educated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    Quality not quantity and yours sounds good to me so don't worry!
    Thanks i forgot to link the part about crooks to segregation tho, which will probs pull my grade right down.. I did talk about racism though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffiee)
    Says you your such a Hypocrite, yeah like you would be the prime minister no one would vote for you because your a cocky little f*** no one would like any of your views
    You obviously don't understand the sense of humour of an intellect.

ReputationRep:
    That probably would confuse you but if you're really struggling you could contemplate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliefox_)
    Well done everyone! Hope it all went well!!
    Of course it went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    You're awful at trolling, by the way
    I value your working class opinion. Thank you.

P.S. Good luck in your exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielle46)
    for part b of oman would it of been okay to write about the shooting of candy's dog? the fact that his dog was taken from him and he was left "staring at the ceiling" suggesting that candy had no control over his companions fate due to his old age/being assumed as weak?? therefore being seen as a lower class citizen as he has lost the ability to have an influence on brutality as a whole? i also wrote that the shooting of his dog foreboded his possible fate due to him having no control over some of the other ranch workers? idk if that even made sense blah, praying for low grade boundaries!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As long as you linked it somehow to the brutality of the ranch then yes you could have written that This question was so open don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielle46)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds pretty good from my point of view, I linked the part about the dog to he lennie-George relationship, and how the dog almost represents candy. I found the Arthur birling went well, and the passage but I was really strapped for time in the last parts. Anyway I felt it went much better than the mock, in which I only achieved a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StraightA*s)
    Omg i was quite pleased with the paper considering the fact that i only really revised the character of Arthur Birling and he came up!
    OMAN was a bit challenging. I did not expect Curleys wife at all! I didn't even revise her..
    I didn't like the curleys wife extract either. I thought there was more to say about Lennie in that extract

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 3, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.