Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilialucy)
    Yep. Like I said I needed to put 'recalled' instead of 'encoded'.

Yeah, that is a better way of putting it. Although I don't think it affects the marks if its shorter/longer.
    Yes I was simply explaining why you needed to put recalled, just in case you didn't know, and for the benefit of everyone else who may have been wondering. It does look more impressive/less muddled and saves time.

ReputationRep:
    I think daycare will be the 12 marker and msm will be an 8 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleonore)
    yeah I understand, I will be so scared tomorrow! I would have liked it if I was able to have a cup of coffee
    Hahaa same, what topics are you most confident about and which ones are u least confident about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safiyyah98)
    Hahaa same, what topics are you most confident about and which ones are u least confident about?
    I am more confident about memory and explanations of attachment with cultural variations.
    least confident about strategies of memory improvement and day care (just found them really hard to revise because I don't have that much material on it)
    what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellietaytayx)
    I think daycare will be the 12 marker and msm will be an 8 marker
    do you think that influence of research into day care could come as a 12 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahaley)
    My teacher said it can and it's never been up..
    Out of interest what was the wording of the question she said could come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    What are extraneous variables how would you identify one if it asked you and how would it be extraneous
    An extraneous variable is a factor that you cannot control that may alter the findings of your results. For example, in Hodges and Tizards study of privation (institutional care), an extraneous variable may be something like the child's attachment type or individual personality that was already there before they conducted the study. They had no control over these factors because the study was a natural, longitudinal study. Therefore if you want to identify and extraneous variable, you need to read the stem and think of uncontrollable factors that may alter findings e.g. personality or mental disorders.
    I hope that helped Good luck ! xx

ReputationRep:
    do you think that influence of research into day care could come as a 12 marker?
    I was thinking that! I haven't come across a 12 marker on it before so its a definite possibility! I'm going to revise it anyway as it may come in use for the A02 of Daycare

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, for Anxiety im a bit concerned about lack of A01 content - i have Deffenbacher and the Yerkes-Dodson curve, then loftus 1987 with the weapon focus?

Is there any other big studies i shouls be using? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hpiercey3)
    Quick question, for Anxiety im a bit concerned about lack of A01 content - i have Deffenbacher and the Yerkes-Dodson curve, then loftus 1987 with the weapon focus?

Is there any other big studies i shouls be using? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yuille & Cutshall is a good one to contradict Loftus' findings, as they found that witnesses to a real life gun shooting had remarkably accurate recall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    Out of interest what was the wording of the question she said could come up?
    It might be 'Discuss research into different types of attachment' or 'Outline and evaluate research into different attachment types'

Doesn't really matter what they ask they're all pointing towards Ainsworth's Strange Situation research. You'd outline the 8 'episodes' of their research, their findings - I'd then outline the behaviours associated with the attachment types.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellietaytayx)
    I was thinking that! I haven't come across a 12 marker on it before so its a definite possibility! I'm going to revise it anyway as it may come in use for the A02 of Daycare
    going to do the same thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am more confident about memory and explanations of attachment with cultural variations.
    least confident about strategies of memory improvement and day care (just found them really hard to revise because I don't have that much material on it)
    what about you?
    I'm confident with cognitive as a whole and so not confident about cultural variations of attachment and day care

ReputationRep:
    Yuille & Cutshall is a good one to contradict Loftus' findings, as they found that witnesses to a real life gun shooting had remarkably accurate recall
    Right thanks very much! I do have that for an A02, but for A01 is the 2 studies i mentioned enough for 6 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hpiercey3)
    Right thanks very much! I do have that for an A02, but for A01 is the 2 studies i mentioned enough for 6 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah definitely as long as you go into as much detail as you can with them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely as long as you go into as much detail as you can with them.
    Sure expanding is key, thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quick questtion, could you link defenbauchers finding on anxiety and recall as an evaluation point for the effects of missleading questions (Loftus and Palmer) when relating to the mundane realism/ecological validity of the study?!!!

ReputationRep:
    If I forget the name of the psychologist but still explain the procedure, can I still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    For daycare on aggression A01 is this worth six marks

One study comes from Violata and Russell they conducted a metanaylsis on 88 studies and found that children who attend daycare for more than 20 hours a week seemed to have a negative socio emotional effect therefore they showed aggresive behaviour.

Next study :
    One comes from Belsky. A longitudinal study researching the develepement of 1083 children across the USA. Belsky found children who attended daycare 30 hours a week showed much more aggressive behaviour than those who only attended 10 hours a week, e.g. they talked to much and started fighting a lot.

Next study:
    One study from the NICHD. They kept progress on over 1000 children since 1991. The study found the more time children spent in daycare since 1-4 and a half years old the more adults rated them as aggresive. Children in full time day care was more than 3 times likley to show aggressive behaviour than those looked after by their mother at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya98)
    If I forget the name of the psychologist but still explain the procedure, can I still get the marks?
    Yes as long as the study is identifiable - please no one make up studies, it just makes you look bad, you're going up against examiners who are professionals in what they do.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.