Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't do biology and I did not have a clue what was going on in that question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyscottx)
    I drew the whole protein because I didn't understand what it was asking for! We got asked to draw an amide link in question 1 so I thought surely they wouldn't ask us to draw the exact thing twice? Hope they award a mark for both

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wasnt sure but i did just the amide, i think they would allow both tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student1508)
    What did people put for the: explain why combinatorial chemistry may help and how the chemical may be modified?
    I saw this in revise book its where they find a lead compound and make a lot of combination molecules to get rid of unwanted sideffects. Something along those lines related to the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRAG)
    I got +8 (can you remind me what the compound was again?)
    I put something to do with crystalinity
    +8 for what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king cobra)
    Was t it +8 and the rest +5
    And why do polymers with same linkage have diff strengths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, I got that, & for the difference strengths I put because they have varying chain lengths (-longer chain = more intermolecular bonds = stronger polymer..?) & I put something else I can't remember

ReputationRep:
    for the gases i wrote carbon monxide and for the vandium extraction i wrote sulfur dioxide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrChemKid)
    what step did everyone put for redox of vanadium
    There was two steps, step one its oxidation state went from +4 to +5 so it was oxidised, and in the last step it went from a +5 compound to just V which is 0 so it was reduced

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Jaz_ace;56848351]for the gases i wrote carbon monxide and for the vandium extraction i wrote sulfur dioxide[/QUOTE
    Same are these right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Halfway through the test I just started planning what I was going to do in my gap year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrandonRendell)
    To those who did purity of aspirin as their project all got ethanoic acid as the choking fumes, that **** burnt my eyes and throat after taking it out of the microwave each time :'(
    Oh lol. I remember that. I developed a vinegar phobia after my asirin coursework. Never have chips with vinegar since then.

ReputationRep:
    For the first question drawing bit, where we suppost to draw just the link or the entire thing? cos it said 'draw the linkage'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Vanadium oxidation states: 4,5,5,5 anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I put sulfur dioxide for the gas given off in Step 1. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    whats pissed me off with this exam is nothing was simple, and i know its an exam, but is it really appropriate to have a question where you write PD-PD and ID-ID for both molecules, like WTF?!

ReputationRep:
    , actually i got 4 for the first one memory remembered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFP=big fat poo)
    Vanadium oxidation: 4,5,5,5 anyone?
    yeah got that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFP=big fat poo)
    Vanadium oxidation: 4,5,5,5 anyone?
    That's what I got

ReputationRep:
    what ums do we need for an A out of 600?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greencat55)
    For the first question drawing bit, where we suppost to draw just the link or the entire thing? cos it said 'draw the linkage'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just put C=ON-H.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TikiLodge)
    +8 for what?
    Oxidation state of vanadium

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.