The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Yup. Today has been a big day for the Party. Nothing too much for us to handle though.
I'm glad to hear that Petros. When will we know bout Deputy and Chair? Are you having elections or does Cesca pick?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
I'm glad to hear that Petros. When will we know bout Deputy and Chair? Are you having elections or does Cesca pick?
I'm sure Cesca will confirm at some point tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
I'm sure Cesca will confirm at some point tonight
:yy:

(if you're hoping for either position - good luck!)
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:yy:

(if you're hoping for either position - good luck!)
Thank you. We'll see

Posted from TSR Mobile
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Deputy Leader is by constitution an elected position - we'll be sure to let the House know if there's any change in this. By precedent, the Chair is appointed by the leader and obviously a new one will be required. I'm in touch with Cesca now and we'll be sure to update you as soon as any decisions are reached
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
The Deputy Leader is by constitution an elected position - we'll be sure to let the House know if there's any change in this. By precedent, the Chair is appointed by the leader and obviously a new one will be required. I'm in touch with Cesca now and we'll be sure to update you as soon as any decisions are reached
Cheers

Surprised about Birk That explains how he managed to get his seconder...
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cheers

Surprised about Birk That explains how he managed to get his seconder...
I wish I could share your shock but underhand tactics do not unfortunately surprise me given the personal threats made to me at the time.
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wish I could share your shock but underhand tactics do not unfortunately surprise me given the personal threats made to me at the time.
I just realised that you'll need to change your signature now. It seems like ages since you first became acting leader.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fair enough, he was an... interesting character.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Highly amusing.. but also incredibly stupid. Should have just found some random liberal who's not especially active and painted a dire picture.
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Highly amusing.. but also incredibly stupid. Should have just found some random liberal who's not especially active and painted a dire picture.
I think he found that he was not the party's most talented artist

(Original post by toronto353)
I just realised that you'll need to change your signature now. It seems like ages since you first became acting leader.
Ooh indeed, forgot about that! Far too long in honesty, I'm very glad the post is now permanently filled as fun as it was
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The mistake that Birchington has made is in assuming that because these accounts come from the same IP address, they must for that reason be dupes.

This is not and has never been the case.

I live in a student house with five other people. Two of these people are also interested in politics and, after my encouragement, created accounts to involve themselves in TSR politics in which, naturally, they assisted their friend every now and then.

I have not broken any rules in them doing this, and for this reason I will petition the Speaker and, failing that, the Community Team to reverse this decision.

For goodness sake, look at previous posts from these users! Both of these friends are girls. Glyx and Lycanthrope, I think, posted several times about makeup and girly topics which I have absolutely no interest in and have never demonstrated any interest in in all my post history on TSR. It's a simple matter of common sense.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Regarding the above it's worth saying that Will (moved from the liberals to the Tories a term to two ago) did previously try enter the Tories as a liberal using a dupe (or so i thought) but after many moons Jarred did say that having checked deeper the two accounts were actually of two different people.

A mystery is afoot..
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Never a dull day in the commons is there?
Birchington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Birkenhead)
The mistake that Birchington has made is in assuming that because these accounts come from the same IP address, they must for that reason be dupes.

I live in a student house with five other people. Two of these people are also interested in politics and, after my encouragement, created accounts to involve themselves in TSR politics in which, naturally, they assisted their friend every now and then.

I have not broken any rules in them doing this, and for this reason I will petition the Speaker and, failing that, the Community Team to reverse this decision.

For goodness sake, look at previous posts from these users! Both of these friends are girls. Glyx and Lycanthrope, I think, posted several times about makeup and girly topics which I have absolutely no interest in and have never demonstrated any interest in all my post history on TSR. It's a simple matter of common sense.
I will seek advice from Miser and TSR to ensure a fair decision is reached, in light of your response tonight.
Birkenhead
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Birchington)
I will seek advice from Miser and TSR to ensure a fair decision is reached, in light of your response tonight.
I appreciate that. I can't see how I can prove my story short of dragging them to TSR towers, but the principle of reasonable doubt should be employed. Looking at their post history and the plausibility of the situation I have explained, it is clear that there is enormous room for reasonable doubt that the accusations made against me are untrue.
Green_Pink
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I appreciate that. I can't see how I can prove my story short of dragging them to TSR towers, but the principle of reasonable doubt should be employed. Looking at their post history and the plausibility of the situation I have explained, it is clear that there is enormous room for reasonable doubt that the accusations made against me are untrue.
How long have you been living with this friend if it's a student house? I'd really like to believe you as you did help get rid of an inactive leader and believe it or not it'd be good to have your experience around the House. But you can see how fishy this must look
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

For goodness sake, look at previous posts from these users! Both of these friends are girls. Glyx and Lycanthrope, I think, posted several times about makeup and girly topics which I have absolutely no interest in and have never demonstrated any interest in in all my post history on TSR. It's a simple matter of common sense.

I hope this is true, despite our differences of opinion in the past I'd like to think you're an honest enough guy and wouldn't stoop so low.
Blue Meltwater
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Interesting times.
Birkenhead
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How long have you been living with this friend if it's a student house? I'd really like to believe you as you did help get rid of an inactive leader and believe it or not it'd be good to have your experience around the House. But you can see how fishy this must look
Over two years.

_Lycanthope = Kathryn, who is a mature student re-doing school exams.

Glyx = Temi, who transferred to UWE nursing in 2013.

I hope this is true, despite our differences of opinion in the past I'd like to think you're an honest enough guy and wouldn't stoop so low.
You have my word, and I'm not an MP so that actually means something :P
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.35%
No (292)
75.65%

Watched Threads