Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I feel the same. I've shot them an email on the portal asking for the results. Hopefully we will get good news tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

Just introducing myself as I got through to the stage 3 assessment centre. I know they'll be things like group exercises and written tests, do you think we need to prepare anything specific?

For anyone waiting to hear tomorrow fingers crossed

x

ReputationRep:
    Sent my results request too. Cannot help but think we won't get anywhere because they have allocated places already..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchwales)
    Sent my results request too. Cannot help but think we won't get anywhere because they have allocated places already..
    No joy, the dreaded generic passed but not on reserve list e-mail as arrived. Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    Once an application is updated can you review feedback on the tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchwales)
    I've just been emailed back to say I didn't make it - best of luck to those still waiting to hear (hopefully some of you will get through - or it will look a little fishy...)

ReputationRep:
    I've just had an email to say I was unsuccessful and not on the reserve list. They have also said they are unable to provide any feedback.

ReputationRep:
    So, has anybody received positive news today?

ReputationRep:
    I got the same email this morning too. Looks like we are all in the same boat today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry guys .. hopefully you will be offered EO jobs.

And you wouldnt miss out on a lot because EO training for the first year (in my department at least) is very similar to to the TSP sheme/modules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaafar)
    Dont worry guys .. hopefully you will be offered EO jobs.

And you wouldnt miss out on a lot because EO training for the first year (in my department at least) is very similar to to the TSP sheme/modules
    From what I can see from other comments, the jobs that were offered to those who didn't make it to the AC last year were at Grade O. Does anyone know if anyone got offered a HO position without making it to the AC? (I'm on the reserve list myself so greatly interested in the answer)

ReputationRep:
    I got the same news today. I'm disappointed because I didn't think the tests were particularly difficult, obviously I was wrong.Ah well there's always next year.

All the best to those through to the AC. If it's anything like the Fast Stream AC it will be an intense experience.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to work in London (central or greater) due to family reasons but I also want to maximise my chances of getting onto the scheme. For people who were successful in obtaining London offers for the full graduate position or HO/HEO positions, how many locations did you apply to? Was it just London?

I would really appreciate any advice or insight into my thoughts!

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    This is similar to the above post, but does anyone know if the amount of locations you put down affects progression to the AC? I only put one location down.

I was sure I aced the stage 2 tests (I know a lot of people will think that) but received the dreaded "successful but not on reserve list email" this morning.

Also my account on the civil service jobs page still says online tests completed. I'm living in hope the email was sent in error haha. Anyone else's like this?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahGrad777)
    Hi Everyone,

Just introducing myself as I got through to the stage 3 assessment centre. I know they'll be things like group exercises and written tests, do you think we need to prepare anything specific?

For anyone waiting to hear tomorrow fingers crossed

x
    Hello SarahGrad777,
    Congratulation.Please confirm if you received your invitation in the same context.
    (Invited for assessmentCongratulations, you're now invited to schedule a time for your assessment. To book your slot click "Schedule for assessment". Click the "Feedback" tab to review your feedback, if provided. To get your preferred time we recommend that you book as early as possible. Remember to arrive at least twenty minutes before your assessment and make sure you bring some form of picture ID (e.g. your work pass or passport). If you're no longer interested in this job please withdraw your application.
    got your invitation in the same text as mine.) Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jpp19)
    This is similar to the above post, but does anyone know if the amount of locations you put down affects progression to the AC? I only put one location down.

I was sure I aced the stage 2 tests (I know a lot of people will think that) but received the dreaded "successful but not on reserve list email" this morning.

Also my account on the civil service jobs page still says online tests completed. I'm living in hope the email was sent in error haha. Anyone else's like this?

Thanks!
    I think a few of us are in the same position. Without meaning to sound slightly cocky I felt I had done very well in the tests and was amazed I had been rejected. I emailed them to raise the issue and they had said only 40 people out of 3000 did not receive the results on time. My account also says online tests completed.

I've not heard of a single person who has received an email today and been successful. Seems a bit dodgy!

Anyway, don't mean to sound bitter and congratulations to those who have made it through!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, do we know how many O/HO jobs are available roughly and when we start to hear about them? Do we also get to give our location preferences again for these if we're considered for them?

ReputationRep:
    HMRC were recruiting for Hidden Economy Tax Professional Investigators, the deadline was 28/12/15 which was an O grade. There were 240 positions. I think unsuccessful applicants for Stage 2 maybe offered some of these positions.

I applied as I wasn't sure I would make it to round 3 but have fortunately. I'm still going to progress with both applications and am waiting to see if I've been successful for an interview for the Investigator role.

Did anyone else apply for it?

I do think they could have provided feedback at Stage 2.

birdman55 what did you find intensive? Was it quite nerve wracking and a lot of waiting around?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lewis,

It's good to know there's other people feeling the same! You're right it does sound big headed but I honestly don't think I could have improved. I was confident in all the answers and had plenty of time left. I know of a few others in exactly the same boat, and along with people on this forum I highly doubt that only 40 out of 3000+ received their results today.

I also wonder if all of these '40' people just automatically got rejection emails today. It would be interesting if we could find out our results. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I have suffered problems throughout the whole application process to be honest so I wouldn't be surprised if there has been some sort of glitch.

But yes, congratulations to all of those who have got through!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jpp19)
    Hi Lewis,

It's good to know there's other people feeling the same! You're right it does sound big headed but I honestly don't think I could have improved. I was confident in all the answers and had plenty of time left. I know of a few others in exactly the same boat, and along with people on this forum I highly doubt that only 40 out of 3000+ received their results today.

I also wonder if all of these '40' people just automatically got rejection emails today. It would be interesting if we could find out our results. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I have suffered problems throughout the whole application process to be honest so I wouldn't be surprised if there has been some sort of glitch.

But yes, congratulations to all of those who have got through!
    I emailed this morning to ask for my score and/or feedback but they said they were unable to give any at stage 2. Again, this seems strange as we received a fairly detailed report from Stage 1.

Was London your preference by any chance? I can imagine the London application would be incredibly competitive and if we are progressed for the location we have applied for then it could be that even high scoring applications were rejected due to sheer volume.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.