Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Please learn to speak prejudice beforehand. And yes this was a racist and islamophobic incident in my opinion and its caused outrage on social media. I'm not the only one with those views.
    Argumentum ad populum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bengie)
    I've seen some racial prejudince in my time but by god queen-bee beats it all. I haven't read all the posts in this thread but this has nothing to do with being Muslim you stupid person.
    It also has nothing to do with being 14 years old, are you saying that 14 year olds can't build a bomb, if he can build that he can build a bomb.

If this had been a bomb and no one took any interest in it and ti took out all his class and teacher, there would have been an outcry about poor security and not looking after our children.

No, queen-bee has jumped on this to make a racist slur, to try and get one up on other and make herself feel important.
    argumentum ad passiones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Argumentum ad populum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I'm glad it's gained popularity. Hopefully next time,crap like this doesn't happen again.

ReputationRep:
    TO INFORM EVERYONE.

He was actually arrested on his attitude. He refused to inform and tell the teachers what he had made. They asked him what it was, he said he didn't know, when he obviously did. They gave him a number of chances to explain what the device was but he refused. His attitude is appealing.

This has nothing to do with Islam or race. It was simply his attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    I'm not the one trolling a student forum after being banned for telling other posters to kill themselves
    Nonsense

as I say it's all rather sad and such a shame some people abuse TSR in this way
    I was banned weeks ago out of no where without warning or reason. I'm just hanging around till i get an explanation.

Rule breaking again btw. No talking about moderation issues, reported again, please stop abusing TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n29)
    Nonsense

I was banned weeks ago out of no where without warning or reason. I'm just hanging around till i get an explanation.

Rule breaking again btw. No talking about moderation issues, reported again, please stop abusing TSR.
    I do know creating seconds accounts while being banned leads to a further ban

Bye then

ReputationRep:
    I do know creating seconds accounts while being banned leads to a further ban

Bye then
    No, actually second accounts are positivity encouraged. Think it must look good to advertisers or something.

ReputationRep:
    On the one hand, the clock didn't look like a clock - at all. It does look kind of suspicious. Also, people like ISIS have been using young children as they don't seem as suspicious.
    On the other hand, if he had a different name he probably wouldn't have been arrested. The police and school should have also apologised to him, which they didn't.

I can see where they both the school and Ahmed are coming from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizmoo0721)
    TO INFORM EVERYONE.

He was actually arrested on his attitude. He refused to inform and tell the teachers what he had made. They asked him what it was, he said he didn't know, when he obviously did. They gave him a number of chances to explain what the device was but he refused. His attitude is appealing.

AH so as we get further details his 'innocence' is now looking more like a pissy child who was responsible for his own down fall

still won't stop articles like this one in the guardian though

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...acism-detector

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if anyone has posted this but they clearly didn't think it was a bomb. They didn't call the bomb squad. The put the boy and the 'bomb' in an office. They didn't evacuate or commence their bomb procedures. They put the 'bomb' in the car with the police and took photos of it. Is that how people handle a bomb scare? No it isn't. This is just shocking. I feel so sorry for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    Not sure if anyone has posted this but they clearly didn't think it was a bomb. They didn't call the bomb squad. The put the boy and the 'bomb' in an office. They didn't evacuate or commence their bomb procedures. They put the 'bomb' in the car with the police and took photos of it. Is that how people handle a bomb scare? No it isn't. This is just shocking. I feel so sorry for him.
    No they though it was suspicious and they have a duty to report anything they consider suspicious to the correct authorities

and now it seems his attitude didn't help the situation

ReputationRep:
    More information

'the arrest was made over the prospect that it was a 'hoax bomb' intended to scare people at the school — "something that is not really a bomb, but is designed and presented in a way that it creates people to be afraid."'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizmoo0721)
    TO INFORM EVERYONE.

Source please?

ReputationRep:
    Of course you do

I just didn't think there was more than one sado who would multi account and troll a student forum

But them some muslims never fail to surprise
    Have you swallowed a lemon or two? You seem rather bitter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Please learn to speak prejudice beforehand. And yes this was a racist and islamophobic incident in my opinion and its caused outrage on social media. I'm not the only one with those views.
    And that says it all. Thinking you are clever and making a poor attempt to belittle someone who doesn't agee with you by picking out a 'typing error'.
    Shall I go back through all your posts and highlight your typing errors, I'm certain there are thousands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bengie)
    And that says it all. Thinking you are clever and making a poor attempt to belittle someone who doesn't agee with you by picking out a 'typing error'.
    Shall I go back through all your posts and highlight your typing errors, I'm certain there are thousands.
    I'm sure she wouldn't mind so please proceed.

We'll see you making your next post in about....10 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm39)
    Have you swallowed a lemon or two? You seem rather bitter...
    Lemons are sour. Limes are bitter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    Lemons are sour. Limes are bitter
    So they are.

ReputationRep:
    The boy should of told the school before he brought in an electronic device. This is common sense. He is lucky no charges were brought against him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    The boy should of told the school before he brought in an electronic device. This is common sense. He is lucky no charges were brought against him.
    Why on earth would he notify the school that he is bringing in a homemade clock to the school?

And what charges would they bring?

Just as an aside

they didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.
    They didn't call a bomb squad - like you do when there's a bomb.
    They didn't get as far away from him as possible, like you do when there's a bomb.
    Then they put him and the clock in an office: not like you do when there's a bomb
    Then they waited with him for the police to arrive, and then they put the clock in the same car as the police.
    Then they took pictures of it.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.