Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KikiB17)
    What are you applying for and when did you send your application off?
    Psychology, and about a week and a half ago ;-;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyRees)
    Psychology, and about a week and a half ago ;-;
    Oh ok. They might have started taking longer now as they're probably getting more and more applications. Mine went in early so they probably didn't have that many people applying at that point and could therefore deal with it pretty quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer (AAA) yesterday from York to read History and Economics. Still waiting on decisions from Oxford, St Andrews, Durham and Exeter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyRees)
    Holloway is taking forever for me!!
    Ditto. I applied for English three and a half weeks ago and they only sent their disability questionnaire to me on Monday (it is supposedly meant to be sent within a week of applying). No offer yet, and their email says they try to handle applications within 4 weeks, which is looking unlikely now.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Reader106)
    Has anyone had a reply from Coventry or Aston University? 3 weeks and not even an acknowledgement letter. I know some universities don't do that, but I'm still worried!
    We usually don't start processing applications until December at the earliest, also if you applied via UCAS we have all your details. No need to worry.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster and Bournemouth are taking their time. Applied 2 weeks ago today and still nothing. They're the only unis I'm waiting for now. Apparently Lancaster take around 2-3 weeks but Bournemouth take even longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No offers will be sent during the weekend, right?

Not that I'm impatient or anything.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaeden)
    No offers will be sent during the weekend, right?

Not that I'm impatient or anything.........
    Nah they won't be.

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS got sent off yesterday and within a few hours I had an offer from QMUL (ABB for politics) Still waiting on LSE, Warwick, Birmingham and Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    The 2016 UCAS cycle is already upon us! So many of us are currently in the process of writing up our personal statements, pestering our tutors to do our references, and some of the early birds have already sent their applications off!

"What else is there to know" did you say? People are already receiving university offers! You knew that? Well, do you know which universities are handing out offers a lot quicker than others? Or which are taking their time? Feel free to contribute. :fyi:

(Hogwarts is only a letter away for some of us :mmm:)

Which universities do you know of that are making offers the quickest this year (for your course and/or in general)

Or do you know of any universities that are really taking. their. time? :zomg:

Once again, good luck to all of you applying this year - it'll be a blast!
    Ok so yesterday I sent my application to:

- Liverpool (Biological and medical sciences)
    - Leeds (Medical Sciences)
    - Manchester (Biomedical Sciences)
    - Cardiff (Biomedical Sciences)
    - Exeter (Medical Sciences)

I've had confirmation of receipt from Manchester and Exeter within 12 hours. I'm not sure if - because it's a science-y course I'm applying for - it'll take longer to get the offer/rejection, but I will keep you all updated when things come through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    Lancaster and Bournemouth are taking their time. Applied 2 weeks ago today and still nothing. They're the only unis I'm waiting for now. Apparently Lancaster take around 2-3 weeks but Bournemouth take even longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A friend of mine sent his roughly two weeks ago to do R.E and got his from Lancaster today.

HAVE HOPE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthinlad)
    A friend of mine sent his roughly two weeks ago to do R.E and got his from Lancaster today.

HAVE HOPE
    I'm hoping for them to reply next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied last year at about 8 o'clock at night and had an offer from Huddersfield by 11oclock the next morning

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Bristol, Birmingham, Loughborough, Durham and UEA for Psychology Bsc. I received an acknowledgement email from Bristol and conditional offers from Loughborough and UEA.

But has anyone heard from Birmingham or Durham? Do they tend to be slow? If so, do I have to wait until March or so?

-Diksha

ReputationRep:
    I completed my UCAS form about two-three weeks ago, but my school still hasn't checked it and sent it off

Any Durham/SOAS offer-holders yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiritless98)
    Offer from Birmingham and Warwick!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!! :awesome:

If you don't mind me asking, for what course did you apply for and how long ago did you send off your application? I'm waiting on Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthinlad)
    Ok so yesterday I sent my application to:

- Liverpool (Biological and medical sciences)
    - Leeds (Medical Sciences)
    - Manchester (Biomedical Sciences)
    - Cardiff (Biomedical Sciences)
    - Exeter (Medical Sciences)

I've had confirmation of receipt from Manchester and Exeter within 12 hours. I'm not sure if - because it's a science-y course I'm applying for - it'll take longer to get the offer/rejection, but I will keep you all updated when things come through
    what are your predicted grades?? im waiting to hear from exeter for medical sciences and the wait is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    UCAS received my offer for BSC Geography last Monday.

Leeds - offer on Wednesday
    Sheffield - offer on Wednesday
    Liverpool - offer on Friday
    Lancaster - offer the following Wednesday
    Still waiting for York to reply

Hope this helps. Anyone else applied to do Geography?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    I completed my UCAS form about two-three weeks ago, but my school still hasn't checked it and sent it off

Any Durham/SOAS offer-holders yet?
    Same things happened to me. Are they still doing the reference or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelia101)
    what are your predicted grades?? im waiting to hear from exeter for medical sciences and the wait is killing me!
    ABB in A2 (Biology, Chemistry & Maths)
    AAB in AS (Biology, Chemistry & Maths)

I'm resitting a module in each subject so thats why I have predicted AS grades

Have you not even had an acknowledgement email?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.