x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    I know many muslims that are not like that
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    I think it was normal to view this in an objective view at the beginning and only change your assertions when further evidence has been provided
    I think it was normal to know that the religion of peace was the culprit because it always is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    My original post never said the intelligence service creates terrorism. You can re-read my post again. I was talking about how we should be careful in how we respond to this attack so as to not cause further isolation and marginalisation in an already isolated and marginalised society which may result in more Muslim youths in the west being led astray. That in no way implies that the services create terrorism.
    It seems to me it does.

Intelligence services marginalise individuals > Marginalisation leads to being "led astray" >

What am i missing?

You are correct however that it is a fruitless excercise in the sense that killing jihadi john is a fruitless excercise. Its like whackamole. Until Islam undergoes a reformation (Which it isn't going to in my lifetime) .. wherever muslims are found, a smaller number of fundamentalists will be there too ready blow themselves and pack of innocent civilians up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    that is hardly his fault, chill out i just like the quote
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    gandhi
    It's a dumb quote, and Gandhi was an incredibly naive and foolish person. The Muslims and about half the Hindus hated him. Only the British loved him. If he had truly freed a nation, he would not have been killed so angrily after independence.

There is no such thing like "humanity." People do what is best for themselves, their families, their countries. But the kind of person who does something for humanity is asking himself to be undercut in the competitive game. You can trust your family, you can mostly trust your community, and you can kind of trust your countryman. But to believe that you can trust everyone in this world is asking to be taken advantage of. It's that kind of attitude that leads to letting in refugees, who you know are infiltrated with terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    News reports say they were shouting Allah Akbar

Can I ask if you've ever used this term?
    Perhaps they're Arabic beginners trying to practise their Arabic.

It's just like all those English learners saying Merry Christmas to people or Chinese learners saying Kung Hei Fat Cho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Tony? Tony Bliar? Is that really you?
    Yes. I have retreated to the TSR after my years of prime minister. You have found me. Here, have a nuclear bomb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    I think it was normal to know that the religion of peace was the culprit because it always is.
    It's not 100% the cause of all terrorist attack though so you can never be too fully sure of it until enough evidence has been given to deliberate such a decision
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by 41b)
    It's a dumb quote, and Gandhi was an incredibly naive and foolish person. The Muslims and about half the Hindus hated him. Only the British loved him. If he had truly freed a nation, he would not have been killed so angrily after independence.

There is no such thing like "humanity." People do what is best for themselves, their families, their countries. But the kind of person who does something for humanity is asking himself to be undercut in the competitive game. You can trust your family, you can mostly trust your community, and you can kind of trust your countryman. But to believe that you can trust everyone in this world is asking to be taken advantage of. It's that kind of attitude that leads to letting in refugees, who you know are infiltrated with terrorists.
    frankly idc at 1:19 am i was just trying to cheer up toonervoustotalk , don't bring political agendas into it, have respect for the dead instead of trying to tout your political ideologies. FYI i don't trust everyone, certainly aint trusting you. end of convo with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    It seems to me it does.

Intelligence services marginalise individuals > Marginalisation leads to being "led astray" >

What am i missing?

You are correct however that it is a fruitless excercise in the sense that killing jihadi john is a fruitless excercise. Its like whackamole. Until Islam undergoes a reformation (Which it isn't going to in my lifetime) .. wherever muslims are found, a smaller number of fundamentalists will be there too ready blow themselves and pack of innocent civilians up
    We're reforming right now. But even with reformation, there will be extremists. It's unavoidable.

ReputationRep:
    Attack the Middle East? What? The people are here already. Islamification is here already. Stop this attack the Middle East nonsense-they have already invaded and are winning this war.
    'Islamification'? Brah, is your tin foil hat on too tight? There is no 'islamification' of Europe, and there never will be. In fact, Europe is becoming MORE NON-RELIGIOUS (which I like since I'm an atheist but that aside) just read this for the stats:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-...tion-of-Europe

Notice how the question is framed to show the asker's state of mind (akin to your own). They already believe in the 'islamificaiton' of Europe and want some stats to back up their claim. Well, they're getting none from the responses, in fact quite the opposite. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    It's not 100% the cause of all terrorist attack though so you can never be too fully sure of it until enough evidence has been given to deliberate such a decision
    Oh I am sure. As soon as I hear the worst of news I know the biggest threat to civilisation since the Nazis is responsible. I knew the religion of peace would be working overtime to live up to its disgusting reputation.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I am sure. As soon as I hear the worst of news I know the biggest threat to civilisation since the Nazis is responsible. I knew the religion of peace would be working overtime to live up to its disgusting reputation.
    Do you vote for UKIP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    'Islamification'? Brah, is your tin foil hat on too tight? There is no 'islamification' of Europe, and there never will be. In fact, Europe is becoming MORE NON-RELIGIOUS (which I like since I'm an atheist but that aside) just read this for the stats:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-...tion-of-Europe

Notice how the question is framed to show the asker's state of mind (akin to your own). They already believe in the 'islamificaiton' of Europe and want some stats to back up their claim. Well, they're getting none from the responses, in fact quite the opposite. :lol:
    "Brah", look at the numbers of Muslims in Europe. Islamification is happening. Look at the migration crisis "brah". Then come back to me with your leftie claptrap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    We're reforming right now. But even with reformation, there will be extremists. It's unavoidable.
    Thats true . There needs to be more support to reformers including a bigger platform. Its a battle of ideologies that will not be won with violence.

The problem is this takes time. A lot of time. And a world where there are mass numbers of people and mass numbers of weapons that cause such a large loss of life means we do not have time

ReputationRep:
    "Brah", look at the numbers of Muslims in Europe. Islamification is happening. Look at the migration crisis "brah". Then come back to me with your leftie claptrap.
    Are you telling me you don't believe the statistics? Dude, there are multiple graphs and sources cited on there... just because it doesn't fit your agenda doesn't mean it's 'leftie claptrap' and therefore wrong. Just try to be a bit less biased and read the web page.

ReputationRep:
    5 terrorists arrested/killed.

ReputationRep:
    very sad what happened

but how you react will define you as an individual - i won't be turning to racism or hate myself.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm from Paris and am really shocked by what has happened here. I don't quite know who's fault it really is - I mean obviously it's those ***** of terrorists - but I'm just really mad that they actually manage to scare me... I mean I was supposed to go shopping tomorrow at la Defense (huge business and shopping area outside of Paris) but because of this my parents don't want me too and frankly I wanted to. I wanted to show that I don't give a damn about these people who "scare" me but the truth is, they do scare me, I mean I'm even afraid that while I'm gone somewhere my brothers might get shot :'( it's a horrible feeling. These people believe that they can choose when I live or die...
    On top of it I feel like we are living such useless lives - I'm here talking about my feelings while some SAMU are counting the numerous deaths at the Bataclan...
    I don't know I just feel like all of this is ****ed up. Sorry for the language.
    I feel so torn between blaming people and at the same time thinking blaming isn't going to change what happened. But how? How can I help? What can I do?
    Anyways I hope each and everyone of you is safe and I'm thinking wholeheartedly about everyone tonight, be grateful for people around you and remember to respect others as much as yourself. I'm so over by how each country is being so thoughtful.
    Anyways this was a bit of a useless post (sorry!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203. I wonder who's responsible? Any takers?
    Wow, this is horrible news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    It's really just France and the UK then.

Maybe a better correlation is those countries involvement in wars in the middle-east? Considering that the majority of the high-muslim population countries have not had attacks.
    There's lots of attacks all over the world in Muslim countries.

Turkey is secular but has an Islamist party and loves AKP and Erdogan - attacks.
    Pakistan - Karachi gets blown to bits all the time.
    Syria - don't even need to say a word.

Then Islam in Europe - higher the population, higher the threat level and the attack incidence rate. The one country in Eastern Europe with a high Muslim population, Bulgaria, has also been victim to an attack in recent times.

Why haven't they attacked Romania, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, etc.? Loads of countries have contributed to the war effort one way or another but do not have high Muslim populations and are therefore not under as much of a threat.

Islam is spreading like a virus and infecting healthy parts of the world with its backward cohesive ideological nonsense. It is the religious equivalent of a vulgar raping and pillaging British Empire that spread around the world enforcing British life upon settlements. It is that backward mindset that holds us back. The difference is when the Empire did it, everyone looks back on it with disgust because it was politically driven, but because Islam is a religion and is religiously driven, its become ****ing untouchable and you cant even criticise it without some toff without a life getting all awkward and twitchy about it. Its pathetic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.