Any news when he'll be out the door?
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
You guy are just the worst.
bruh what's with your constant moaning doe?

it's totally understandable why the fans are like this....
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Any news when he'll be out the door?

Apparently the stoke game is his final chance....(we won't win that game)! If we lose that he's done tbh
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
bruh what's with your constant moaning doe?

it's totally understandable why the fans are like this....
I'm moaning? FOR SHAME
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
I'm moaning? FOR SHAME
do you need orange soda?

NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's no surprise that some fans are are hoping for a loss if that brings about the change that is needed. It can't be a difficult concept to understand. Then again, even if we don't lose these matches, Van Gaal will like still end up going before the season is over, anyway. I didn't think he would a couple months back, but results have gotten a lot worse. We were playing like **** before, but we were fluking wins. Continuing that would have kept him in the job.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Even if United sacked LVG after Stoke (or even Chelsea if results didn't go our way), I think they are most likely to give Giggs the job until the end of the season. You have to remember that Mourinho to United seems to being driven completely by Mendes who wants to give his client a big job after an embarrassment at Chelsea this season and to stick to his old employers by winning the title for United.

By giving it to Giggs, you can see if he can actually cut it for a prolonged period. It allows the club to see whether Guardiola can be persuaded to take the job despite press briefings two weeks distancing them from him, and you leave Mourinho hanging abit (let's be fair, he's clearly rejecting any job for United because that's the one he wants). I'm hesitant to bow to Mourinho's demands (big, long contract; his own coaching team) atm - if he wants the job now it's a shorter contract and I'd not be keen to allow him to bring his yes-men coaching team with him.
_Ddraig_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Even if United sacked LVG after Stoke (or even Chelsea if results didn't go our way), I think they are most likely to give Giggs the job until the end of the season. You have to remember that Mourinho to United seems to being driven completely by Mendes who wants to give his client a big job after an embarrassment at Chelsea this season and to stick to his old employers by winning the title for United.

By giving it to Giggs, you can see if he can actually cut it for a prolonged period. It allows the club to see whether Guardiola can be persuaded to take the job despite press briefings two weeks distancing them from him, and you leave Mourinho hanging abit (let's be fair, he's clearly rejecting any job for United because that's the one he wants). I'm hesitant to bow to Mourinho's demands (big, long contract; his own coaching team) atm - if he wants the job now it's a shorter contract and I'd not be keen to allow him to bring his yes-men coaching team with him.
If this was happening post-January then i would probably agree with you, however i reckon the board would want to get somebody on board before the transfer window opens. That and the fact that even a top four finish could be under threat should our results not change.
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Caught up with the last few pages.

Would have been better off slapping a child in the face.
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)

That, in my opinion would be a huge mistake. Remember Giggs is part of LVG's team and if Giggs had the answer then I'm sure we would see the results on the pitch. Giggs needs to go off and prove himself managing another premier league club, we cannot afford to let Giggs learn on the job and make mistakes due to inexperience and cause us to finish outside the top 4 again. My opinion is that we get Jose or stick with LVG and let Giggs look for opportunities in the PL or even abroad like GN, which I am sure he can get due to Fergie's references.

Whatever happens the next few weeks are going to be interesting!
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
That, in my opinion would be a huge mistake. Remember Giggs is part of LVG's team and if Giggs had the answer then I'm sure we would see the results on the pitch. Giggs needs to go off and prove himself managing another premier league club, we cannot afford to let Giggs learn on the job and make mistakes due to inexperience and cause us to finish outside the top 4 again. My opinion is that we get Jose or stick with LVG and let Giggs look for opportunities in the PL or even abroad like GN, which I am sure he can get due to Fergie's references.

I think the next few weeks are going to be underwhelming after all this hype. Wouldn't be surprised if LVG doesn't get sacked, even if we lose consecutively to Stoke and Chelsea. The board may do what they did with Moyes and sack him when top 4 becomes mathematically impossible.

I hope it's much, much earlier than that though. That is unless LVG has us playing like how we were when we went on that crazy run against Man City, Liverpool and Tottenham last season. Loved that so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
zzzzZzz
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _Morsey_)
If this was happening post-January then i would probably agree with you, however i reckon the board would want to get somebody on board before the transfer window opens. That and the fact that even a top four finish could be under threat should our results not change.
I guess it depends when they see the latter as happening. What will the table scenario need to look like before they think "Damn, top four place is in jeopardy!". ATM, we're not miles away so I think unless we lost to Stoke and Chelsea, I don't envisage a change happening before the end of the year.

(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)

Giggs, naturally, is going to be treading a fine line between being gracious towards LVG who gave him the number two job and trying to assert himself to help change the style of player. I think it's more of the former, he's a no.2 so he might have his opinions but to chirp on might make it uncomfortable. He seems to have been capable of other duties but until he's a manager, it'll be difficult to judge his potential. If he gets it to the end of the season, then that'll be the ultimate test. If he leaves United, there isn't a vacancy - besides Swansea - that appeals to him so it's probably best for him to stay as a number two for the meantime.
Tom.x.Gotze
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is DDG an attractive man or does he look like a llama?
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
An attractive llama
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
Thoughts?

difeo
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Giggs has been a part of two failing management 'eras'. I refuse to believe he has had no say in everything that has happened. Why the club would have confidence in him to take over at this point in time is beyond me.

He should have to go away and get some experience before he is allowed anywhere near being manager of this club.
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Thoughts?

difeo
He would be a solid 6.5 but his poverty facial hair (and scalp hair to an extent) takes him down a notch.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SA-1)
MK Dons

Hehehehehehhehehehehehe

Shouldn't be talking tbh but yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Boro is worse as we played our first team and were at home. The MK game was a load of kids and players who knew they were about to be sold.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
19.71%
Unconditional if firmed (22)
8.03%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.73%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
3.28%
No unconditional offers (187)
68.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed