The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by metrize
For the second bit i put 5/2(o)

Second bit?
Original post by rosemondtan
Guys for the propane-1,2-diol question, was the organic product formed in part a a carboxylic acid-ketone combination and for the alternative organic product it's a aldehyde-ketone combination?

thats exactly what i put
Original post by smiley444
Why was a thin layer of platinum used to coat the catalyst ?

I put as they're expensive metals and it's still enough for the pollutants to react on 😬
How many marks was it for the aldehyde-ketone combo? I said it is cost-effective to use thin layer of catalyst. For the mass spectrometry I said they both form same ions.
Original post by smiley444
Why was a thin layer of platinum used to coat the catalyst ?

I put, For a larger surface area, therefore captures more Pollutants. Made sense to me but idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone do the resit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vignesh1234567
How many marks was it for the aldehyde-ketone combo? I said it is cost-effective to use thin layer of catalyst. For the mass spectrometry I said they both form same ions.

idk

and yep exactly what I wrote for for the catalyst and mass spectrometry Qs.
Reply 647
Predictions on grade boundaries for both papers?
So guys how did y'all find the as chemistry exam on june 10th i found it so effin hard
Original post by vignesh1234567

I don't think they form the same ions, they just both had the same molecular formular and so they had the same molecular mass.
Reply 650
Original post by Metal Warrior
I don't think they form the same ions, they just both had the same molecular formular and so they had the same molecular mass.

It was 2 marks right. What the 2 points you made?

yeah that's what I said.
Reply 652
Original post by CaiusMartius
yeah that's what I said.

Did you just state that they had 'the same molecular formula'?

Yup I said they had the same molecular formula and same number of each atoms (C H O) but different functional groups
Original post by SANTR
Did you just state that they had 'the same molecular formula'?

yeah, had done a basically identical question the night before lol
Reply 655
Original post by rosemondtan
Yup I said they had the same molecular formula and same number of each atoms (C H O) but different functional groups

What did you write for the question on why CO2 etc absorb infra red radiation?
Reply 656
did anyone say that 218 mg magnesium was required to fully react and so 396mg was in excess
also what about the last graph question about volume of H2 produced?
Original post by julesaquilina
I said that honeycomb has a large SA and a thin layer wouldnt decrease the SA so the catalyst would still be effective

I also put that platinum is expensive
absorbs a high amount of energy or sumn I looked in the book and it says something like that too
Reply 659
What did people write for the anti bumping granules Q?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending