Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Upload the most candid and honest photo of yourself Watch

(Original post by PalindromeGirl)
    Lets not mentioned his failed attempt to chat me up privately either :/ thank you xxxxx
    I see xD
    YW :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Wth you don't know how much hard work went into my avatar! You don't know me! Don't try to judge me!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you! I will judge you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lrrgolas)
    It really is rather lovely that you're spacing out all your links in an effort to make it look like there are more of them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would like to point out that these are legitimate quotes from exactly the same sources of scientific evidence that you have given:

"When a vegetarian diet is appropriately planned and includes fortified foods, it can be nutritionally adequate for adults and children and can promote health and lower the risk of major chronic diseases."

"vegetarians typically have lower body mass index, serum total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, and blood pressure; reduced rates of death from ischemic heart disease; and decreased incidence of hypertension, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers than do non vegetarians."
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21139125

"However, their complete blood count values did not deviate greatly from those found for nonvegetarians, even though some had been vegans or lactovegetarians for over 10 years."
    http://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/176565

"The health consequences of lower iron and zinc bioavailability are NOT CLEAR, especially in industrialized countries with abundant, varied food supplies, where nutrition and health research has generally supported recommendations to reduce meat and increase legume and whole-grain consumption."
    "adverse health effects from lower iron and zinc absorption have not been demonstrated with varied vegetarian diets in developed countries, and moderately lower iron stores have even been hypothesized to reduce the risk of chronic diseases"
    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/3/633S.long

"Conclusions: The proportions of plasma long-chain n−3 fatty acids were not significantly affected by the duration of adherence to a vegetarian or vegan diet. This finding suggests that when animal foods are wholly excluded from the diet, the endogenous production of EPA and DHA results in low but stable plasma concentrations of these fatty acids."
    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/82/2/327.abstract

"The ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fatty acids intake was higher in vegetarians." (Even though I don't understand why you posted this source as scientific evidence, as it's a very niche investigation for only the population of Hong Kong)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11083485

"However, in vegetarians rather than in those who consume meat, creatine supplementation resulted in better memory. Irrespective of dietary style, the supplementation of creatine decreased the variability in the responses to a choice reaction-time task."
    http://journals.cambridge.org/action...ne&aid=8207518

I can also provide a compelling list of equally scientific arguments for why the vegan diet is really rather excellent
    What's my spacing got to do with anything?

The health consequences of iron and zinc defiency are well known in western medicine

By the way, you know there's something called the 'placebo effect' right? Which probably explains why you claim to feel better despite the evidence saying you should be at least somewhat nutrient deprived.

can promote health and lower the risk of major chronic diseases."
    'Can' promote health? So it's not guaranteed too, then?

reduced rates of death from ischemic heart disease; and decreased incidence of hypertension, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers than do non vegetarians."
    Were all going to die sooner or later anyway; doesn't make much difference what from

vegetarians rather than in those who consume meat, creatine supplementation resulted in better memory
    The vast majority of people only supplement creatine when building muscle so would not see these benefits on a normal vegetarian diet unless they specifically supplemented creatine

not significantly affected by the duration of adherence to a vegetarian or vegan
    Tbf, I didn't check; were they allowed to supplement?
    Which kind of begs the question; if you have to supplement your nutrients (this especially holds true for veganism) and synthetic vitamins and minerals can be dangerous, can you truly say that vegetarianism and veganism are natural and good for you?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Middle of a headbang :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 118
Size:  315.0 KB
    Attached Images

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Okay, so I have no idea why I am doing this :facepalm:

(Bearing in mind this is from Saturday afternoon when I had just come out of the shower, had been up from 4:30am working and was due to leave for a long drive within the hour :lol: )

Behold my skin, in all of it's red, spotty and scarred glory!! :lol:
    Attached Images

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    19 year old me, I mean it's not a selfie, so it's a bit more "candid" :dontknow:

(I'm not as skinny now obvs :ninja:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Said you were pretentious :mmm:
    Why delete? :curious:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by MrsMars)
    Okay, so I have no idea why I am doing this :facepalm:
    Still pretty to be honest. :fan:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Still pretty to be honest. :fan:
    Thanks?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Barely had any sleep and had the docs at 8:30am today. Still got my jammie top on underneath the hoodie and went out in it trying to stay awake for my driving lesson at 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Barely and sleep and had the docs at 8:30am today. Still got my jammie top on underneath the hoodie and went out in it trying to stay awake for my driving lesson at 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awww you're still pretty :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    btw I damn love your avatar, it's SO YOU :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Barely and sleep and had the docs at 8:30am today. Still got my jammie top on underneath the hoodie and went out in it trying to stay awake for my driving lesson at 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still as cute and lovely as ever, treacle
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Awww you're still pretty :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    btw I damn love your avatar, it's SO YOU :mmm:
    aww thank you I should have added more cats though. One is nowhere near enough
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by apronedsamurai)
    Still as cute and lovely as ever, treacle
    Thanks never been called treacle before. That's a first! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Barely had any sleep and had the docs at 8:30am today. Still got my jammie top on underneath the hoodie and went out in it trying to stay awake for my driving lesson at 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PRSOM :lol:
    You look gorgeous

aww thank you I should have added more cats though. One is nowhere near enough
    Hahaha ! Cats are life :cool: :five: :love:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks never been called treacle before. That's a first! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Treacle tart =sweetheart
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PRSOM :lol:
    You look gorgeous
    Thanks deary

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Thanks deary

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My pleasure

Ta for the rep and follow

ReputationRep:
    Said you were pretentious :mmm:
    Why delete? :curious:
    I don't like leaving my photos up publicly for too long :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.