DWP Work Coach

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    i have a news for people who are still in the waiting list. They rang me Friday as a response to my email. Said Im the 45th person on the list along with other 33 people who got the same score as me. All my hopes broke into pieces lol. But the good thing is, the list has moved forward since June. When i rang them in June i was 164th lol x

ReputationRep:
    And that's only for Birmingham and solihull areas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky1105)
    I emailed them ages ago on the contact email on the advert, but didnt receive a reply. Did you use the same address? I might try again!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god !!! But if thry gave that many . Why do another campaign ? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Job coach, the people who say 'you didn't apply to enough / well enough: you're sanctioned'?
    Having found the spec, you may not do the actual sanctioning - the one I found makes it looks like you're not actually employed by the DWP but by someone they contract out this to - but you're the one who reports people to be sanctioned.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    i have a news for people who are still in the waiting list. They rang me Friday as a response to my email. Said Im the 45th person on the list along with other 33 people who got the same score as me. All my hopes broke into pieces lol. But the good thing is, the list has moved forward since June. When i rang them in June i was 164th lol x
    Omg no chance then....better forget about it😔

ReputationRep:
    Having found the spec, you may not do the actual sanctioning - the one I found makes it looks like you're not actually employed by the DWP but by someone they contract out this to - but you're the one who reports people to be sanctioned.

I wouldn't go around boasting about these jobs. You'd get more respect working in experiments on live animals or clubbing baby seals to death.
    Or how about helping vulnerable people by referring them to opportunities that may not be available to them if not attending the job centre, hopefully moving them into sustainable employment to give them a better quality of life where they don't have to depend on the state or claim £73.10 per week.

I don't know where you got your info from lol but you are directly employed by the DWP...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Or how about helping vulnerable people by referring them to opportunities that may not be available to them if not attending the job centre, hopefully moving them into sustainable employment to give them a better quality of life where they don't have to depend on the state or claim £73.10 per week.
    Yeah, yeah, that's what it's presented as, but the reality is that your job targets are around removing people from the register, one way or another. Given someone who is difficult to place, it is much easier to deny them benefits than find them 'sustainable employment' - your bosses are happy either way.

The sick rate for DWP staff is appallingly high because of the stress and the position they're placed in.

I don't know where you got your info from lol but you are directly employed by the DWP...
    Several services are contracted to do this are using this as a job title. The job spec looks very, very similar to the directly employed one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, yeah, that's what it's presented as, but the reality is that your job targets are around removing people from the register, one way or another. Given someone who is difficult to place, it is much easier to deny them benefits than find them 'sustainable employment' - your bosses are happy either way.

The sick rate for DWP staff is appallingly high because of the stress and the position they're placed in.

Several services are contracted to do this are using this as a job title. The job spec looks very, very similar to the directly employed one.

Well I do the job currently so I'm speaking from experience, I'm guessing you don't work for the DWP so you wouldn't really know tbh...

And the reality is that there is no target for getting people off a benefit. So as a individual your not assessed on how many people come off benefit or how many people you refer for a sanction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Well I do the job currently so I'm speaking from experience, I'm guessing you don't work for the DWP so you wouldn't really know tbh...
    I don't, but I know someone who does.

And the reality is that there is no target for getting people off a benefit.
    If you don't have one, the person above you definitely does.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys..
    Dwp has again got 40 posts in Birmingham and solihull....i just dont understand why they havent offered it to us before making it external...this is so unfair..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yashicabali)
    Hey guys..
    Dwp has again got 40 posts in Birmingham and solihull....i just dont understand why they havent offered it to us before making it external...this is so unfair..
    I don't understand that either I think you should defiantly query it email and ask the question ?

They haven't advertised any in my area just 3 for Brecon way .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prinny88)
    I don't understand that either I think you should defiantly query it email and ask the question ?

They haven't advertised any in my area just 3 for Brecon way .
    I think its absolutley disgusting, I would like to know how much a recruitment costs, what a waste of tax payers money! Ive emailed Birmingham today to find out more info, particularly as to where i am on the list!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natz267)
    I think its absolutley disgusting, I would like to know how much a recruitment costs, what a waste of tax payers money! Ive emailed Birmingham today to find out more info, particularly as to where i am on the list!
    I have sent them an email too...lets c....its very confusing though...
    How much was your score NATZ??

ReputationRep:
    I recently got a reply that we have already send you an email that you dont need to reapply for the vacancy...
    We will let u know about any position in the locations you have specified....
    Have patience
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm totally confused too. I really don't know why they're doing this to us lol. All our hopes from May... going to be wasted. Not fair at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yashicabali)
    I have sent them an email too...lets c....its very confusing though...
    How much was your score NATZ??
    4455, not the best considering I did the job for 3 years lol!

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to someone who basically said that just because I'm on the reserve list doesn't mean I'll be offered a job!!! Got the impression that they want people with higher scores so a total waste of time and effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jones23)
    I spoke to someone who basically said that just because I'm on the reserve list doesn't mean I'll be offered a job!!! Got the impression that they want people with higher scores so a total waste of time and effort.
    What area are you jones ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prinny88)
    What area are you jones ?
    Applied for Chester, Ellesmere Port and Nantwich

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.