Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WuMyster)
    Most difficult C2 paper I've done. Don't know why the lorry couldn't fit. Got a height of 4.992 or something.
    oh my **** same struggle, i was so confused by that part... liKE WTF

ReputationRep:
    Most difficult C2 paper I've done. Don't know why the lorry couldn't fit. Got a height of 4.992 or something.
    Yeah that's what I ended up having too :/

ReputationRep:
    Yes i got that as well. bound to get marks for it

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get time to finish the log graph at the end >.<

8 marks to draw a line!

ReputationRep:
    I subbed the x=3.6 into the equation and got y=4.992 too. Not sure if this was correct or even why it couldn't fit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erinls2)
    Yeah that's what I ended up having too :/
    The height of the equation at x=1.2 was 3.392, along those lines anyway, the height of the lorry was 4.4. this means the lorry is higher than the roof of the tunnel meaning it wont fit through

ReputationRep:
    the lorry was rectangluar but the curve wasn't, so you needed to find the height either side. which is why it told you it was symmetrical about X=3

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jaseho98;65553963]oh my **** same struggle, i was so confused by that part... liKE WTF[i/QUOTE]

Think you had to plug in X = 1.2 or 4.8 as they were the max height for van with width 3.6m. (Think about a tunnel as how you get closer to one side the roof gets lower) then the value for y was 4.352 or something which is less than 4.4

ReputationRep:
    What intercept and gradient did you guys get for the log graph question? Obviously they'll all be a bit different, but roughly.

I got 0.65 for the intercept and 0.185 for the gradient

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the answers to the series questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScalyJake)
    What intercept and gradient did you guys get for the log graph question? Obviously they'll all be a bit different, but roughly.

I got 0.65 for the intercept and 0.185 for the gradient
    I got exactly the same as that

ReputationRep:
    The log graph was awful, felt impossible to draw a best line of fit, ended up with y intercept of 0.6 and gradient 0.2 which seems way off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crozzer24)
    The log graph was awful, felt impossible to draw a best line of fit, ended up with y intercept of 0.6 and gradient 0.2 which seems way off
    got the same man

ReputationRep:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Doing an unofficial mark scheme, help if you want!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Crozzer24;65554227]
    (Original post by jaseho98)
    oh my **** same struggle, i was so confused by that part... liKE WTF[i/QUOTE]

Think you had to plug in X = 1.2 or 4.8 as they were the max height for van with width 3.6m. (Think about a tunnel as how you get closer to one side the roof gets lower) then the value for y was 4.352 or something which is less than 4.4
    Thats what I got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler213)
    What did you guys get for the answers to the series questions?
    The first I got 10+5+10 so 25 and the second one I got 0

ReputationRep:
    Why did I do 10^0.7 for my y intercept

ReputationRep:
    i think the range will be large because all the points differed so muchh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crozzer24)
    This is exactly what i got

ReputationRep:
    i got 10^0.55 for my intercept and 0.2 for my gradient

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.