Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I consider the loss of the empire to be the second greatest crime inflicted on our people, in getting rid of the empire we gave up power on a scale that few nations have.

It's pretty unlikely that we could ever regain an empire without increasing the population to about half a billion (so that we were an economic superpower in terms of GDP, tax revenue and military size). We'd also need an alliance.

To be honest i don't know why you left, you just needed to tone a few things down. You were never as 'wild' as the post-Adam Ukip.

The Kippers and Liberals have always been prone. Ours have not really been that bad.
    Empires are always doomed to fail though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Empires are always doomed to fail though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your doomed to die one day, i doubt you'll be giving up on life now though.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

The Kippers and Liberals have always been prone. Ours have not really been that bad.
    Well, you've certainly had your share this term, what with Jammy's rather vocal opposition to the assisted dying bill.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Well, you've certainly had your share this term, what with Jammy's rather vocal opposition to the assisted dying bill.
    By historical standards, a tiny scandal.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I consider the loss of the empire to be the second greatest crime inflicted on our people, in getting rid of the empire we gave up power on a scale that few nations have.

It's pretty unlikely that we could ever regain an empire without increasing the population to about half a billion (so that we were an economic superpower in terms of GDP, tax revenue and military size). We'd also need an alliance.
    Interesting, personally I wouldn't be opposed to it as long as it was fully democratic and not like the empire of old. So more like an international confederation of states.
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I personally don't and I believe it's incompatible to wish the UK to have nation state democracy and sovereignty while depriving other states of their sovereignty by placing them in a British Empire. I would, however, like to see greater links with the Commonwealth, following a 'trade not aid' programme where we encourage free trade within the Commonwealth are to the enrichment of all members, especially the poorest.
    Why focus on the commonwealth? And like I said above I don't think anyone believes that we could enslave all those countries again but you could certainly propose an EU like institution with pooled sovereignty with said nations.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The Finance Bill has failed and a conspiracy with UKIP has scandalised the government, I ask that the prime minister call a session of PMQs to defend his record.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    The Finance Bill has failed and a conspiracy with UKIP has scandalised the government, I ask that the prime minister call a session of PMQs to defend his record.
    Hear, hear. This farcical government is stumbling from failure to failure and it would be nice to hear the Prime Minister's plans for going forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Hear, hear. This farcical government is stumbling from failure to failure and it would be nice to hear the Prime Minister's plans for going forward.
    I hope the Chancellor will resign. I think otherwise there should be a motion to halve his salary- the Parliamentary way of expressing no confidence in an individual minister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I hope the Chancellor will resign. I think otherwise there should be a motion to halve his salary- the Parliamentary way of expressing no confidence in an individual minister.
    Or you could just express no confidence in the chancellor by calling a Vote of No Confidence?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    Or you could just express no confidence in the chancellor by calling a Vote of No Confidence?
    Can only do that in the government and there's no point in either because they are calling the election soon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Keep your ears open, an impending official announcement that will generate shock, awe and cause you all to bow before the brilliance of the government.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Keep your ears open, an impending official announcement that will generate shock, awe and cause you all to bow before the brilliance of the government.
    Election or you're PM again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it and I am not going to bow or curtsey. I will save that for any time I meet the Queen if ever that happens.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess, you've knocked down the Palace of Westminster and replaced it with a massive statue of Margaret Thatcher?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess, you've knocked down the Palace of Westminster and replaced it with a massive statue of Margaret Thatcher?
    Pretty sure this massive statue could be placed elsewhere. I propose the Falklands and made large enough to be seen from Buenos Aires.

ReputationRep:
    You've finally solved the Prime Minister's rectal issues? I gotta say the bar was starting to stink a bit.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    [

Her Majesty's most loyal government is hereby pleased to announce that the former Prime Minister Rakas is hereby appointed Secretary Of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    [

Her Majesty's most loyal government is hereby pleased to announce that the former Prime Minister Rakas is hereby appointed Secretary Of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.
    So no early elections?

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask the new Foreign Secretary his memories of the late Shimon Peres?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Can I ask the new Foreign Secretary his memories of the late Shimon Peres?
    I express great sympathies for our Isreali allies in these much more uncertain and conflicting times.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.