Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabby3457)
    luckily i just about got finished but i thought it was hard enough, it was deadly length wise though :L
    It was never ending😭 Also the migration case study we only learnt about the donor country not the host country so I had no idea what to write for it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackcoys)
    Physics Chemistry and Biology Unit 2 TA coming up. Anyone done anything for Physics on the 24th? Haven't even started.
    I haven't opened physics since April so I'm screwed😂

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have Further Maths next thursday?

ReputationRep:
    I have further maths unit 1 next Thursday. How are you feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shialabeouf)
    How is everyone revising for Moving Image Arts? Our teacher hasn't covered any theory at all and tbh I'm kinda dreading it.
    i'm just winging it :/ our teacher didn't do theory either!

ReputationRep:
    Also doing Further Maths next week! Actually feeling pretty good about it (for the first time ever - pure is the worst for me)

ReputationRep:
    I just hate the stuff about forming and solving equations- I never get them right!😭Although we did a mock today and it was actually okay. I hope we get those simultaneous equations with 3 unknowns!!!😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmck99)
    Also doing Further Maths next week! Actually feeling pretty good about it (for the first time ever - pure is the worst for me)
    Im the opposite I find mechanics and statistics worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemnerd4life)
    Im the opposite I find mechanics and statistics worse
    haven't even started looking at stats and mechanics yet had to re-teach myself all pure due to having the worst maths teacher in the school

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for Biology on Friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmck99)
    haven't even started looking at stats and mechanics yet had to re-teach myself all pure due to having the worst maths teacher in the school
    I've harp pretty much teach myself the whole course, my maths teacher doesn't teach us anything. He goes that fast through topics and half the class don't even know what's going on 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrynerd13)
    I just hate the stuff about forming and solving equations- I never get them right!😭Although we did a mock today and it was actually okay. I hope we get those simultaneous equations with 3 unknowns!!!😊
    Yes me too, an easy 9 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemnerd4life)
    Anyone have Further Maths next thursday?
    I have it! I'm good with pure, it's just mechanics and stats I'm scared for as I can't do any of it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bslevin)
    Anyone for Biology on Friday?
    Yeah I'm dreading it! What do you think will be on it?!

ReputationRep:
    I've got further maths on thursday. I hope we don't get f*cked over like the A level people! Im pretty good at Pure but Mech/Stats could literally fall either way. (pardon the pun)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rl15)
    I have it! I'm good with pure, it's just mechanics and stats I'm scared for as I can't do any of it!!
    haha me either 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rl15)
    Yeah I'm dreading it! What do you think will be on it?!
    i think all the basics always come up you know genetic engineering, and the whole plasmid crap will be up, not sure what the six marker will be on this year though? Perhaps osmosis or natural selection??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackcoys)
    Physics Chemistry and Biology Unit 2 TA coming up. Anyone done anything for Physics on the 24th? Haven't even started.
    Nope. Just hoping I'll get some revision done for it. You ready for Biology tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrynerd13)
    I have further maths unit 1 next Thursday. How are you feeling about it?
    Haven't even looked at it yet... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoNinty)
    that geography exam was... weird. i dont know how to describe it. part of me is thinking about how hard it is and the other part of me is also thinking about how it wasn't that bad. i remember thinking to myself 'dear god this is terrible' in the middle of it. i wasn't too pressed for time, although i do remember writing pretty furiously throughout.

there were a lot of questions that were vague, i agree. like the one on the graph and age dependency, well what age groups on the graph are the aged dependents? i didnt want to have to add up all of the percentages of both genders for age groups from 60-85, so i just did 85+. it would've been nice if they'd have told us. that aid question was weird as well. i had some stock standard benefits and drawbacks of aid to LEDCs, so I was able to remember two of those. we didn't have any place names though, so I just threw in a random LEDC.

at least that's geography over. both papers were pretty mediocre and honestly paper 1 still gives me PTSD. many found it easy but I think I kinda screwed up on a question or two :s my controlled assessment mark was really good though, so hopefully that helps out. little scared.

i still don't know how to feel. roll on biology and business studies (also along with the 5 other exams i have left after those) (im gonna commit)

**ALSO HELLO HISTORY PEOPLE:** im unsure if this is true but i heard from a friend in school today that the grade boundaries for history will be lower since we're the first students doing the new spec. im not sure if this is true (if anyone could confirm that'd be nice) but if is indeed true then that's great.
    You have 5 exams, most of my friends have 3 or 4 and I'm sat in the corner shaking... I have 10 left. Ccea is killing me right now. Also, I completely read that aged dependent question wrong. I was too frantic and wrote about the whole graph. When I realised, I near died in my chair!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.