Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    But that's a dimension, right? A value of height?

This is a positive constant
    Yeah but you needed to use g to get it. So wouldn't it be 3sf max?

ReputationRep:
    Right now Im just getting worried for no reason. Just want reinsurance. So was the question about power 800kg and sin theta was 1/20 isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    so r we wrong??? Because other people said it's fraction
    (Original post by Linjingyu)
    why did i get 15 for question 1 b?did anyone get different answer?

ReputationRep:
    can someone please post a picture with the worked solution to question 4?? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So I'm supposed to be revising for C3, but I remembered all the questions from 1-6. I'm really sad, sorry. If anyone remembers Q7 holla at me.

I hope that these are right, but remember, I'm a student just like you guys!

If you have any questions let me know.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaleesi98)
    Ok so I've got 95 UMS in D2 from last year, and ~60 raw marks in both FP2 & M2.
    Hoping an A* is still possible if I smash S2 ☺️ what do people think? x
    In the exact same position ! Though I think my FP2 was slightly lower and M2 Slightly higher. I think it's still possible !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone just tell me how r we meant to do for question 1b because I integrate from 0 to 3 and I got 15,but it seems like it's wrong!!!
    They all got 11/3?? How???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    When is Arsey releasing a model answers?
    arsey has said he is no longer doing them because the exam board asked him not to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linjingyu)
    why did i get 15 for question 1 b?did anyone get different answer?
    I got 15 too but what u had to do is work out the displacement between t=2 and t=3 because it said in the third second. Annoying question yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Yeah but you needed to use g to get it. So wouldn't it be 3sf max?
    I think I know what your friend's talking about but since the below MS allows 40/g for a positive constant (this was on a June 2015) question, and g is taken always as 9.8, then why would replacing g with the value they give for g suddenly give you the wrong answer?

ReputationRep:
    For the power question I got the right simultaneous equations but typed in the wrong numbers in the calculator coz I'm an idiot. So I got the values of P and R wrong even though my working is completely correct. How many marks would I lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathlete2198)
    Hi guys,

So I'm supposed to be revising for C3, but I remembered all the questions from 1-6. I'm really sad, sorry. If anyone remembers Q7 holla at me.

Question 6 last part is the angle is below the horizontal. I think everything else is right

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Beautiful. Thank you.

Does 6 marks for question 3 seem particularly generous to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharpCharlie)
    Attachment 551936551938 Question 7
    Can you do the same for question 4 please?? The one about the centre of mass, that would really help

ReputationRep:
    I think I know what your friend's talking about but since the below MS allows 40/g for a positive constant (this was on a June 2015) question, and g is taken always as 9.8, then why would replacing g with the value they give for g suddenly give you the wrong answer?

Their value of g is accurate to 2sf (well for some parts of the world? For you to be able to leave it as a positive constant it would have to have g in the answer but since 30/7 has no g value and we used g in the suvat equations, we can only leave it to 3sf max. I'm hoping you're right because I left it as 30/7. What did everyone else leave it as?

ReputationRep:
    You need 3 A2 modules to average 90 (all those you have named count). D2 FP2 and M2 wouldn't get you an A* . You need to score quite high in S2 to get an A*
    (Original post by CSLady)
    In the exact same position ! Though I think my FP2 was slightly lower and M2 Slightly higher. I think it's still possible !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I feel like S2 is going to need to be ~100 UMS but if the consensus is that it's still possible then that's good motivation 😊 good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Their value of g is accurate to 2sf (well for some parts of the world? For you to be able to leave it as a positive constant it would have to have g in the answer but since 30/7 has no g value and we used g in the suvat equations, we can only leave it to 3sf max. I'm hoping you're right because I left it as 30/7. What did everyone else leave it as?
    I know noone irl who left it to a rounded answer. I know this obviously would be marked wrong in physics but I am 95% sure it's fine in maths

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

For question 6 you say the angle was 73 degrees but your diagram makes it look like it was 73 degrees upwards. I think it was 73 degrees downwards because I think the vertical velocity at A was -10ms^-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaleesi98)
    Yeah I feel like S2 is going to need to be ~100 UMS but if the consensus is that it's still possible then that's good motivation 😊 good luck! x
    Thanks - and you. Anything's possible!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Was the com question in metres or centimetres? Would you lose a mark for using m as a unit instead of cm?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.