Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    Page 45 of the leftist handbook, when a valid point is raised, resort to personal attacks.

At least the days of the welfare state are limited, as thanks to migration, it will collapse in the medium future .
    Nothing personal. You could be a student or whatever...considering this is a student site

As I said before, only a person without a decent job would consider that the welfare state is a alternative to having a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anno007)
    Clearly? Were you there or do you have any evidence whatsoever which suggests that he planned to kill her? Mairs is mentally ill - only an idiot would expect him to behave rationally in such a situation. Maybe they should hire you to analyse why these violent insane people behave as they do. You don't know what happened or why, and you are being disingenuous thusly.

If evidence comes up which shows that this was indeed a political killing, then I will change my mind. As is stands, it is hard to call this a terrorist attack without any evidence. It is not my opinion that this was not a terrorist attack - there is simply not sufficient evidence to suggest that it was.
    Hahahaha..

I love how you just pick and chose your evidence.

The only known mental illness is OCD. That doesn't cause you to kill someone unless you want to scrub them to death.

As I said before, he happened to be standing outside the same place that she has a constituency meeting every week. He didn't shoot the guy. He shot her and then stabbed her. Sounds pretty targeted to me.

Yorkshire police have already said it is a targeted attack as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Nothing personal. You could be a student or whatever...considering this is a student site

As I said before, only a person without a decent job would consider that the welfare state is a alternative to having a job.
    It has been proven to be better than having a job, depending on an individuals skill level, common sense also shows that.

A migrate can earn far more money on welfare and have a much higher standard of living, compared to working in their own country (depending on where they are from). That is a fact, although I would not expect a leftist to understand, they are not the greatest at handling money / finances.

ReputationRep:
    It has been proven to be better than having a job, depending on an individuals skill level, common sense also shows that.

A migrate can earn far more money on welfare and have a much higher standard of living, compared to working in their own country (depending on where they are from). That is a fact, although I would not expect a leftist to understand, they are not the greatest at handling money / finances.
    Proven to be better than a job without providing any proof.

Excellent.

Lol. I like that last part. How is a refugee from Germany going to earn way more by being a welfare migrant than having a job?

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha..

I love how you just pick and chose your evidence.

The only known mental illness is OCD. That doesn't cause you to kill someone unless you want to scrub them to death.

As I said before, he happened to be standing outside the same place that she has a constituency meeting every week. He didn't shoot the guy. He shot her and then stabbed her. Sounds pretty targeted to me.

Yorkshire police have already said it is a targeted attack as well.
    Yorkshire police have said that they have yet to establish the motive of the attack. They have not said that it was politically motivated. I'm not saying that this wasn't a targeted attack - only that we do not have evidence to call this a terrorist attack, or a politically motivated attack.

Ergo, you've said nothing relevant.

ReputationRep:
    Proven to be better than a job without providing any proof.

Excellent.

Lol. I like that last part. How is a refugee from Germany going to earn way more by being a welfare migrant than having a job?
    Average salary in Pakistan - $178 a month.That figure is PPP, so in reality, it is much much less.

Job seekers allowance pays more than £280 a month, plus a house, free medical expenses etc.

This is just Pakistan, I could have picked a country with a much lower income, of which there are many.

You leftists really don't have a clue.

ReputationRep:
    Average salary in Pakistan - $178 a month.That figure is PPP, so in reality, it is much much less.

Job seekers allowance pays more than £280 a month, plus a house, free medical expenses etc.

This is just Pakistan, I could have picked a country with a much lower income, of which there are many.

You leftists really don't have a clue.
    Try remembering what you are talking about.

We are talking about refugees who settle in the EU, get an EU passport and then come across the border.

That is why I said why would a Refugee get an EU passport in Germany after working for years so he can come to the UK to get welfare.

It makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    Try remembering what you are talking about.

We are talking about refugees who settle in the EU, get an EU passport and then come across the border.

That is why I said why would a Refugee get an EU passport in Germany after working for years so he can come to the UK to get welfare.

It makes no sense.
    They may already have family in the UK, they may believe that there is a better living standard for them, Germany may reduce their welfare payments (which they will have to do if the current trend continues, which I think it will).
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Remain odds have improved since Jo Cox's death.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 21.30.00.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  144.9 KB

Now 64 : 36 - after having narrowed to 58 :42

ReputationRep:
    They may already have family in the UK, they may believe that there is a better living standard for them, Germany may reduce their welfare payments (which they will have to do if the current trend continues, which I think it will).
    You can't get Citizenship or a passport without a job.

Therefore, if you are on the German welfare system, you can't then move to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Remain odds have improved since Jo Cox's death.Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 21.30.00.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  144.9 KBNow 64 : 36 - after having narrowed to 58 :42
    I don't know how much I would use odds in this case. As for something such as this, people may bet on the outcome that they don't want. For example someone who wants to leave could bet on staying, so that at least if the result is bad, he or she wins a lot of money, or if the result is to leave, he or she would happily lose that money, as they are pleased with the result.

ReputationRep:
    You can't get Citizenship or a passport without a job.

Therefore, if you are on the German welfare system, you can't then move to the UK.

You do realise that rules can change right? Also, your beloved EU is trying to force other nations to take the migrants, such nations as a work around could well accept them and then give them citizenship, knowing that they will leave their country as soon as they get the chance to.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that rules can change right? Also, your beloved EU is trying to force other nations to take the migrants, such nations as a work around could well accept them and then give them citizenship, knowing that they will leave their country as soon as they get the chance to.
    I don't see any reason why they would change the rules. No one has proposed a change to the rule.

Lol. I wish racist Eastern Europeans were that smart.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see any reason why they would change the rules. No one has proposed a change to the rule.Lol. I wish racist Eastern Europeans were that smart.
    A pretty obvious reason, to get rid of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viddy9)
    This was a terrorist attack committed by a right-wing, nativist extremist. This despicable man had links to at least two far-right organisations, had Nazi objects inside his house, and the police are saying that his far-right links are a "priority line of inquiry".

According to the police, this was an "isolated but targeted" attack, and witnesses are understood to have confirmed that he shouted "Britain first" or "put Britain first".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ine-of-inquiry
    Yes, I've seen the Yorkshire police press release. Priority line of inquiry means that they don't know. Therefore you don't know, and I don't know. Therefore we cannot make, with any validity, assertions about his motives. I've already addressed the other points you made. Please read my comments.

ReputationRep:
    A pretty obvious reason, to get rid of them.
    Except that they haven't done that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've seen the Yorkshire police press release. Priority line of inquiry means that they don't know. Therefore you don't know, and I don't know. Therefore we cannot make, with any validity, assertions about his motives. I've already addressed the other points you made. Please read my comments.
    Yeh, it didn't stop you from making assertions about his mental health from causing him to kill someone.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see any reason why they would change the rules. No one has proposed a change to the rule.
    You don't see any reason why they would change the rules? I see a lot of reasons.

The main ones being that these countries can give citizenship and a passport to anyone they choose, and knowing that these people want to get to countries like France and Britain they could simply give them their citizenship, maybe even buy them a bus ticket, and send them on their way.

Quick and easy way to get rid of them

ReputationRep:
    Except that they haven't done that.
    I have clearly won the point, so you are now admitting that they can do that, now you have switched to that they have not done it yet, which is true.That is because they still have Merkel at the helm with her naïve idealistic view that these people are going to become like regular German citizens and all get jobs at a rate no different to the ethnic population, which isn't going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    We can make reasonable inferences. Two new witnesses have confirmed he was screaming "put Britain first". Tally that with what we know about his neo-Nazi connections and it's not hard to make a logical inference about his motivations.

Just as it wasn't hard to deduce the motivations of the Orlando terrorist once we found out he'd pledged allegiance to ISIS and had previously been investigated for his relationship with Islamic extremists

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.