The NBA 2016-17 Thread - Season begins tonight!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    I didn't say he's better than MJ...
    Neither did I :p: You highlighted where I said he's comparable, style of game yeah, his legacy and greatness no. If you think he's comparable. I've already said he's a poor mans MJ

But top 10 is subjective to a degree and he has his own FMVPs so that's at your discretion I suppose, I just personally can't think of anyone I'd knock down a peg for Kobe

ReputationRep:
    Lebron as a player id say is the GOAT. The problem with him is he doesnt have the achievements to back it up. If lebron had 6 rings he'd be the goat. This is coming from a Lebron hater. Cant forgive him for 2012.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MamzZass)
    Lebron as a player id say is the GOAT. The problem with him is he doesnt have the achievements to back it up. If lebron had 6 rings he'd be the goat. This is coming from a Lebron hater. Cant forgive him for 2012.
    you mean 2011?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    you mean 2011?
    ...all im saying is that okc got robbed.

ReputationRep:
    I am back from Italy and I return to see..a Kobe/MJ discussion. Oh you guys, can't leave you for 5 minutes eh

(Original post by zionpower)
    and Hey, I'm a Knicks Fan.
    Hey zion man, good to have you back in the thread.
    (Original post by eden3)
    Nah mate, I think there's another team that stripped you and OKC of the title of being ultimate chokers *cough* Golden State *cough*
    Nah, it's definitely still LA 'Can't get past the 2nd round ever' Clippers.
    (Original post by theonecenter)
    I'm personally a Golden State Warriors fan, I've been watching Steph since about 2011, and the guy is literally tearing up the league, I don't think I've ever witnessed a better 3pt shooter than him.But I have to say he's got some serious competition, and the main person I had in mind is LeBron James of the Cavs
    Another Dubs fan. Makes 3 of us!

ReputationRep:
    Clippers are the biggest chokers by far.

They're basically Arsenal in the Champions league getting knocked out in the second round all the time but managing to qualify for the knockout stages.

The Rockets choke 2 years ago :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Good to see you back bro!

I was gonna continue the MJ/Kobe debate with Aristotle (was very tempted to ) but then I realised we would honestly just be going around in circles :lol: plus ain't nobody wanna see that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    I am back from Italy and I return to see..a Kobe/MJ discussion. Oh you guys, can't leave you for 5 minutes eh
    Ello, hope you had a good time. The sooner people stop mentioning Kobe in the same breath the sooner I can stop refreshing

(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Clippers are the biggest chokers by far.

They're basically Arsenal in the Champions league getting knocked out in the second round all the time but managing to qualify for the knockout stages.

The Rockets choke 2 years ago :facepalm:
    True that ultimate chokers, they blew like a 35 point lead WTF?! Should have been champions tbh, I'd have had them over GS coming out of the West if they hadn't completely flopped.

(Original post by eden3)
    Good to see you back bro!

I was gonna continue the MJ/Kobe debate with Aristotle (was very tempted to ) but then I realised we would honestly just be going around in circles :lol: plus ain't nobody wanna see that

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MamzZass)
    Rings won't make u be the GOAT. Charles Barkley top 3 best PF of all time, has no ring same to Malone.
    Bill Russell has 11 rings, is he the GOAT? No.
    LeBron is not yet the GOAT because he did not dominate some important games such as in Finals. But Jordan did it all.

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie after Lebron's 3rd ring I now have him above Kobe the way the Cavs played and the performance he put up... I can't ignore that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if LeBron is above Kobe already. but LeBron will be above him at the end of his career

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zionpower)
    Rings won't make u be the GOAT. Charles Barkley top 3 best PF of all time, has no ring same to Malone.
    Bill Russell has 11 rings, is he the GOAT? No.
    LeBron is not yet the GOAT because he did not dominate some important games such as in Finals. But Jordan did it all.

LeBron is already top 5, 1 more and he surpasses Magic.

ReputationRep:
    Also LeBron already > Bird.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOL Savage

http://www.people.com/article/kareem...nal-convention

ReputationRep:
    Ah I saw this that was so jokes :p:

(Original post by eden3)
    Also LeBron already > Bird.
    I still have a lot of respect for Bird because he didn't have a physical edge at all in his game. His IQ must have been through the roof to have been so competitive in such a great era.

ReputationRep:
    Lowest I could rank James now is top 5. Question is where he ends up in that. I think for sure by the end of his career it'll be at the very least top 3 with Jordan and Kareem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryci)
    Lowest I could rank James now is top 5. Question is where he ends up in that. I think for sure by the end of his career it'll be at the very least top 3 with Jordan and Kareem.
    Imo Lebron is at 3. Who is above him aside from Jordan and Kareem do you think?

It's also very conceivable that Lebron will end up with the most points of all time, which would certainly put up to #2.

ReputationRep:

It's also very conceivable that Lebron will end up with the most points of all time, which would certainly put up to #2.
    I personally have him at 3 too its just some of the older folk i know have Russell and Magic at 3 and 4 so thats why I said the top 5 at least thing.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I have Jordan, Magic, LeBron as my top 3 atm. 70's simply wasn't as tough of an era for Kareem to be rated so high, infact the only other name which your average ball fan will actually be aware of as a great is Dr J. And not to mention Magic carried Kareem to his final 2 chips, whilst setting the standard for PGs and finals runs that holds to this day.

(Original post by Bryci)
    I personally have him at 3 too its just some of the older folk i know have Russell and Magic at 3 and 4 so thats why I said the top 5 at least thing.
    I have Hakeem ahead of Kareem and Russell, he played with junk and completely dominated. It's really hard not to put Timmy up there too, although that would pretty much create my GOAT team.

PG; Magic
    SG; Jordan
    SF; LeBron
    PF; Timmy
    C; Hakeem

(Original post by Bryci)

Yeah I think the jump to 2 is relatively small, Jordan dominated at the right time though so unless he can win a few more at least it's tough, although the road to MVP is wide open for him now with Curry and Durant on the same team so that's something.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.