The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2016/17

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Could do with an Aguero ban tbh - everybody wildcarding will keep him if he doesn't which mean it almost makes sense to wildcard otherwise I'm going to get left behind with no Sterling or Sanchez etc.

For all those on a wildcard, just try to make some money. Look at FPLstatistics.*
    Problem is wildcard transfers don't count towards price rises/falls and absolutely everyone is playing their WC. So these places aren't going to be as accurate as they normally are.

Curiously enough, Aguero is close to rising again despite his possible ban. I wish they'd hurry up and announce what's happening with him, Lamela and Gray.

ReputationRep:
    Just done Tadic to Sterling. Of course if Aguero and Gray get banned I'll be forced to either wildcard or take a hit or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    Just done Tadic to Sterling. Of course if Aguero and Gray get banned I'll be forced to either wildcard or take a hit or two.
    Probably would've been a better idea to wait until after internationals.

Yeah you might miss price changes but that's nothing compared to the headache of an unforeseen injury.

If Aguero gets banned, I might end up using my wildcard :/

ReputationRep:
    Aguero is injured again. Just get rid tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero is injured again. Just get rid tbh.
    I don't believe he's injured. It's probably Pep wanting him fresh for the derby just in case he doesn't get banned.

I did an experiment draft without him this morning and the difference is ridiculous, gives me a midfield of Ozil Firmino Hazard and Sterling plus a good balanced defence and forward line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I don't believe he's injured. It's probably Pep wanting him fresh for the derby just in case he doesn't get banned.

I did an experiment draft without him this morning and the difference is ridiculous, gives me a midfield of Ozil Firmino Hazard and Sterling plus a good balanced defence and forward line.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've been thinking about that. If I went Costa and Kane (who I think will come good), instead of Aguero and Ibrahimovic I could have a ridiculous midfield and a good 3rd striker. It's tempting but I know the game I drop Aguero he'll grab 5 and I'll be out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    I've been thinking about that. If I went Costa and Kane (who I think will come good), instead of Aguero and Ibrahimovic I could have a ridiculous midfield and a good 3rd striker. It's tempting but I know the game I drop Aguero he'll grab 5 and I'll be out of it.
    I don't want Costa, rarely assists and picks up too many YC's plus Chelsea have difficult fixtures upcoming.

Everton have incredible fixtures but Lukaku is far too frustrating to own as an FPL player. Not going near him again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Both were up around 55% so you can't really go without either of them, tbh.*

Well, obviously it's different now. Aguero is a must when fit. When he scored 5 it was on the back of a few blanks, I think.

Kane looks awful this season. Costa has returns in every game but the YCs will become annoying. Giroud worth a shout as a temporary replacement. Lukaku has no goals in 11 games.

* Basically, I just like the home rotation between Aguero and Ibra. It's good for 25 goals.*

ReputationRep:
    Both were up around 55% so you can't really go without either of them, tbh.*

Well, obviously it's different now. Aguero is a must when fit. When he scored 5 it was on the back of a few blanks, I think.

Kane looks awful this season. Costa has returns in every game but the YCs will become annoying. Giroud worth a shout as a temporary replacement. Lukaku has no goals in 11 games.

* Basically, I just like the home rotation between Aguero and Ibra. It's good for 25 goals.*
    True, having Aguero is more of a defence than an attack. That's what ended it for me last year, I dropped Aguero the day he scored 5.

I currently have Aguero and Gray so I'm thinking with the way the fixtures are looking of going Lukaku and Kane, even though both have blanked so far. Lukaku due one of his spells and Kane's got too much class and his positioning is too good for him not to score. That's if they both get banned, however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Probably would've been a better idea to wait until after internationals.

Yeah you might miss price changes but that's nothing compared to the headache of an unforeseen injury.

If Aguero gets banned, I might end up using my wildcard :/
    True but if prices change too much, IE Tadic down and Sterling up then I couldn't make the transfer as I only have 0.2 left.

I'll probably hit the wildcard too if Aguero gets banned.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty pleased I saved my transfer this week. Means if Aguero gets his 3 match ban I can sell him for a cheaper striker and sign a better midfielder like Ozil, maybe Sterling or Sanchez. Then wildcard when he is due to come bacl

ReputationRep:
    Aguero almost certainly set to be banned after that ref report. Stuani and Aguero out, Kane and Benteke in.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero charged tor the incident.

ReputationRep:
    It's almost a relief when Aguero gets banned/injured because it means you have so much more money to play around with without being nervous about him scoring 5...

Gonna play my WC for sure. At least I can change who I want regardless of injury now.

ReputationRep:
    It's only a two match PL ban if he gets it. Hardly worth restructuring the team for it, especially if you own Ibra already and have a decent captain option. There's no way i'm going without him. Ibra looks a season keeper but going without Aguero in the first half of the season is suicide

ReputationRep:
    Why wildcard a player out? Surely it makes sense to wildcard him in?

Selling Aguero for a hit this week. Then using WC to get him back in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    It's only a two match PL ban if he gets it. Hardly worth restructuring the team for it, especially if you own Ibra already and have a decent captain option. There's no way i'm going without him. Ibra looks a season keeper but going without Aguero in the first half of the season is suicide
    The main reason is because I have about 4 players injured at the same time too.

I'll wait until after internationals; if injuries look better I might just settle for a few FTs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Why wildcard a player out? Surely it makes sense to wildcard him in?

Selling Aguero for a hit this week. Then using WC to get him back in.
    I agree with this, but then I've got a nice squad already. Aguero and Lamela to Benteke and Sanchez, and then wildcard Aguero back in. If you wildcard now it'll cost at least a -4 to get him back, if not -8.

Aguero will have a selling price of 13.0 for virtually everyone, so it's fine to keep hold of for at least 5 days. At most you'll lose 0.1 in him because he won't go down 0.3 before Friday week. Plus it reduces risk because of injuries.

I bloody hate early transfers. Reckon I've made about one or two a season on average. Wouldn't recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this, but then I've got a nice squad already. Aguero and Lamela to Benteke and Sanchez, and then wildcard Aguero back in. If you wildcard now it'll cost at least a -4 to get him back, if not -8.
    Yes, I can afford a -4 now when the prices are likely to be unaffected due to everyone WCing.

Currently looking at Aguero and Tadic to Lukaku and Sanchez for -4. If Gray is banned then I'll swap him to Bentekkers for -8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Yes, I can afford a -4 now when the prices are likely to be unaffected due to everyone WCing.

Currently looking at Aguero and Tadic to Lukaku and Sanchez for -4. If Gray is banned then I'll swap him to Bentekkers for -8.
    Why do you prefer Lukaku to Benteke?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.