The Commons Bar Mk XIII - MHoC Chat Thread

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Dave is resigning as an MP...

Doesn't have to support the Prime Minister in the house or vote against the Government....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Doesn't have to support the Prime Minister in the house or vote against the Government....
    Are you suggesting that he is leaving because he doesn't support the government?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Are you suggesting that he is leaving because he doesn't support the government?

How do I know?! Just citing possible reasons why....

ReputationRep:
    Gutted that my ward will no longer be in my CLP, was the one thing I was hoping wouldn't change. In better news Boris' majority will be hit and hopefully hard by having two solid labour wards added to his seat in place of a solid tory and a marginal.

ReputationRep:
    One thing we do now know is that whoever is elected Labour leader is going to have their seat abolished. In Lonon it looks like a bit of a chain reaction but Pontypridd has been brutally split in two and divided between Rhondda and Cynon Valley.

Some really weird seats north of the Valleys as well, including my own proposed seat of South Clwyd and North Montgomeryshire, which includes wards from 5 of Wales's 22 local authority areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    One thing we do now know is that whoever is elected Labour leader is going to have their seat abolished. In Lonon it looks like a bit of a chain reaction but Pontypridd has been brutally split in two and divided between Rhondda and Cynon Valley.

Some really weird seats north of the Valleys as well, including my own proposed seat of South Clwyd and North Montgomeryshire, which includes wards from 5 of Wales's 22 local authority areas.
    Who has the wards. I think Clwyd is one of the seats which is going blue at the next election (or was).

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody find me a boundary breakdown for West Yorkshire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Can anybody find me a boundary breakdown for West Yorkshire?
    You can find the changes here

Just found out my current constituency will be expanded but my village will move to my " next door " constituency as that one also expands
    That means I have a new MP Hopefully Andrew Murrison who was until last year Minster of state for NI and International security

ReputationRep:
    Who has the wards. I think Clwyd is one of the seats which is going blue at the next election (or was).
    In terms of local authorities? Powys, Gwynedd, Denbighshire, Conwy and Wrexham.

Clwyd West and Vale of Clwyd are already Tory, Clwyd South is a relatively comfortable Labour seat. This new constituency has the northern half of Montgomeryshire (which in my experience leans Liberal, with southern Montgomeryshire leaning Tory), Bala from Dwyfor Meirionnydd, the western half of Clwyd South, the southern half of Clwyd West and a little bit of the Vale of Clwyd. I imagine it will go Tory.

I also wonder whether North Clwyd and Gwynedd could be a fairly close fight between Plaid and the Tories as well, with an interesting mix of Plaid-held Arfon and Dwyfor Meirionnydd and Tory-held Aberconwy and Clwyd West.

Conwy and Colwyn could well turn out as a Labour-Tory marginal as well, with what are surely the most Labour parts of Aberconwy and Clwyd West in the bigger towns along the coast.

ReputationRep:
    The reshuffle is pretty blatant gerrymandering tbh. Scummy move in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    The reshuffle is pretty blatant gerrymandering tbh. Scummy move in general.
    No government approves a boundary change without a net gain for them. Labour will do the same should they ever get into power.

ReputationRep:
    No government approves a boundary change without a net gain for them. Labour will do the same should they ever get into power.
    Possibly, but manipulating the register + reducing the number of MPs are two things which are just obviously bad for the country's politics in general. Hopefully at least some of the Tory MPs who are losing their seats rebel and it fails.

ReputationRep:
    Hello from the south of France. Heard about the heavens opening in Manchester. At least a valid reason unlike the manufactured ones used last year by Man U.

More about Princess Charlotte than UK politics so far I have found here.*

ReputationRep:
    i shuold settle confusino. if jammy (duel) says something- jsut agreewith him. don't argue. ever.

He. Is. Always.Right.

ReputationRep:
    Some notional results for new boundaries in Wales:

Seat totals:
    Labour 18 (–7)
    Conservatives 7 (–4)
    Plaid Cymru 3 (nc)
    Liberal Democrats 1 (nc)

Seats in ascending order by majority size:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Some notional results for new boundaries in Wales:

Seat totals:
    Labour 18 (–7)
    Conservatives 7 (–4)
    Plaid Cymru 3 (nc)
    Liberal Democrats 1 (nc)

Seats in ascending order by majority size:
    Based on 2015 i assume?

When you factor in a universal swing from 2015 to reflect say a 10% Tory win nationally (a 3% swing from Lab to Con) then there's a fair chance that come 2020 you'd find Cardiff, Wrexham, Flint and Gower going blue.

ReputationRep:
    Based on 2015 i assume?

When you factor in a universal swing from 2015 to reflect say a 10% Tory win nationally (a 3% swing from Lab to Con) then there's a fair chance that come 2020 you'd find Cardiff, Wrexham, Flint and Gower going blue.
    I presume so, I stole the figures from UK Polling Report.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like my compass has shifted abit

https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=2.5&soc=0.56

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Looks like my compass has shifted abit

https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=2.5&soc=0.56
    :lol: you moderate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    :lol: you moderate?
    Yes .....It Appears i'm shifting to the centre right which

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.