University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Coz lim jeck is so good we all fail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Are you implying that if you would've gone elsewhere you would succeed?
    who is dis guy if he so good why he no proffesor
    I have no idea who lim jeck is but theres a lim jeck on fb with a rubiks cube variant as his profile pic so he must be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    To be fair, 'ceremony' is bigging it up rather. Each College does their own thing, but in very few is there any grandeur other than wearing a gown. In most its purely administrative - you sit through a series of lectures which are basically all titled either Behave! or Work Hard! and during them, a clipboard is passed round which you sign, and lo you have matriculated. There is usually a meal afterwards, but it's pretty much the same as any other meal.
    A late thank you for a quick reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    You're most welcome.

You won't be invited to their matriculation, but you'll still gain a skill that's a parent for any other uni cannot get = Becoming a 3-D jigsaw puzzle expert by loading/unloading your car 2 x 3 terms x 3/4 years. ,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    I have no idea who lim jeck is but theres a lim jeck on fb with a rubiks cube variant as his profile pic so he must be good.
    Just an average imoer.
    https://www.imo-official.org/partici....aspx?id=18627

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell

I wanna start a society called 'The Cambridge Arschloch Society'. The details are still being thought out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    I wanna start a society called 'The Cambridge Arschloch Society'. The details are still being thought out.
    ask bruno for advice

ReputationRep:
    what college is he in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingRS)
    what college is he in?
    What do you think? He'll be starting at Trinity this October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    What do you think? He'll be starting at Trinity this October.
    I'm feeling a bit out of my depth to be honest...

talk of this lim guy is starting to scare me too now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValerieKR)
    I'm feeling a bit out of my depth to be honest...
    Don't worry about it, you do your thaaang and you'll get along just fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Don't worry about it, you do your thaaang and you'll get along just fine!
    I think we may be fitting into the college archetypes a little too well ^.^

(But seriously how am I supposed to stand a chance at senior wrangler with colleagues like that? :O )

I've been reading up on Ramanujan as well - it's not been helping my confidence :s

But that's shouting at the stars! Let's take the situation as the incredible one it is, target the moon and make the most of every impossible moment!

ReputationRep:
    He went to the IMO more times then I have been cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Dw bout lim jeck.
    There is another one called Alex Gunning coming too
    Don't forget the UK IMOers aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3LLI5)
    They're going to notice. Obviously the best solution is to try and get it sorted out before you get there. In terms of what the college will do, I'm not entirely sure, I would highly doubt they would kick you out, the worst they could do would probably be make you intermit a year in order to sort it out, in which case you wouldn't need to reapply, you'd just have the year out.

Have you spoken to your gp about trying to sort it out?
    You're clever enough to study at Cambridge, yet you think someone can "sort out" their anorexia within a month.

Hmm. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    One info for matriculation dress code to female fresher-to be...........(and physicsmaths if he's still planning to wear dress)

At some colleges (only a few), they may ask you to wear either black or while under the gown for matriculation.
    Just noticed while browsing through my daughter's graduation year book (with group photos of all colleges on matriculation day), at a few colleges female students are all wearing either black or white, no other colou like other colleges.
    (Only noticed this because someone asked me about dress for formals a few days ago....)

I'm sure your college will tell you what to wear in a welcome pack you'll receive very shortly, but if you're planning to go shopping for a dress to take to Cambridge before it comes, please bear in mind this possibility.

ReputationRep:
    How old is this guy? I can't tell if he stopped doing imo after 2013 cus he was too old or he just found it too easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    One info for matriculation dress code to female fresher-to be...........(and physicsmaths if he's still planning to wear dress)

At some colleges (only a few), they may ask you to wear either black or while under the gown for matriculation.
    Just noticed while browsing through my daughter's graduation year book (with group photos of all colleges on matriculation day), at a few colleges female students are wearing either black or white.
    I'm sure your college will tell you what to wear in a welcome pack you'll receive very shortly, but if you're planning to go shopping for a dress to take to Cambridge before it comes, please bear in mind this possibility.
    the benefit of King's is that we dont have to bother with this gown stuff until we're there

ReputationRep:
    is freshers week fun at Cambridge or do students just start studying?
    and is it only within your college or do you get to interact with other colleges?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.