Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethanW)
    The linky thing wasn't working for me either, so I emailed [email protected] with my name, ID Number and room details
    alright then, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LooCee)
    I got mine today, Colman House CH26 Now to try and find other people in my flat!
    snappp yay! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by told)
    Constable Terrace, CT 10-19 - I think we're flatmates
    I guess so :yep:

Cannot wait- have you come across the facebook discussions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willr024)
    snappp yay! xx
    Woooo! What are you studying? Are you on facebook?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LooCee)
    Woooo! What are you studying? Are you on facebook?
    speech and language therapy, you?

yeah rosie williamson

xx

ReputationRep:
    Constable Terrace! : )

ReputationRep:
    1-9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UEAAccommodation)
    Fist batch of offers have gone out in the last half hour! Don't worry if you don't get one today though. We will be doing them all week!

Check your email boxes (remember to check your junk mail too). Hope you all get what you wanted.
    in the accomodation guide it says Browne and Kett are only avaliable to postgraduates, so howcome I've been placed in Browne??

ReputationRep:
    Got my accommodation offer today, CH11
    A bit confused tho as in my letter it says your arrival date is 22 september 2010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marta_k)
    Got my accommodation offer today, CH11
    A bit confused tho as in my letter it says your arrival date is 22 september 2010
    International Student? or maybe Nursing, they start earlier I think. :confused:

If not, at least you're there for the Karaoke night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASKDodge)
    International Student? or maybe Nursing, they start earlier I think. :confused:

If not, at least you're there for the Karaoke night
    Nope, home student and doing maths with computing :s

I should probably email them about that

ReputationRep:
    Nope, home student and doing maths with computing :s

I should probably email them about that
    Home student from the UK, or Home student from the EU? Coz as far as accommodation and processing is concerned, if you're coming from an EU country outside the UK, you're still an International student...just that you qualify for home/UK fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea86)
    Home student from the UK, or Home student from the EU? Coz as far as accommodation and processing is concerned, if you're coming from an EU country outside the UK, you're still an International student...just that you qualify for home/UK fees.
    Im from Ukraine and lived in england for 5 years :/ i had to fill out the form about that and than recieved an email saying: I am pleased to advise you that we will be classing you as a Home student.

ReputationRep:
    weres my acomodation ofer i been waitin ages now

ReputationRep:
    Im from Ukraine and lived in england for 5 years :/ i had to fill out the form about that and than recieved an email saying: I am pleased to advise you that we will be classing you as a Home student.
    Hmm then what I guess happened is this:
    1) Having lived in the UK for 5 years prior to the course starting, you probably qualified as a "home" student, and therefore your tuition fees etc will reflect a "home" status

2) Being a Ukranian national, either the staff, or the automated admissions system sent you accommodation/induction dates for International students which could be from anywhere in the world (except UK), whether they pay EU/UK home fees, or International fees.

Home/International have 2 definitions, one for frees, and one for actual nationality.

So, if you're currently in the UK and would like to arrive at UEA with other UK students, then I think contacting the school and accommodation office to explain the situation would suffice. I believe the accommodation office would be able to hold your room for a week upon your request. As far as the school is concerned, as long as you're there for your actual lectures, it shouldn't be a prob.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm then what I guess happened is this:
    1) Having lived in the UK for 5 years prior to the course starting, you probably qualified as a "home" student, and therefore your tuition fees etc will reflect a "home" status

2) Being a Ukranian national, either the staff, or the automated admissions system sent you accommodation/induction dates for International students which could be from anywhere in the world (except UK), whether they pay EU/UK home fees, or International fees.

Home/International have 2 definitions, one for frees, and one for actual nationality.

So, if you're currently in the UK and would like to arrive at UEA with other UK students, then I think contacting the school and accommodation office to explain the situation would suffice. I believe the accommodation office would be able to hold your room for a week upon your request. As far as the school is concerned, as long as you're there for your actual lectures, it shouldn't be a prob.

Thanks for your help
    I was just a bit worried that maybe they made a mistake and im going to have to pay international student fees :eek:
    As long as its not a mistake i dont really mind moving in erlier, infact i would prefer to move in on 22nd as im so excited i cant wait to get there

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help
    I was just a bit worried that maybe they made a mistake and im going to have to pay international student fees :eek:
    As long as its not a mistake i dont really mind moving in erlier, infact i would prefer to move in on 22nd as im so excited i cant wait to get there
    You're welcome! No need to worry, there's what is called a "3 year residence criteria" - which you have fulfilled (by living there for 5!) - and fees become "home" status as a result

I'll be coming to UEA on the 22nd from Malta. I'm excited as well - and very much scared that it's gonna be hard starting a new life, and making some good new friends and all....but if everybody there is as nice and friendly as on these threads, then it should be ok! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnoaboutme)
    weres my acomodation ofer i been waitin ages now
    they started sending a lot of offers today again...so anytime now

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome! No need to worry, there's what is called a "3 year residence criteria" - which you have fulfilled (by living there for 5!) - and fees become "home" status as a result

I'll be coming to UEA on the 22nd from Malta. I'm excited as well - and very much scared that it's gonna be hard starting a new life, and making some good new friends and all....but if everybody there is as nice and friendly as on these threads, then it should be ok! :yep:
    Everyone there is going to be starting a new life so we all are going to be in the same boat

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer for a room at the University Village! I can't remember whether I put it as my first or second choice, but I'm completely happy with it. I'm in Hawthorne, apparently. Can't wait to get there. C:

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Tue, 12 Mar '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.