Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's hardly surprising that Arsenal fans are stressed at how their summer has gone so far, currently in my opinion they've got to considered weaker than Spurs.

Personally think these last few weeks are going to be huge for Wenger, finishing 5th next season would be the very worst time to finish 5th after all the promised money available for transfers, can't see many fans sticking by him if he spends **** all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    It's either, wenger out or wenger's the best manager alive, arsenal will come first next season because they haven't changed managers and complaining about money grabbing players who win trophies at other clubs. There's very rarely middle ground bar the people who actually look objectively. Too many extremists on this thread.
    I think this thread sums up how stupid 90% of Arsenal fans are really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poshwan)
    I think this thread sums up how stupid 90% of Arsenal fans are really
    And you're included in that 90%

ReputationRep:
    If we sell Gervinhio to Roma who would you like as a replacement ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    It's hardly surprising that Arsenal fans are stressed at how their summer has gone so far, currently in my opinion they've got to considered weaker than Spurs.

Personally think these last few weeks are going to be huge for Wenger, finishing 5th next season would be the very worst time to finish 5th after all the promised money available for transfers, can't see many fans sticking by him if he spends **** all.
    I've said this many times before, Wenger knows if he fails this season he'll either walk or be sacked. I can see him paying LFC's asking price for Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    Has he ever been given an ultimatum? I'm pretty sure loads were thinking that last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Even if we don't sign anyone, I don't think it's a massive disaster. .
    I would have to disagree. Considering Gazidis has come out and said there's a HUGE transfer kitty to be spent, considering he said we could buy Rooney, and even more expensive targets than Rooney, considering the feeling of optimism at the end of the season we all had that with 2-3 great signings we could put in a title challenge, considering how Spurs have strengthened, considering how even without any new signings United/City/Chelsea were already much stronger than us, considering he problem we had with scoring goals last season...

I don't want to use the word 'disaster' as that seems a bit extreme, but I would be very disappointed in Wenger taking into consideration all the above if we didn't sign anyone. This is the first summer funds have been available, and the world class players are out there, if he refuses to spend and instead sticks to his values over paying that extra few million for a player...there would be major discontent amongst the fanbase. I'm one of Wengers biggest fans but even I'd have a difficult time defending him if we don't sign anyone at all this window other than Sanogo.

I can see why people's patience is wearing thin, I still think we're going to sign players, but I can understand people getting edgy about the fact it's August tomorrow. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan to be concerned about that fact.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there's still a month to go, so I think the panic is a bit unwarranted. Having said that, it'd be nice to get a move along so any transfers will be integrated into the side before the start of the season, instead of lumping them into the starting line up at the end of August and hoping for the best.

I've built a defense mechanism against transfer windows after the past few years, so I've been avoiding rumours like the plague. Can't say I'm that surprised we've been linked to players, and not signed anyone, but I will be very disappointed if we come up empty (or with minimal and obscure talent). However, I'll deal with that at the end of August like i've done for the past god knows how many years. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I've said this many times before, Wenger knows if he fails this season he'll either walk or be sacked. I can see him paying LFC's asking price for Suarez.
    Personally think he'll bid no higher than £45mil, and that Suarez will stay at Liverpool for one more season. If that's the case your season is going to be massively dependant on how wisely Spurs spend the Bale money tbh, a couple of quality replacements e.g. Soldado and one other and it's going to be struggle to beat them.

Who else are you guys seriously linked with atm? I'd be surprised if it was just Suarez considering you need a new DM and probably a winger too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Yeah, there's still a month to go, so I think the panic is a bit unwarranted. Having said that, it'd be nice to get a move along so any transfers will be integrated into the side before the start of the season, instead of lumping them into the starting line up at the end of August and hoping for the best.

I've built a defense mechanism against transfer windows after the past few years, so I've been avoiding rumours like the plague. Can't say I'm that surprised we've been linked to players, and not signed anyone, but I will be very disappointed if we come up empty (or with minimal and obscure talent). However, I'll deal with that at the end of August like i've done for the past god knows how many years. :sigh:
    Haven't seen you post here in a while. How come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    You aint seen nothing yet. Wait for when we lose 1-0 to Villa on the opening day.

I'm roasting the corn as we speak.
    I think a 0-0 is more likely but it'll have the same effect - all hell will break loose (well not quite because Arsenal fans never go that far).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Haven't seen you post here in a while. How come?
    I told you, I avoid the transfer window like the plague. It makes me depressed when I get my hopes up, but I'll be back for the beginning of next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    I think the problem is that we've been linked with some top players (jovetic, higuain) and watched them all move elsewhere, and besides Suarez now there is pretty much no other top striker left that we could sign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Do you want a pat on the back for that? Supporting a club shouldn't be a task and if you think its a task for you to be patient then look elsewhere. If all that matters to you is a piece of silverware which you will never see or haven't even earned for yourself then you shouldn't support this club.
    By that logic no one should support any club...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I think a 0-0 is more likely but it'll have the same effect - all hell will break loose (well not quite because Arsenal fans never go that far).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not going to lie I'm going to start Wumming if you go on a poor run of form early on in the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    I told you, I avoid the transfer window like the plague. It makes me depressed when I get my hopes up, but I'll be back for the beginning of next season.
    I said that I would do that, but I didn't keep my word.

You're a smarter man than I. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    ESPN has become unavailable on Virgin Media . Anyone know whether I can get ESPN/BT Sport without having BT broadband?

ReputationRep:
    I feel Rosicky could play a big part in our season if Wenger doesn't strengthen in that position.

When he's fit, he's actually instrumental in most of our attacking play, and he also shows hunger in chasing back to make interceptions.
    He's just one of a number of players who have been hit with injury. But he's much less injury prone than Diaby!

I'm sorry, you give allowances to players for injuries, and you can go through a bad spell. But Diaby is actually quite shocking. He'll return from injury for 1 or 2 games MAX, and then you will hear, 'Abou Diaby will miss next week's game against ______ due to a calf strain.' Next thing you know, you wont see him until the next season. It's both laughable and tragic. His years of prime football have pretty much been destroyed by injury.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but he really is a drain on our resources and he must either be released, or sold to make way for some fresh new players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanieleRosato)
    I feel Rosicky could play a big part in our season if Wenger doesn't strengthen in that position.

When he's fit, he's actually instrumental in most of our attacking play, and he also shows hunger in chasing back to make interceptions.
    He's just one of a number of players who have been hit with injury. But he's much less injury prone than Diaby!

I'm sorry, you give allowances to players for injuries, and you can go through a bad spell. But Diaby is actually quite shocking. He'll return from injury for 1 or 2 games MAX, and then you will hear, 'Abou Diaby will miss next week's game against ______ due to a calf strain.' Next thing you know, you wont see him until the next season. It's both laughable and tragic. His years of prime football have pretty much been destroyed by injury.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but he really is a drain on our resources and he must either be released, or sold to make way for some fresh new players.
    I agree with you. He was pretty instrumental in our end of season form last campaign and purely as a footballer, he's perhaps our most talented. I think we'd be better of buying a DM than AM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You know Tottenham's team is pretty strong and can seriously challenge for top 4 even without Bale even though they couldn't do it last season. Who would you take from their team?

For me it'd probably look something like this:

Lloris

Sagna Bossielny Vertonghen Gibbs

Wilshere Dembele

Walcott Cazorla Bale

Giroud

I don't rate Walcott or Lennon tbh but probably cause of my bias towards Arsenal I'd go for Walcott.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.