Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    He's at Barca, the club he yearned all his life to play for, he can refuse to leave and wait to see what happens over the next 12 months cant he?

If Cesc has any principle then he wont join Chelsea.
    Tbh, Cesc doesn't have any principle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pique_LOL)
    Well have you got something wrong in your brain because Pique is not just some Spanish bloke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not talking about Pique and he didn't say he's going to Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Just wait until it's official, as far as I know the "Chelsea" bit is still rumour.

That said, players should just ignore fans. They are just totally irrational.
    Arsenal fans are unfollowing Fab all because of this :lol:. We're so pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    I'm not talking about Pique and he didn't say he's going to Chelsea.
    Well why are you doubting the credibility then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I find it weird that no-one else had a bidding war with Chelsea tbh, to get Fab at 25m is bargain bucket type stuff. Maybe there was truth in him wanting to return to the PL/Lndn etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Why would clubs be required to let agents know the fee?
    Their fees are usually related to the transfer fee. They couldn't agree an agents fee without knowing the details of the transfer. I would also think the transfer fee factors in wages, as with the first Cesc deal he had to take a wage cut to get the deal though. The two sides cannot be independent of one another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    I find it weird that no-one else had a bidding war with Chelsea tbh, to get Fab at 25m is bargain bucket type stuff. Maybe there was truth in him wanting to return to the PL/Lndn etc.
    But it won't be for £25m, only we could pay that because that's what our clause is. For everyone else it would be at least £30m because Barca won't want to make a loss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    That line of thinking doesn't really makes sense. Say you did buy him for 25m and told him, it's gross underpayment for him so he and his are going to ask loads more money signing on bonus, salary wise etc. So, why would you tell him?

Barca might've told him to make him know how much they didn't want him.
    He's not necessarily going to ask for more salary if we underpaid for him, although there's not much of a point for us to tell him how much we paid for him. But regardless, if he knows how much he's leaving for somebody must have told him.

Maybe so, Barca are pretty immoral people in the world of football, it's great if Fabregas leaves them though considering what they did to get him. Quite funny tbh. Fabregas to me seems like a guy who tells his problems outside of the media to his friends, who then talk about him.

He's a sly rat tbh. Been saying this for time. If he does go to Chelsea and not Arsenal, just proves how much of a **** he is, but I knew that already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pique_LOL)
    Well why are you doubting the credibility then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because a bloke called Roger Saperas said Chelsea was a done deal and now it's all over Twitter. I doubt anybody knows who Saperas is.

ReputationRep:
    As an aside, you have to say that the vast majority of players who leave Arsenal fail at their new clubs.

From the days of Anelka/Overmars+Petit at £25m each(huge huge money back then), through to Adebayor, Toure, Cesc, Clichy, Hleb, Song etc. Even the likes of Nasri never quite hit the level they were at with AFC and RVP basically continued on his AFC form for a season before ending up crocked and in 7th again. Henry/Vieira won more after leaving but never got even close to their invincibles days.

Buying a player off Wenger is like buying a 2nd hand car from Arthur Daley or Del Boy basically. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool are buying young players to build into a team for the future. They have the money for Fabregas but it's clear who he'll choose the second we give him a 150k contract, Liverpool can't get him.

City could get him, but it'll be for a position they don't need with Toure, Silva, Nasri capable of playing no.8 or no.10.

In reality, Arsenal should go in for him and just play him as a false 9.

ReputationRep:
    Why is he a **** for going to chelsea? If arsenal turn him down and his girlfriend/daughter live in London of course he would go to chelsea

ReputationRep:
    Basically said yesterday, can't believe we aren't even interested, not like we haven't got a ton of cash, no midfield or remotely interested in Fab. Would think there must be a reason we aren't even throwing our hat (and some silly wages) into the ring.

ReputationRep:
    Because a bloke called Roger Saperas said Chelsea was a done deal and now it's all over Twitter. I doubt anybody knows who Saperas is.
    True, but then Pique saying that Fabregas has gone pretty much confirms that he's leaving Barca at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    They believe him because Saperas works for RAC1, who are like Barça's mouthpiece, and other media have reported it too. I agree though, it's all just gossip at the moment. Regarding that Cesc saga most media in Spain have gone full retard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Why is he a **** for going to chelsea? If arsenal turn him down and his girlfriend/daughter live in London of course he would go to chelsea
    He's not a **** for that tbf.

Arsenal turning him down is just stupid. Think Wenger has a deal in mind though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Basically said yesterday, can't believe we aren't even interested, not like we haven't got a ton of cash, no midfield or remotely interested in Fab. Would think there must be a reason we aren't even throwing our hat (and some silly wages) into the ring.
    Yeah this is suspicious, I expect it's because everyone (bar Chelsea) thinks Wenger will activate the buy back clause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    True, but then Pique saying that Fabregas has gone pretty much confirms that he's leaving Barca at the very least.
    He is leaving, but it isn't even clear Piqué is talking about Cesc in this video. RTV just cut it that way. They might as well be talking about e.g. Costa, if they mean pounds. Doubt it of course, but imo this video doesn't prove much :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    He's at Barca, the club he yearned all his life to play for, he can refuse to leave and wait to see what happens over the next 12 months cant he?

If Cesc has any principle then he wont join Chelsea.
    That last bit is BS tbh. If you guys don't want to buy him (or more accurately, wenger/the board), what's he supposed to do?

Not come back to the City he loves, to a top-tier team that'll win trophies?

Or does he go off to Germany/France where he has to learn a new language/move his family to unfamiliar surroundings?

If you really did value Fabregas as a man and as a player, you should be furious at the board for letting this happen. He'd love to come to you guys, but Arsenal just don't want him.

ReputationRep:
    But if Gerard Pique has said it then it must be right. That's his friend- I think he knows about where his future lies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.