Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    out of interest, who has already sent off their application. :O

ReputationRep:
    im so scared to do a mock..i feel like it will freak me out!!! test on monday

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone use kaplan to prepare? If so, how does it compare to the real test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal1234)
    I used kaplan online - the QR is similar to the exam, if a little harder, AR is very similar however VR was a bit easier than the exam in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MF12345)
    I used kaplan online - the QR is similar to the exam, if a little harder, AR is very similar however VR was a bit easier than the exam in my opinion
    I'm finding the QR on kaplan harder than the Medify QR, if you don't mind me asking, what were your kaplan mock scores and real ukcat score?

Thanks for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding the QR on kaplan harder than the Medify QR, if you don't mind me asking, what were your kaplan mock scores and real ukcat score?

Thanks for the reply!
    My mock scores are a little embarrasing for most of them they were between 500 to 530 my highest ever I think was 550! I got 780 in the real thing and I did find QR very difficult on Kaplan even right before the exam. Keep on going with Kaplan, I do think it did prepare me despite me doing awful in mocks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, please can anyone thinking of Manchester advise on the non-academic criteria. What defines as good experience in caring role i.e., tenure (months or years???)

ReputationRep:
    just did my final medify mock and got vr 600, qr 500 ar 800 band 2. OMG QR has killed me and i really don't know what to do??!!!

ReputationRep:
    Did you find the MEDIFY mocks harder than the real thing?????

ReputationRep:
    did people use the whiteboards a lot during QR in the real test to write down answers to calculations when working through a question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    did people use the whiteboards a lot during QR in the real test to write down answers to calculations when working through a question?
    Not at all with me. Maybe just to remember a number but you can always use the memory function on the calc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy*)
    Not at all with me. Maybe just to remember a number but you can always use the memory function on the calc
    how do you use the memory function?

ReputationRep:
    how do you use the memory function?
    easier to just write the numbers on the pad you're given tbh. I can hold a pen and use mouse simultaneously not sure if everyone is able to do that efficiently though.

ReputationRep:
    just did my final medify mock and got vr 600, qr 500 ar 800 band 2. OMG QR has killed me and i really don't know what to do??!!!
    Don't worry the day before my exam i got 500 in QR for my medify mock but then in the real thing i got 690! The medify mocks are slightly harder and I think the scoring system must be harsher too. My VR and AR were quiet accurate from medify mocks. My SJT was consistently band 2 in mocks but in the real thing i got band 1.

This is just my experience Hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    I personally used mine for just about every question and it really helped, but I have a terrible memory when remembering short term numbers

ReputationRep:
    Are medify mocks harder than the real thing????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    Are medify mocks harder than the real thing????
    Anyone???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterscientist2)
    Anyone???
    as the consensus stands:

VR= HARDER THAN MEDIFY
    QR= SLIGHTLY EASIER THAN MEDIFY
    AR: ON PAR WITH MEDIFY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    as the consensus stands:

VR= HARDER THAN MEDIFY
    QR= SLIGHTLY EASIER THAN MEDIFY
    AR: ON PAR WITH MEDIFY
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I used the kaplan book. I found it too easy compared to the real thing tbh, especially QR. AR and VR are okay. I was getting 650+ in VR in kaplan, but got 530 in the real thing!!! And i finished the QR with about 5 mins to spare in kaplan mocks lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.