The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
Do uni clearing places fill up or are places unlimited?

It depends on the course and the university.

There's practical limits on how many students a course can take - but even in clearing a university knows they can make 2-5 offers for every place available (in some courses/universities) because not everyone who gets a clearing offer from them will choose that option.
Just saw the snapchat filter for alevel result day... I didn't need to see that. ..thanks pc world and snapchat. .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilly1234567890
they fill up so it is limited.

I heard uni's can take as many students as possible
Like they have an unlimited number
Original post by medstudent1010
Thanks but those are the grade boundaries and I'm looking for the edexcel markschemes :smile:

They will appear on that page when they get leaked/released but probably not till may unless someone leaks them
Original post by jayeshforce1
They will appear on that page when they get leaked/released but probably not till may unless someone leaks them

The edexcel markschemes have already been leaked I saw them a few weeks ago on this thread but now can't find them sadly
Reply 6585
Original post by jayeshforce1

DM me and I can provide a link if you would like.
Original post by Cadherin
Well, PHYA4 and PHA5A are exactly as I predicted with 120 UMS being 65/75.

CHEM4 is two marks higher, CHEM5 is two marks higher.
The ISA boundaries are disgusting...

Don't you mean CHEM4 is two marks lower?
Anyone worried about not getting into SOAS
Why did I look at the grade boundaries !!! I want to end my life now ffs
Got a triple monitor setup at work just monitoring grade boundaries . The stress is real
Reply 6590
Original post by JamieBritt272
Why did I look at the grade boundaries !!! I want to end my life now ffs

Keep the faith mate.
Original post by Pijktmyha
Don't you mean CHEM4 is two marks lower?

No, higher. I expected CHEM4 to have 120 UMS as 88/100, turns out it's 90/100.
Original post by xxvine
I heard uni's can take as many students as possible
Like they have an unlimited number

Is that supposed to be sarcastic?
Original post by xxvine
I blame the teacher
He should be able to control the class
Kick them out if they are messing about

I don't blame the teacher, he's really good. He's gotten half of the class upto a consistent A but the other half just don't want to cooperate.

He can't kick them out either because it's against the policy of the school - sixth form students are expected to remain in lessons and do work regardless.
Original post by PQ
It depends on the course and the university.

There's practical limits on how many students a course can take - but even in clearing a university knows they can make 2-5 offers for every place available (in some courses/universities) because not everyone who gets a clearing offer from them will choose that option.

I see
I'm looking at SOAS for clearing law. They say they have limited spaces on their website and their lines open from 7am tomorrow
I get my results at 11 so I'm scared the places will fill up
Original post by Anymorefor123
Econ 3 and econ4 for Aqa have gone up which is making me so worried . Scraped an A last year .. Don't know if it'll be enough this year however ☹️😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought this. Got a few UMS into an A last year, so really needed to ace this years exams to get an A. But boundaries have gone up😓
Original post by Pijktmyha
Is that supposed to be sarcastic?

No
Original post by Cadherin
No, higher. I expected CHEM4 to have 120 UMS as 88/100, turns out it's 90/100.

Oh okay, get you.
I'm now pretty sure I'll miss my firm offer. But edexcel maths is nice so I should hopefully get into my insurance. :redface: Oh well... Now I just need to get my parents ready for my inevitable failure
Original post by xxvine
No

Universities can't have unlimited spaces. They haven't got the funding or the facilities for an unlimited number of people.

Quick Reply

Latest