Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    You know what I meant :grumble: It means that not all the anatomy I need to know is crammed into the first 1 or 2 years :hmpf:

I know nothing about anything.
    The breath of my anatomy extends to hand, foot and head - thats as technical as i get.
    I have another assessment soon and i know nothing absolutely nothing for that either. Infact I even forgot where my placement was the other day and got the wrong bus to the wrong placement.
    I think i may be loosing my marbles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    You know what I meant :grumble: It means that not all the anatomy I need to know is crammed into the first 1 or 2 years :hmpf:
    It was me groaning about my pitiful anatomy (which is my own fault...) rather than being pedantic about your point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SabreT)
    This. I've only been in medical school 28 days and I'm finding anatomy terribly tough. And Cambridge is apparently one of the best for anatomy teaching. Does every medical school make you learn everything apart from neuroanatomy in 1st year? It seems to move too fast to actually take anything in
    Cambridge has a nasty habit of teaching you anatomy to a ridiculous level - the level you learn is the level required for MRCS exams. Early on I found anatomy tough, particularly because you spend first term doing relatively boring stuff like the arms and legs. However, once you've got over the learning curve it becomes much easier (and IMO much more fun than Biochemistry and Physiology).

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'd better actually start revising for this GI test on tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billet-doux)
    Thanks. It literally is feeling so long already and we've only just finished the anatomy! How's final year going? If you dont mind me asking- did you intercalate?
    It does feel like forever - the novelty of being in medical school has worn off, but the really interesting stuff hasn't started yet, so it just seems like day after endless day of lectures stretching before you...

Don't panic, it will end! Like I said, just keep ploughing through it.

Final year's going fine so far, thanks; I'm in GP for the first rotation which is interesting but can be a bit isolating as you're all in different places. F1 applications are over and done with too so I can relax (sort of) until the allocations are announced in December. And yes, I intercalated between second and third years.

ReputationRep:
    I just found the best ipod application for people who have a visual memory for differential diagnosis (picturingMed) it was taking me forever to try and draw these things myself - thankyou technology. Does anyone know any good ones for management - has to be completely visual memory orientated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    I just found the best ipod application for people who have a visual memory for differential diagnosis (picturingMed) it was taking me forever to try and draw these things myself - thankyou technology. Does anyone know any good ones for management - has to be completely visual memory orientated.
    Whats the name of the app? They have some pretty awesome apps like 3D brain. Get Medscape, its really good! MedCalc is also good for scoring stuff like the GCS. I downloaded another one for radiology, basically has CT scans but when you scroll up and down you move through the CT scan through the windows. (I've forgotten all the terminology!)

ReputationRep:
    Any good android apps floating about?

ReputationRep:
    Listening to Placebo because I'm a 12 year old goth.

ReputationRep:
    How do I get the passion back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    You don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    You don't.
    :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Pretend you're not a medical student. Seems to be working for me this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    :sigh:
    Bah, don't take my word for it. I'm just cranky with it at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Your a second year right?
    Clinical years - should come flooding back!!!
    Then maybe fade away again.

ReputationRep:
    Just realised that my baby sister is going to graduate the same year as me. :/

ReputationRep:
    Oo aye this is true
    Get to pick first SSC soon might try and make it a clinical based one

ReputationRep:
    I'm absolutely loving my course and I know that it's only going to get better. I hope that it isn't just naivety on my part and it will continue to endure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Just realised that my baby sister is going to graduate the same year as me. :/
    Same with me and my little brother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Same with me and my little brother
    The world is suddenly a scary place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.