Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm literally so happy that I saw Abou starting a game in the flesh. It was the Southampton COC game, so bad result, but seeing his name read out at kick off was surreal.

(Original post by leinad2012)
    Oh and BTW why is it that the recently binned stuff has me as op/ creator of binned thread? Really confused as to what I said that left me as op
    Your comment was probably the first to go, and when a group are deleted in one go, I would assume they are all in the same 'binned thread'. One of mine were, and an unread notification from Tornado.

ReputationRep:
    Can probably get the mods to prove I didn't report him, actually was a funny post and said it like 10 minutes before they were all gone. Only 'person' I reported today was Shawn because he calls me a ******* or a prick all the time and I'm not sure I've actually seen him post anything about Arsenal before.

It is funny however that people want me to be banned when I'm the one being personally abused and havent said anything like that to anyone, hell even had a section moderator joining in on it earlier. Truth be told, worst thing I've done was hint that I thought Leinad was a **** by linking a video of Alan Partridge, but I was in a s***** mood that day.

I can take the banter so I'm not gonna be a **** all the time about it. Sucks that his most repped comment got taken down though.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal thread's always a mess.

ReputationRep:
    #Justice4Sheddy

#Cut4Shed

ReputationRep:
    #JeSuisShedEnd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    x
    If you just cut down on the wumming, and start adding to the football discussion on this thread, I am sure everyone else will be nicer too. We don't mind jokes, but when your posts consist of '#salty' and '#inferioritycomplex', it's hard to just put up with it and not want the person banned.

ReputationRep:
    hoping for an upset tonight...

Liverpool shaky on confidence and missing 3 players due to suspension?

Hmm, I still see them winning it with ease though - they have been pretty excellent at getting results against lower teams in 2015

Ah well, at least it gives us more of a challenge in the final.

(though after last weekend.. not much more)

ReputationRep:
    If they win tonight, then they still have hope of finishing the season on a high.

Kick the puppy whilst it's down Blackburn.

ReputationRep:
    Calling a mod dull and a waste of air is :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Possibility that Wilshere, Arteta & Diaby's recovery will all coincide. What a formidable trio to return to the first team squad. But with the team playing so well, would they even get into the starting 11?

Blackburn will put up a fight I reckon. They walked us on Saturday and didn't play on Easter Monday like most of the Championship. Though I do expect Rodgers to rally his troops and go hell for leather for the FA Cup now.

(Original post by samba)
    Calling a mod dull and a waste of air is :lol:
    We're you close to a ban anyway through card accumulation?

Too many times I've seen someone who was one blue away from a ban say something minor to get a blue & therefore banned believe the minor offense they did to be the sole reason for the ban.

ReputationRep:
    would not mind signing Milner in the summer.

a Großkreutz like utility player, who can play several different positions. great crosser of the ball, and can be a game changing substitution.
    can definitely get more goals and assists than welbz a season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)

a Großkreutz like utility player, who can play several different positions. great crosser of the ball, and can be a game changing substitution.
    We've got enough squad players as it is. Need to add first team quality this summer. I mean Milner ffs... really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    We've got enough squad players as it is. Need to add first team quality this summer. I mean Milner ffs... really?
    I've seen the guy come on against Bayern, and be a game changer. not even joking.

he's played striker this season (and scored), he can play as a winger, CM, DM, and probably a fullback too.

i think he'd be great for squad depth. has a lot experience too.

wouldn't pay for him; but on a free, would not mind.

worst case scenario: he replaces Diaby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    hoping for an upset tonight...

Liverpool shaky on confidence and missing 3 players due to suspension?

Hmm, I still see them winning it with ease though - they have been pretty excellent at getting results against lower teams in 2015

Ah well, at least it gives us more of a challenge in the final.

(though after last weekend.. not much more)
    Thing is, Blackburn have quite a few first team players out too

Hope they can utilise the home advantage though, and just go for it. Give Liverpool a really really harsh start and I don't think they'll recover.

I hope Liverpool go in to the game with arrogance and assuming that they'll still win the FA cup, and then get ****ed over by a header and a penalty.

2-1 Blackburn hopefully.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by De Chirico)
    I've seen the guy come on against Bayern, and be a game changer. not even joking.

he's played striker this season (and scored), he can play as a winger, CM, DM, and probably a fullback too.

i think he'd be great for squad depth. has a lot experience too.

wouldn't pay for him; but on a free, would not mind.

worst case scenario: he replaces Diaby.

For a player of his quality on a free I don't see why we wouldn't. That's if he's content with being a squad player and I'd much rather use Milner as 3rd/2nd choice instead of the likes of Flamini. Chances are he'll go to Liverpool though.

ReputationRep:
    Really hope Diaby doesn't get injured again. Poor guy deserves a season at least.

If he can somehow regain form and get a consistent run of games he'll be such an asset to us. He's an old school CM, like Viera, Toure etc. He used to boss our midfield when he played.

Was thinking about the injury problems of this year, other than Giroud's and Debuchy's injuries (correct me where I'm wrong).. most of them have been recurring injuries. It'll be interesting to see if players like Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta pick up the same injuries again. If not, then the new medical team has had an effect. They weren't going to come in and solve our problems instantaneously, perhaps they did need a season or so to help rehabilitate the players injuries more effectively? I'm not an expert, but having a fully fit squad for the first time since 2005 made me think that something might have changed.

ReputationRep:
    This has been one of the worst premier league seasons. I'm not interested in the relegation battle

ReputationRep:
    I really hope Wenger doesn't try to bring arteta wilshere or diaby into the first XI none are an improvement bar maybe wilshere for Ramsey.

I like Milner, he can play in so many different positions he's improved a lot. I'd take him on a free anyday tbf.

I really hope Blackburn can finish Liverpool's season tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    This has been one of the worst premier league seasons. I'm not interested in the relegation battle

If you mean from the bottom end, then yes. Teams like Leicester and QPR are at fault

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    It does seem quite dull at the top. Title is already decided. Top 4 is already decided. Relegation battle looks somewhat promising though. Although promotion to the Premier League in the Championship is the closest run-in for years, and the League One relegation scrap is massive too.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.