Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    Are medify mocks harder than the real thing????
    Yup, only slightly though!
    AR is same difficulty i found.

ReputationRep:
    how do you do standard form on the calculators in the ukcat tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    how do you do standard form on the calculators in the ukcat tests?
    i don't think you can do standard form on UKCAT calculators, correct me someone if I'm wrong?? I would assume its WAY quicker to do standard form in your head? Watch a youtube tutorial on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    how do you use the memory function?
    If you are storing a number you press M+ with the number typed in.
    If then you were gonna add anything to it, you will just press M+ and it adds it to the number already stored in the memory
    M- subtracts the number currently typed in from the number in the memory
    when doing means you can just do (45*50) then M+ then (45*51) then M+ (45*52) then M+ and it will add each multiplication to the memory number.
    In order to see the number stored u press MRC. If you have used it to do a calc then u can do MRC = then the number will show up and you can then divide this by the amount of people if you were calculating an average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    Yup, only slightly though!
    AR is same difficulty i found.
    oh ok!! was verbal harder in the real exam this year?? that's the impression im getting from everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    oh ok!! was verbal harder in the real exam this year?? that's the impression im getting from everyone else
    Roughly the same. The passages in the real thing were slightly longer, however they were easier to understand. Medify the passages are so hard to understand, like the ones about war omg!
    I guess its all down to luck tbh!

ReputationRep:
    Roughly the same. The passages in the real thing were slightly longer, however they were easier to understand. Medify the passages are so hard to understand, like the ones about war omg!
    Yehh I guess! thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help Mathsmad123, really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, is the QR of the ukcat official practice tests harder than the real than ? I found it harder than medify ones as well ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iqra-chan)
    Hey guys, is the QR of the ukcat official practice tests harder than the real than ? I found it harder than medify ones as well ?
    How do you define harder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Hope You Die)
    How do you define harder?
    Like im failing the QR

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    For VR the passages were long so just flag the long passages and come back.
    QR was much easier compared to modify or the mocks.
    AR was pretty similar to mocks.
    I got 640,890,730 so 753 average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pool99)
    Hey,
    hey well done on your score!!

what sort of AR patterns did you get?
    were the mostly
    shape
    colour
    arrangment
    number
    size
    patterns?
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    hey well done on your score!!

what sort of AR patterns did you get?
    were the mostly
    shape
    colour
    arrangment
    number
    size
    patterns?
    xx
    I'm already forgetting and I just finished the exam like 5 minutes ago!
    I remember a few odd evens. A couple had to do with like one more of this object on this side rather than the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pool99)
    Hey,
    your scores are really good, 890 for QR ? Any suggestions on how to improve on QR & AR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iqra-chan)
    your scores are really good, 890 for QR ? Any suggestions on how to improve on QR & AR?

For QR if you see a problem which you simply just don't understand just flag and move on.
    AR just requires practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picturesque2016)
    Hi, please can anyone thinking of Manchester advise on the non-academic criteria. What defines as good experience in caring role i.e., tenure (months or years???)
    I Phoned them up last year. From what I can remember they said they like long term commitment over a period of months, i remember the guy saying 6 months is preferable. Also its important to reflect what you gained from it. Top 1000 people are ranked using UKCAT and 900 are invited to interview based on non academic form. So basically 100 out of 1000 people get rejected due to their form.

ReputationRep:
    I Phoned them up last year. From what I can remember they said they like long term commitment over a period of months, i remember the guy saying 6 months is preferable. Also its important to reflect what you gained from it. Top 1000 people are ranked using UKCAT and 900 are invited to interview based on non academic form. So basically 100 out of 1000 people get rejected due to their form.
    Is volunteering at a hospital since January decent enough for commitment one day a week? I've learnt loads from it too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind calling them up for me, asking what is the minimum care work required this year please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbkbball)
    Do you mind calling them up for me, asking what is the minimum care work required this year please?
    Haha, of course mate😂😂Just PM me to remind me whenever you want me to call them!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.