Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    Have you watched/seen the show 'the valleys'
    I've seen about 20 seconds on Charlie Brooker's weekly wipe, It's the samme as all this TOWIE garbage, I miss when people had intelligence, or at least those who didn't were funny (del-boy etc.)

ReputationRep:
    Lol this college is really taking their time releasing who's accepted and who's rejected. Tad annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need English Literature Help !

Hey there, just wondering if someone could fill in the blanks.

2 Line verse/stanza in a poem is a 'Couplet'.

3 Line verse/stanza in a poem is a 'Terset'

4 Line verse/stanza in a poem is a 'Quatrain'.

5 Line verse/stanza in a poem is a '

6 Line verse/stanza in a poem is a 'Sestet'.

7 Line verse/stanza in a poem is a '

8 Line verse/stanza in a poem is a 'Octave'.

14 Line verse/stanza in a poem is a 'Sonnet' like Shakespearean Sonnets But there are also Petrarchan(Italian) Sonnets.

19 Line Verse/Stanza in a poem is a 'Villanelle'.

Worried about unseen Poetry now on 24th yet I haven't even started Of Mice & Men & An Inspector Calls which is 21st.
    Poetry Analysis definitely harder than the Novel/Short Story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Lol this college is really taking their time releasing who's accepted and who's rejected. Tad annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you apply for it? If so, good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    You're allowed to leave school at most colleges/6thForms during free periods, but I wont given the closest thing of any use to me is a Lidl about 40 minutes walk away

Kind of, but don't worry you'll be fine
    Aw why? No corner shops or greggs or chippies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Aw why? No corner shops or greggs or chippies?
    Just discovered there's a dominoes 15 minutes away in the other direction (Via Google Maps) :awesome:, I don't know the area extremely well because it's 12 miles outside my town

ReputationRep:
    Just discovered there's a dominoes 15 minutes away in the other direction (Via Google Maps) :awesome:, I don't know the area extremely well because it's 12 miles outside my town
    Ah fair enough. Domimoes :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I assume it's only a conditional offer? guaranteed provided you get the expected grades? I got mine a few months ago for my preferred college

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough. Domimoes :P
    and A Tesco I'm probably going to spend my second or third free period seeing how long it takes me to get there/back , to see if I can get something within a period!

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream I had a fight with a talking dog :lol:

ReputationRep:
    and A Tesco I'm probably going to spend my second or third free period seeing how long it takes me to get there/back , to see if I can get something within a period!
    sounds good :P I'll just get friends to buy me stuff when they are out

ReputationRep:
    sounds good :P I'll just get friends to buy me stuff when they are out
    Are you going to a completely different college or the School Sixth-Form? And I don't know anyone (properly) who's going to the college who doesn't go to the school and therefore has no knowledge of the area either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    I had a dream I had a fight with a talking dog :lol:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to a completely different college or the School Sixth-Form? And I don't know anyone (properly) who's going to the college who doesn't go to the school and therefore has no knowledge of the area either
    the same. A lot of people are changing 6th form but my best friends are coming here <3

ReputationRep:
    the same. A lot of people are changing 6th form but my best friends are coming here <3
    N'aww good 300 people In my year, I hate 290 of them, and of the other 10, 4 are going with me, and 3 are staying on, the rest are going to the local college. I'm going to try and stay in touch with those who aren't going. I need to meet new people, too many idiots, too many homophobes, Given it's a good college, with less idiots because they can't be bothered to take the bus

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    N'aww good 300 people In my year, I hate 290 of them, and of the other 10, 4 are going with me, and 3 are staying on, the rest are going to the local college. I'm going to try and stay in touch with those who aren't going. I need to meet new people, too many idiots, too many homophobes, Given it's a good college, with less idiots because they can't be bothered to take the bus
    Well my 6th form is one of the very few decent good ones in the area, 150 people have applied from my school, but over 80 from others have applied so many will not get in. Most people in my classes are applying. I hate a lot of them though. If I am in a form with my 2 best friends my life will be made.

Are you out at school?

I want to meet more people, plus the homophobia is pretty bad here - especially as is on my bus as I have explained prior

ReputationRep:
    Well my 6th form is one of the very few decent good ones in the area, 150 people have applied from my school, but over 80 from others have applied so many will not get in. Most people in my classes are applying. I hate a lot of them though. If I am in a form with my 2 best friends my life will be made.
    haha I want to be in form with the people I like, but I'm worried about going into my first lesson and knowing NO ONE

ReputationRep:
    haha I want to be in form with the people I like, but I'm worried about going into my first lesson and knowing NO ONE
    Well I have that fear sort of too, I know I will be fine for Spanish as a lot of schools here don't teach it, but Maths, Computing History and French I dno.

I am still ****ing smug that I am top of the year in history - it's the only thing!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    :eek::eek::eek:Good grief, 300 people in a year?!?!??!. How many are there in total at your school. We only have, like, 140 and 2/5 of them are leaving to go to vocational colleges and apprenticeships...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.