Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Discussion thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

i really really hope that everyone gets what they need.
    Remember that there's honestly nothing you can do about it now so whatever you get remember that you tried your best!!
    Those 5 years, all those lessons, controlled assessments, revision, exams ALL comes down to THIS.
    this time tomorrow you will know your results.
    Keep your head up high and take all the time you need to open your results. Speak with the teachers and don't think it's the end of the world if you don't get as expected. There are a ton of other options.

(Btw I'm super scared for tomorrow but am trying to calm down through this!!!! Aaahhhhhh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Having a major breakdown here...the OCR music boundaries are sky-high and that's the subject I'm really worried about...
    I feel like that about Chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    I found the 6 markers in b4 and b5 quite easy but b6 six marker was random but overall OCR biology gateway can lead to the gateway of my downfall, and I want A* in order of difficulty:

Bio was horrid

Jatz
    Omg i know exactly how you feel! I misread one of the six mark questions (the one about ADHD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine20710)
    i've just given up on thinking about results, I don't even care anymore, there's Sims 4 news coming out tomorrow so it's all gooood... right?!

the nerves are just starting to kick in.

ugh i'm not gonna be able to get to sleep
    SIMS 4??? HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?! Screw exams, I'm waiting for the Sims 4 to come out and playing it for the rest of my days :awesome:
    But yeah, I was surprisingly chilled out about results, until now - my nerves have deffo kicked in too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Having a major breakdown here...the OCR music boundaries are sky-high and that's the subject I'm really worried about...

Puhahahah!!!!! Don't worry music aint important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Completely agree but I think I made it up on the rest of the paper.
    I'm sure you did! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meadhbh 3)
    Ahh yes Eoghan Quigg, I don't know him at all but my brother says he's a total ******* and that was before he went for X factor. When he came back nothing and I mean NOTHING really happened for him, have you listened to his one song? 28,000 friends! Lol! It's so bad! after that he we back to school, and didn't get the lead in the musical and he was NOT happy. when I went to see it his character was supposed to get shot at the side of the stage and then he'd just fall behind the curtain, and that was it but when I saw it he just lay down at the side of the stage pretending to dead, then all I saw was someone's hand come out the side of the curtain and dragged his body across the stage! 'twas hilarious! well yours was a better guess for Spanish than me! Lol! oh I'm plenty nervous! People are expecting things now because I did well in the modules last year! But I'm most nervous for my DA science grade and probably my geography, I'm very impatient though and have been getting very frustrated around my house, I live in the country and there is nothing to distract me
    Hahaha he seems like a nice lad.
    The word 'teclado' was in the core vocab list, which I learnt after the exam. :/
    Don't worry! Tomorrow will come and go in no time.

ReputationRep:
    Watching funny videos on Youtube until I get the urge to sleep. Even then... I highly, highly doubt I'll sleep well tonight.

ReputationRep:
    What subjects is everyone nervous about? Quite happy with how low the grade boundaries are for Geography AQA Spec B!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    noooooo

i get mine at 9

i meant you dont want to wake up at 5 am ... and be stressed lol
    U lucky son of a beautiful women, am ganna die out of agony, ooh please if my life depended on it i would not wake up that early unless I smell food 0.0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Good luck, hope you can sleep after!:rofl:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    Its a good film, enjoy
    Haha thank-you! It was really scary and I won't deny that I hid behind my jumper, and was not the most macho fella in the world beside my girlfriend, but yeah was enjoyable I guess!
    I'm completely fine now though! Horror movies don't bother me after it and she's scared (and tomorrow doesn't help either) and she can't believe how blasé I am. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gyal97)
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

i really really hope that everyone gets what they need.
    Remember that there's honestly nothing you can do about it now so whatever you get remember that you tried your best!!
    Those 5 years, all those lessons, controlled assessments, revision, exams ALL comes down to THIS.
    this time tomorrow you will know your results.
    Keep your head up high and take all the time you need to open your results. Speak with the teachers and don't think it's the end of the world if you don't get as expected. There are a ton of other options.

(Btw I'm super scared for tomorrow but am trying to calm down through this!!!! Aaahhhhhh)
    Those 16 years all come down this, all of what we did at Primary and what we spoke and learned as a baby comes down this.My entire life has been about working towards one day but then again this was the same for Y2 sats, Y6 sats and will be for AS,A2,Degree,Masters,PhD and Job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohheywow)
    What subjects is everyone nervous about? Quite happy with how low the grade boundaries are for Geography AQA Spec B!
    Mainly the three science unit 3 exams, after looking at the ISA grade boundaries, im not sure il get the A*s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flutterby53)
    Yeah, Irish names don't tend to sound elegant in Brummie accents!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha that's true! I'm trying to imagine saying Aoife in any English accent. :lol: It must be a wee bit more popular if the girl from The Saturdays called her daughter that? (just ignore the fact I know that. )

Here's another Brummie (I say Brummie, she's close enough), who's half-Irish!

(Original post by Molly_xox)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Been building up to this moment for 12 years of education, scary! Good luck all! Hope you get what you want, goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    French edexcel grade boundaries are well high...higher than usual :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Those 16 years all come down this, all of what we did at Primary and what we spoke and learned as a baby comes down this.My entire life has been about working towards one day but then again this was the same for Y2 sats, Y6 sats and will be for AS,A2,Degree,Masters,PhD and Job.
    Please don't have this mentality, it's really not going to do you any justice. Yes, GCSEs may seem like the most important thing in the world right now, but they really, really aren't. You need some perspective to see that.

ReputationRep:
    Goodnight guys...good luck with your results everyone !!

ReputationRep:
    Just been told my school will open at 9.30 as opposed to the original time of 9.

Rage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill3er)
    I'm sure you'll be fine man, it's not the end of the world if you do worse then expected. All the best.

Trust me when I say am dead am dead, nevertheless if I don't die out of physical pain I will surly die out of embarrassment when they compare me to my relatives.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.