Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Vertonghen is better then Mertesacker you can't deny it. Its not a who gels who since there's no way to find out. Its best of the both squads.
    Vetronghen is too error prone like our vermy, Merty is the epitome of consistency.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Vetronghen is too error prone like our vermy, Merty is the epitome of consistency.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry if you actually think Mertersacker is better then Vertonghen then :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't Henry's defining charateristic (aside from the finishing) his pace? Walcott's just like him in that regard, and I think much more an accomplished finisher than Giroud. If you don't sign Suarez I'd say it's definitely worth playing him there. He was in fantastic form until he signed the new contract (difficult to say if that was because he wanted a new contract, or if it was as he was playing as a lone striker) but still.

ReputationRep:
    spurs signed soldado, doncaster signed one of the 1 direction singing chaps, who are we signing ffs,

is it september yet brahs

ReputationRep:
    Vertonghen is better then Mertesacker you can't deny it. Its not a who gels who since there's no way to find out. Its best of the both squads.
    The question was who would I take from their team, and I wouldn't take Vertongthen as he isn't as good as Koscielny and I doubt would improve the Koscielny - Mertesacker partnership which was pretty dominant last season (probably best partnership along City's). Ask a Spurs fan the same question, they probably wouldn't take Mertesacker.

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't Pellegrini said he's the first team striker? Not to mention he looks awesome so far in pre season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know but it would be a real waste if he's continued to sit on the bench like last season. A really good striker who I think we can do with. But don't think Pellegrini will sell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    spurs signed soldado, doncaster signed one of the 1 direction singing chaps, who are we signing ffs,

is it september yet brahs
    Even the rumours have died down! We were good at that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mirror's John Cross's take on the spending that quite isn't:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ow-far-2112190

In a nutshell, he basically thinks it's Wenger's reluctance to buy and not the board - their public statement in June proves they are ready to back him with big spending.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Even the rumours have died down! We were good at that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/t...back-spanish-c

ReputationRep:
    Mirror's John Cross's take on the spending that quite isn't:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ow-far-2112190

In a nutshell, he basically thinks it's Wenger's reluctance to buy and not the board - their public statement in June proves they are ready to back him with bug spending.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This isn't a new opinion though......

There's nothing to value in this article

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think Wenger thinks he can do whatever he wishes because he knows he is safe from the axe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if you actually think Mertersacker is better then Vertonghen then :facepalm:
    Actually watch the games rather than believing what the media says. Mert is a class above verts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually watch the games rather than believing what the media says. Mert is a class above verts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I watch the games. How about you take your rose tinted specs off instead.

ReputationRep:
    Mert is certainly not better than Vert :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think Wenger thinks he can do whatever he wishes because he knows he is safe from the axe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont think its to do with that. I think its probably the fact that he wants to give young players a chance more often than not. And watch them grow and mature into an outstanding player. He prefers doing that than buying already world class players. He's done that for so long that its hard for him to change his philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I watch the games moron. How about you take your rose tinted specs off instead.
    Resort to insulting me for having a different opinion, how classy, I can admit Spurs hav som better players like bale and lloris but vert is on par with verm, if you dont like my opinion fair enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I dont think its to do with that. I think its probably the fact that he wants to give young players a chance more often than not. And watch them grow and mature into an outstanding player. He prefers doing that than buying already world class players. He's done that for so long that its hard for him to change his philosophy.
    So he wouldn't be very useful at Madrid or PSG?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Resort to insulting me for having a different opinion, how classy, I can admit Spurs hav som better players like bale and lloris but vert is on par with verm, if you dont like my opinion fair enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You were the one who called me out saying I don't watch the games :rolleyes:

(Original post by The Assassin)
    Mert is certainly not better than Vert :lol:
    Some of the stuff said on here jesus :facepalm:

ReputationRep:

Take away verts goals and people would see him for the liability he is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Dw man just leave it :laugh:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.