The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6620
wow, I am completely and utterly doomed with organic chemistry :bawling:
Original post by Guren
Hah ok a fair amount of work I'd say . You're turn. :tongue:

:rofl: Guys you should be doing work, it will save you the pain of cramming! And A level cramming is the worst :s-smilie:

General studies exam...reminds me of tiffin tuesdays :gah:

Wut? If you mean curry then EWW, Krispy Kreme tuesdays is where its at. :coma:

If it isn't, then it appears Google has failed me, how could you :colonhash:
Original post by Guren
Hah ok a fair amount of work I'd say . You're turn. :tongue:

NOT A VALID ANSWER :tongue:
Original post by OhSophie
wow, I am completely and utterly doomed with organic chemistry :bawling:

What board are you on? I haven't started organic yet...
Can someone explain to me the 'expansion of the octet', in chemistry? It's boggling my mind :colondollar:
Reply 6625
Original post by MangoFreak
What board are you on? I haven't started organic yet...

OCR! We have an organic and an inorganic teacher seperately. I don't want to sound like one of those people who rely on their teacher solely, because I'm not, but my organic teacher has really let me down. We have a bunch of worksheets to do and I just can't do them, even with the aid of online sites.

Sorry, short rant, but yes, OCR haha :smile:
Original post by OhSophie
OCR! We have an organic and an inorganic teacher seperately. I don't want to sound like one of those people who rely on their teacher solely, because I'm not, but my organic teacher has really let me down. We have a bunch of worksheets to do and I just can't do them, even with the aid of online sites.

Sorry, short rant, but yes, OCR haha :smile:

Oh, cool, I'm on OCR also, but both our teachers are just doing different sections of each unit, rather than a unit each. The way you're doing it sounds quite odd, given that you probably want to have done the simple Unit 1 stuff before Unit 2.
Reply 6627
Original post by MangoFreak
Oh, cool, I'm on OCR also, but both our teachers are just doing different sections of each unit, rather than a unit each. The way you're doing it sounds quite odd, given that you probably want to have done the simple Unit 1 stuff before Unit 2.

Luckily my unit 1 teacher is an absolute treasure, so I'm finding it relatively easy give or take a few things. I'm going to assume you'll find organic easy, since you seem smart, however I am not naturally inclined that way so fml
Original post by Georgiecat
How much work are you guys doing over half term?

set myself a couple of targets to do by the end of half term
- Complete Further Pure 95% done.
- Complete Core 1 Done.
- Complete Decision 1 50% done
- Complete Statistics 1 10% done.
- Complete Unit 1 Physics 0%.
- Complete Biology Unit 1 50%
- Start Chemistry Unit 2 - Haven't got around.

As you can see I am no where near on track, Maybe because my Physic teachers are ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS in what they're teaching, so unfortunately I think I'm going to have to completely rely on myself for Physics. What about you? Are you keeping up?
Original post by Glitch96
Wut? If you mean curry then EWW, Krispy Kreme tuesdays is where its at. :coma:

If it isn't, then it appears Google has failed me, how could you :colonhash:

Quoted the wrong person? :lolwut:
NOT A VALID ANSWER :tongue:

Haha ok then just reading some news articles for economics :biggrin:
wbu?
Don't believe everyone that claims to have loads of A*s and 11 A levels...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44988141#post44988141
Original post by Mentally
What about you? Are you keeping up?

Original post by Guren

Haha ok then just reading some news articles for economics :biggrin:
wbu?

Well, I was away until yesterday, so so far I haven't done a lot, but I'm more or less on track. I'm also juggling a lot of volunteering, so I sense this is going to be a busy week...
My plan is to do 3-4 hours per subject (so that's 3-4 hours a day for the rest of the holiday), and in that time I aim to look over (and revisioncardify where necessary) all my notes so far, and generally get everything in order. My progress (in terms of time put in) is as follows:

Biology - 0%

Chemistry - 25%

Maths - 50%

Geography - 0%

You are taking the a-levels that I want to be taking ! :frown:
Original post by sarahiscool
You are taking the a-levels that I want to be taking ! :frown:

:frown: What are you taking?
Reply 6634
Original post by Blueray2
Don't believe everyone that claims to have loads of A*s and 11 A levels...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44988141#post44988141

I stopped reading after 'Philosophy, English, Politics are soft subjects'. This statement already told me that everything you said was going to be a load of bull.
Original post by Katie97
I stopped reading after 'Philosophy, English, Politics are soft subjects'. This statement already told me that everything you said was going to be a load of bull.

Philosophy - maybe. But trust me, was bs. Went on to say was only taking 3 and further maths wasnt an a level. Muppet

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown: What are you taking?

The same but physics instead of chem , so not that different but I wanted to do that combo :frown: which boards are you on ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahiscool
The same but physics instead of chem , so not that different but I wanted to do that combo :frown: which boards are you on ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I see :/ I'm on Edexcel for maths and chem, and AQA for bio and geog. Yourself?

Up earlier than 12? In a holiday? What is this witchcraft?! :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest