Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    British players are the only ones you can hope to get genuinely loyalty from these days. Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Jenkinson wouldnt **** us over I'm sure(AOC and Walcott would though). Mertesacker, Koscielny, Rosicky, Diaby are all pretty decent lads though tbf.
    Yeah Walcott is definitely a grade A snake.

100k man. Probably is worth 100k a week wages though looking at it now tbf but Walcott basically just did a Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    That's quite an interesting point...

No wonder they're doing business so early too. Reckon City aren't going for him because of FFP. Although Fabregas counts for homegrown rules, maybe they're scared of taking the bait.
    Wait...what if Cesc refuses to leave and goes back to us for free later on?

#Wengernomics

ReputationRep:
    But then in the video that Little_tom translated, he went and said something along the lines of "**** my life"
    Why would he care that a player from Atlético is going to Chelsea?
    It was VdB who said that, not Piqué. It seems like they're joking to me. And still, no mention of Cesc. They really could be talking about Costa, or whatever. I do believe he's off, but the video isn't much proof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Wait...what if Cesc refuses to leave and goes back to us for free later on?

#Wengernomics
    He'll be rotting on Barca's bench for 2 years then.

ReputationRep:
    He'll be rotting on Barca's bench for 2 years then.
    Ah it's 2 years misread that as 2015.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    It was VdB who said that, not Piqué. It seems like they're joking to me. And still, no mention of Cesc. They really could be talking about Costa.
    That's true.

Fair enough, I think it's unlikely. I reckon that Barca do want to sell to us though.

ReputationRep:

100k man. Probably is worth 100k a week wages though looking at it now tbf but Walcott basically just did a Rooney.
    There are certain players you just know would **** you over given a chance, not even the obvious ones as well. Like friends who tell you they love you when drunk but you wouldnt trust them with your sister for a minute :laugh: Giroud is another one I am 100% sure would have no probs doing us over so so badly

Which is why I dont give a toss about any of the **** Ozil, Podolski etc post on twitter because it's all just PR/fun for them. But I genuinely believed that Cesc was an Arsenal man through and through and that leaving for Barcelona was a genuine one off situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Ah it's 2 years misread that as 2015.
    It's because of the transfer ban. So if they lose 2 transfer windows(after this summer) that means that they'll only have 1 more transfer window to sell him at the end of his contract...

ReputationRep:
    How about he tells Barca that he's staying where he is, because he hasnt got any acceptable offers?

Barca DNA and all of the BS he spouted about them, and he'll chuck them in for Chelsea ?

Wenger fought tooth and nail to keep Cesc for years, was absolutely devastated when he left as the team was built around him. Now that we dont need him, he fancies joining Mourinho does he? Seems like he only wants to use Arsenal when it suits him then. Those are the actions of a turncoat and a rat.
    You make it sound as though he WANTS to leave? He's the one that loves Barca, but what's he supposed to do when he's been told to piss off?

And what's he supposed to do when his beloved Arsenal say no to buying him back?

You guys're reacting like little kids tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    It wasn't really a strike per say, but rather the club and Cesc had come to an agreement that he would be sold in the summer so opted not to play him for the rest of the season (Source: today's Arsecast!) especially considering that the club begged him to stay for one more season and he did.

Barca may be more willing to sell to you but tough ****, we have first refusal and so what they want becomes irrelevant! Other clubs have to bid in excess of £30m (which makes no sense considering his buy out clause is more than that I believe) but we can get him back for just £25m

If Cesc ends up at CFC it will be Wenger's fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you probably can't get him back for £25m i don't know why you believe that lmfao

ReputationRep:

The whole "I wanna play through the middle" chat from him is now clearly bull****. He's probably played centrally a grand total of 5 times, if that, all it was about was money and Theo trying to maintain his good, loving charming young man act rather than the money hungry **** he is! And the annoying thing is, we are gonna have to go through that bull**** with him again soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    You make it sound as though he WANTS to leave? He's the one that loves Barca, but what's he supposed to do when he's been told to piss off?

And what's he supposed to do when his beloved Arsenal say no to buying him back?

You guys're reacting like little kids tbh.
    Nobody can force him to leave.

Given the choice between staying at Barca or joining Chelsea I should think his decision would be automatic.

Let's not act as if he'd be sent to train with the kids, Luis Enrique would have to factor him into his plans if he insisted on staying.

ReputationRep:
    There are certain players you just know would **** you over given a chance, not even the obvious ones as well. Giroud is another one I am 100% sure would have no probs doing us over so so badly :laugh:

Which is why I dont give a toss about any of the **** Ozil, Podolski etc post on twitter because it's all just PR/fun for them. But I genuinely believed that Cesc was an Arsenal man through and through and that leaving for Barcelona was a genuine one off situation.
    Giroud of course, look at his ****ing personal life guy is a joke. :rofl:

United players are just as bad, how can Vidic leave mid season and tell them he's going to Inter.

Football is a job first and foremost. Tbh half your players can be improved on anyway. Ramsey is irreplaceable, Reckon Wilshere is too, the likes of Walcott/Ox/Podolski/Giroud etc are replaceable so it doesn't matter if they're snakes.Tbh I just don't get why Arsenal didn't go for Higuain and Gustavo, would have been title sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    The whole "I wanna play through the middle" chat from him is now clearly bull****. He's probably played centrally a grand total of 5 times, if that, all it was about was money and Theo trying to maintain his good, loving charming young man act rather than the money hungry **** he is! And the annoying thing is, we are gonna have to go through that bull**** with him again soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbf to Walcott, he sees that at other clubs he can get more than he currently had at Arsenal, he's run down his contract and is having a very good season at the time, he has a lot of leverage in this situation. 100k probably is what he's worth, his playing style is simplistic but his goals and pace is valuable.

ReputationRep:
    He's gone to Chavski lads, its over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    That's true.

Fair enough, I think it's unlikely. I reckon that Barca do want to sell to us though.
    Why?!

Only for more money and even I'd that is the case, any profit they make on the fee agreed between us and Barca we get half.

In terms of European competition it would make sense for them to sell him to us, we are a long way off of doing anything in the CL, you lot reached the semis. We have further to go on that front and probably need 6-7 players, whereas for you, one or two players would be the difference between losing in the semis and winning the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ...evidence?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know?
    Look on all betting sites. Arsenal are 5/1 to sign Cesc now.

ReputationRep:
    Look on all betting sites. Arsenal are 5/1 to sign Cesc now.
    Seriously...betting odds, that's all you've got?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.