Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Kanye's got a single coming out any day now.

Graduation is his best album I think. 'Big Brother' is so cringe though.

Graduation > Late Registration > TCD > Yeezus > 808s > MBDTF

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know the song brainstorm by wiz vagina? Dat beat man. How can something sound so cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The College Dropout = Late Registration > MBDTF > Graduation > Yeezus > 808

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Too much silliness on TCD to be his best album imo. There are only like three or four good tracks on it as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarly)
    we all have a little walter white within us.

ngl didnt read the rest.

the way everyone was even rooting for the bad guy:moon:

i miss BB.
    meh, the characters were awesome but i just got a little bored.

no problem, mostly about person of interest which you probably don't watch anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Kanye's got a single coming out any day now.

Graduation is his best album I think. 'Big Brother' is so cringe though.

Graduation > Late Registration > TCD > Yeezus > 808s > MBDTF

(Original post by Deshi)
    Wow not much love for MBDTF. Some of the samples in it were too sick.

Still remember Graduation as the album that ruined 50 cent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Wow not much love for MBDTF. Some of the samples in it were too sick.
    I don't see why that's so surprising, really. If you ignore the hype you'll see it's a decent to good album but no more than that. I get that it was well put together, and it doesn't lack the quality control that CD & LR did, but I just find it bland, and it doesn't exactly improve on the stuff he did on his first three records.

Nicki's verse is the most exciting part of the album.

ReputationRep:
    We discussed this in the Arsenal thread a couple of weeks ago. A fair bit of love from MBDTF there from SUG and Swarly (not sure who's dupe that is/was). I like it, I said at the time Gorgeous is probably may favourite song and its on that album. I think its his only real return to form of late. Didn't like 808's or Yeezus.

Saw him Live ages ago on his Glow in The Dark tour. Was okay, wasn't really impressed tbh, was like 3 rows from the front and still didn't really feel the atmosphere. Saw Jay-Z a few years back, much worse position and the atmosphere was better before he'd even stepped on stage, madness when he was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    We discussed this in the Arsenal thread a couple of weeks ago. A fair bit of love from MBDTF there from SUG
    Doesn't surprise me. He plays some terrible music in plug.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a real big urge to re-read Harry Potter for some reasons, only read each of the books once. Might just watch the films instead

ReputationRep:
    ^ I've never read them, but was going to jump on the bandwagon. Any good?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. And I only got into reading around 4 years ago, so read them when I was like 20 and had seen all the films. I'd been watching the films at the cinema since I was a kid though so was already a fan

ReputationRep:
    Dude :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Yes. And I only got into reading around 4 years ago, so read them when I was like 20 and had seen all the films. I'd been watching the films at the cinema since I was a kid though so was already a fan
    Will read the books before watching the films.

(Original post by Isometrix)
    Dude :lolwut:
    Just never got round to it. When I started secondary school they were pretty big then but I wasn't interested in reading so just never read them. Same with LOTR, though I've read the Hobbit and will get round to the other books at some point. I've got them I'm just lazy like that nomsayin.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I'm getting a real big urge to re-read Harry Potter for some reasons, only read each of the books once. Might just watch the films instead
    I've only read the first three books but last year I decided that i'd finally watch the films. They're surprisingly good.

Apparently there are a lot of things in the book that get omitted from the films, so it would be interesting to see what they've left out.

ReputationRep:
    Will read the books before watching the films.

Just never got round to it. When I started secondary school they were pretty big then but I wasn't interested in reading so just never read them. Same with LOTR, though I've read the Hobbit and will get round to the other books at some point. I've got them I'm just lazy like that nomsayin.
    When I was younger I was just one of those kids that spent all his time playing football/video games thinking reading was lame, it's not as if my parents or anyone would read to me/encourage me to read either so I just never did it. I actually really feel like I missed out to some extent as there's loads of classics that'll never read well at this age. Ever since I read my first book outside of the education environment just before I started uni (how bad is that) I've read nearly 200 books, I'm a machine nowadays and I'm rarely not reading a book of some sort. I've been missing out most my life

(Original post by sr90)
    I've only read the first three books but last year I decided that i'd finally watch the films. They're surprisingly good.

Apparently there are a lot of things in the book that get omitted from the films, so it would be interesting to see what they've left out.
    Marathon Lotr and Harry Potter around Christmas every year crew.

Can't really remember too much but the books are better naturally and they do miss out quite a bit.

Spoiler:
    Show

Can't hold all these feels :cry2:

In all seriousness I'm glad I at least watched them in the cinema from the first one to the alst. I was just never motivated to read it until I actually got into reading feeing that film adaptations were enough.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    When I was younger I was just one of those kids that spent all his time playing football/video games thinking reading was lame, it's not as if my parents or anyone would read to me/encourage me to read either so I just never did it. I actually really feel like I missed out to some extent as there's loads of classics that'll never read well at this age. Ever since I read my first book outside of the education environment just before I started uni (how bad is that) I've read nearly 200 books, I'm a machine nowadays and I'm rarely not reading a book of some sort. I've been missing out most my life
    I haven't read for pleasure since I was a kid because i've been studying very research intensive subjects, particularly at uni where I did a History degree. I read so many books through necessity that I never wanted to do anything more than that. Since I graduated earlier this summer, it's quite nice to just sit down and read for pleasure.

There's some really good football books on the market as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I haven't read for pleasure since I was a kid because i've been studying very research intensive subjects, particularly at uni where I did a History degree. I read so many books through necessity that I never wanted to do anything more than that. Since I graduated earlier this summer, it's quite nice to just sit down and read for pleasure.

There's some really good football books on the market as well.
    Books = TV shows > Films

I try and read around an hour a day, 30 mins during commuting and 30 mins before bed, casual reading is great

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of books, does anybody read Darren Shan?

It's more of a teenage kind of thing - he's one of the most popular teen horror writers in the world but I suppose it's a very specific category so it isn't all that impressive.

Although then are aimed at teens and contain a lot of supernatural things, he really is an excellent writer.
    Although his books contain the likes of zombies and vampires, almost all are set in a real world scenario if that makes any sense?

If you're wanting something a little more grown up he did an adult trilogy (under the name D.B. Shan) which is honestly one of the best series's of books I've ever read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Speaking of books, does anybody read Darren Shan?

It's more of a teenage kind of thing - he's one of the most popular teen horror writers in the world but I suppose it's a very specific category so it isn't all that impressive.

Although then are aimed at teens and contain a lot of supernatural things, he really is an excellent writer.
    Although his books contain the likes of zombies and vampires, almost all are set in a real world scenario if that makes any sense?

If you're wanting something a little more grown up he did an adult trilogy (under the name D.B. Shan) which is honestly one of the best series's of books I've ever read.
    You read books?
    Lol, loser

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.