The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KingKoala)
Anyone think we can get anything on Sunday?
Nope. They'll end our league season on Sunday imo. Even a draw would feel like a loss. We simply have to win or its all over.

Tbh it feels like our league season ended ages ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
Nope. They'll end our league season on Sunday imo. Even a draw would feel like a loss. We simply have to win or its all over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TBH I'm just hoping something magical happens in the FA cup.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It ended when we lost to Norwich in December.

There's no point getting emotionally invested too much in things, LVG knows he's off and i can guarantee something has already been agreed behind the scenes. Think of it this way - when you hand in your notice at work you're still there for a bit but you aren't bothered in the slightest are you? You just do a half arsed job until your notice is up and you can leave. Same thing is happening with Pellegrini, City should be 10pts clear at the top with their squad.

We're obviously waiting for Mourinho who, quite rightly, doesn't want to take over this mess mid season.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Won't be surprised if City play for a draw tbh
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not sure what result is best for us to be honest.

I don't think we can beat West Ham to top 4 if City slip, therefore a United loss would really help us try to get EL next season.

That being said, why not dream for top 4 and hope for a draw?
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Smalling has been shocking recently, he should be dropped and then sold in the summer. Meanwhile, move Rojo into the Centre with Blind and play Darmian LB.
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
We clearly have had terrible finishing against you this season and DDG is the difference every time we play, but you haven't deserved to beat us at all this season so claiming you're superior based on that isn't all too valid in my opinion.
I do have Liverpool supporter bias though.
Liverpool bias or not, I agree with what you have said. The most important thing is 3 points, but we played pretty badly in the majority of those games. It would be a blatant lie to state we're better, due to the results in those fixtures. Everybody here watched those matches. They know that the results flattered us.

You guys play much better football than we do. Our football is dreadful to watch 95% of the time. One of the few good things Van Gaal has done for this club is buy Martial. So many people seemed to know how poor the transfer was, even though they had never seen him play. We'd have been so ****ed without him this year.

(Original post by Dirtybit)
Knew that we were doomed when Rafael was sold for no reason.
Still pisses me off. Bias may cloud my judgement, but I loved that guy. He is better than what we have now.

(Original post by KingKoala)
Smalling has been shocking recently, he should be dropped and then sold in the summer. Meanwhile, move Rojo into the Centre with Blind and play Darmian LB.
Never sold, but I agree that he has been awful over the past couple months. He started this season very well and turned to ****. I personally dislike Rojo a lot. I don't trust him and he keeps getting injured. He comes back for a couple games and gets injured again. Honestly don't trust any of our CB's that much.

We go from Rio/Vidic to the garbage we have now. Makes me cry on the inside.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its calm lads.
Martial will do mad ting and Aguero will score.
Fellaini will cost us the game.
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Us next season if we get Mourinho

samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
We thought the same thing when Van Gaal took over from Moyes.
DDG was bailing Van Gaal out though which was why it seemed like things improved, he also bought players in his first summer so he couldn't have really done any worse than Moyes. Liverpool don't have anyone papering over the cracks, the state of the squad is clear (with and without injuries), we have had good and bad results but there has been some improvement which has churned out results in the big games. Klopp knows what to improve in the summer to have some more consistency and pick up more points against the average PL side.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Stoke are 1 point behind us :lol:
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Must must must win tomorrow against City. Chelsea have done a slight favour by keeping West Ham in our reach for now. Win tomorrow and our slim top 4 hopes stay alive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Stoke are 1 point behind us :lol:
They've played 2 games more than you though, and 3 more than us!
Obviously teams have to win games in hand but until we've all caught up, the table is a lie.

For instance, we "could" go level with you and West Ham if we win our games in hand. Now the chance of that happening is a different matter though...
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
On paper we should get a positive result if City are without the defensive option but they always seem to turn up for the derby. Season is meandering to a dire ending and even the players have lost faith in the manager but Ed isn't too bothered

Posted from TSR Mobile
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
They've played 2 games more than you though, and 3 more than us!
Obviously teams have to win games in hand but until we've all caught up, the table is a lie.

For instance, we "could" go level with you and West Ham if we win our games in hand. Now the chance of that happening is a different matter though...
I'd rather have points on the board than games in hand, we'll lose tomorrow anyway. Kompany and Otamendi being out doesn't mean much, City could play Liam & Noel Gallagher at CB and we still wouldn't manage a shot on target
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
FK will love this one.

Seems Independent and ESPN been briefed same thing news that if Mourinho takes over his main ST target will be Harry Kane. Says he wants 1 ST, 1 fast RW, 1 commanding CM and 2 Defenders (John Stones, Laporte, Marquinhos mentioned).

Seems about right to me. I think Mata will stay too and he will try again to get the best out of him rather than selling him straight away.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aguero scoring is set in stone.
All he needs is a couple of chances and we're done.
We need about 5 before 1 goes in.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
FK will love this one.

Seems Independent and ESPN been briefed same thing news that if Mourinho takes over his main ST target will be Harry Kane. Says he wants 1 ST, 1 fast RW, 1 commanding CM and 2 Defenders (John Stones, Laporte, Marquinhos mentioned).

Seems about right to me. I think Mata will stay too and he will try again to get the best out of him rather than selling him straight away.
Red Issue tweeted that he was after Pogba also, adding that he was told after the Liverpool game at Anfield that the job was his but nothing signed. Just imagine if they give it to Giggs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't get why people think that just because they've played football to a high standard professionally, they're qualified to be a manager. IMO United should appoint a team of academics to the position.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Red Issue tweeted that he was after Pogba also, adding that he was told after the Liverpool game at Anfield that the job was his but nothing signed. Just imagine if they give it to Giggs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Giggs won't get it dw
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (118)
63.44%
No (68)
36.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise