Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't carted off I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Troll Toll)
    He wasn't carted off I don't think.
    nah played the next 3 snaps and completed the passes before walking off gingerly and not being seen back.

I doubt its anything to serious. *touch wood*

In other news Von Miller was arrested :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    nah played the next 3 snaps and completed the passes before walking off gingerly and not being seen back.

I doubt its anything to serious. *touch wood*
    Oh, doesn't sound too bad then. Tbh, I hope it's nothing serious, I got Gronk in my fantasy :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bornab3)
    Oh, doesn't sound too bad then. Tbh, I hope it's nothing serious, I got Gronk in my fantasy :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooooh risky what if he starts on the PUP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also on Tim Tebows Birthday... Hmmmm fishy :eek:
    God is on his side, everybody knows that.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...reseason-debut

Pretty good article on a couple of Oregon zone read wrinkles. We ran the power to the offset side just this season and it's a pretty nice to do. Also some nice stuff on reading the 1 tech and packaged concepts. I don't really anticipate the standard zone read will last very long in the NFL, or at least not on its own. Reading the 1 tech allows a clearer read since they're not quick enough to slow play, and having multiple reads in the playbook will make it harder to scheme an assignment exchange between the read defender and the linebacker. I like the description of the packaged concept as being a read option for quarterbacks who can't run the read option. Green Bay have a few in their playbook I think.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently that Brady injury is nothing but a mild sprain, lucky really because we've apparently had 15 season ending knee injuries since the start of training camp across the NFL which seems a massive number!

ReputationRep:
    4 veteran receivers only 1 remains...

Danny and the young ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Apparently that Brady injury is nothing but a mild sprain, lucky really because we've apparently had 15 season ending knee injuries since the start of training camp across the NFL which seems a massive number!
    Football is bad for your knees. Especially bad when you've just had 6 months off contact.

ReputationRep:
    I still think Steven Jackson is gonna be T5 fantasy running back this year. Not sure how bold that is but I can see him punching in tons of red zone opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    I still think Steven Jackson is gonna be T5 fantasy running back this year. Not sure how bold that is but I can see him punching in tons of red zone opportunities.
    Falcons couldn't run a lick last year, I don't like Jackson this year personally I think he is getting over drafted because everyone's scared of the running back depth or lack thereof, touchdowns are wildly unpredictable

ReputationRep:
    Mmm I dunno about Jackson. Songs right about Falcons having a terrible run game. Hasn't one of their starting lineman gone down as well?

I think Jackson could get a few receiving yards but the Falcons already have Gonzalez, White and Jones as Red zone weapons.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/mas...act-wit,33506/

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Any way people could like share GamePass or is that really not allowed? I want to see if the Bills defense is mauling Ponder or Ponder's just having a nightmare!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Any way people could like share GamePass or is that really not allowed? I want to see if the Bills defense is mauling Ponder or Ponder's just having a nightmare!
    Don't have GamePass, although I think it's on a free trial right now, maybe this game is covered by that? If not, http://cricfree.tv/live/live_footbal..._buffalo/10861

Not great at all, but better than nothing

ReputationRep:
    God dammnit, Tom Brady is a beautiful, beautiful man. Also, probably the best QB in the NFL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Don't have GamePass, although I think it's on a free trial right now, maybe this game is covered by that? If not, http://cricfree.tv/live/live_footbal..._buffalo/10861

Not great at all, but better than nothing
    I screwed up my free trial, I started it yesterday and instantly cancelled the £130 payment it takes at the end of your 7 days, didn't realise that that ended your trial instantly because it doesn't say that in the terms and conditions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgFeanor)
    God dammnit, Tom Brady is a beautiful, beautiful man. Also, probably the best QB in the NFL.
    Glorius so far this pre-season. Who needs Welkah and Hernandez ehhh ?!? :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Glorius so far this pre-season. Who needs Welkah and Hernandez ehhh ?!? :adore:
    I'm normally a big Peyton Manning-guy in this discussion, but Brady is so insanely accurate and puts a the perfect touch on his passes. Also, his pre-snap adjustments are probly just or almost as good.

ReputationRep:
    So... our second round draft pick completely obliterated Dustin Keller's knee. Torn ACL, MCL, PCL, and a dislocated knee cap.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.